Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.172 DEV - ModAPI, Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy KeenSWH Developer

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week’s update contains more improvements to the overall game and modding. For example, there’s new block models for the oxygen generator and corner lights. Also, the hitbox on small grid automated turrets has been reduced which should help when flying into smaller hangars and make the placement of them on the underside of ships much less problematic.
    We've been hard at work on the ModAPI and programmable block API. There's *hundreds* of changes, including many community requests, so please check the forum for the complete list. We’d like to say a massive thanks to Inflex, Elfi Wolfe, Phoenix84 and Malware for their contributions.
    Currently, the designers are finalizing concepts of the new HUD with implementation expected to start over the coming weeks. To top it all off, we’re planning to make the HUD much easier to mod so it’s definitely something to look forward to!

In other news, we will be streaming tonight at 7PM CET on the Keen Community Network over on Twitch where not only we will be playing and discussing our games but we’ll be sharing more details on the upcoming General AI Challenge. I talked briefly about the challenge last week, but if you have an interest in artificial intelligence and you are either a programmer, STEM student or even just a tech enthusiast, who fancies a chance of winning a generous sum of money, then join us on our live-stream later today or visit the website in the description below for more information.

Features
    - Updated models (Oxygen Generator, Corner Lights)
    - Small Turrets collisions changed (thanks to SEModder4 )
    - ModAPI and Programmable Block changes (massive thanks to Inflex, Elfi Wolfe, Phoenix84 and Malware; go to our Modding section for more details)

Fixes
    - cleaned up old audio files
    - updated Assembler LODs
    - fixed memory issues on exit (Windows 10)
    - fixed seeing through geometry while pasting objects
    - fixed particle looping when shooting ground
    - fixed small Warhead collision model
    - fixed a hole in 1x1 window block
    - fixed Laser Antenna head flipping out
    - fixed DS Collision detection box on rotor construction not being wide enough
    - fixed opacity issues

Hotfixes
    - fixed issue with offline world not being able to load
    - fixed a crash when spawning in space suit/planetary lander in Star System scenario on DS
    - fixed issue where Mars,Moon and Alien scenarios would not spawn you on the platforms.
    - fixed crash when pasting procedural asteroid

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 20
  2. eldarstorm

First

Like the new models

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  3. Appw0905

Second. woop?
    Nice oxygen gen block!
    Also the turret hitbox is great!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  4. scboy167

Sorry if I'm just being stupid, but I couldn't find the ModAPI changes in the modding forums.

5. kitsunelegendXx

Fourth! =P

[edit] Oh hey, I actually guessed right! =D

[edit 2] Oh wow, I really like the looks of those corner lights! Great job! =O

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  6. Ed Frost

7. McVoy

Hurra

8. Cheetah97

Xocliw, quoting Tsiolkovsky... +1!

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutoMcD

The O2 and light look great!

10. Drui Keen Update Guy KeenSWH Developer

- detailed info will be added on the modding forum SOON-ish (in few hours i hope?)
    sorry about that :)
    update - in 9 minutes :) http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/modapi-changes-jan-26.7392280/

• Like Like x 1
  11. posthy

XXnd (who the f**k cares)
    Small turret collision box srhink is a welcome change, and I'm really glad the modapi and programmable block get their well deserved attention.

12. santibag

Is it a moving planet on the end?

13. KingdomBragg

Good stuff, thanks as always :)

14. Sero93

can sb link the Programmable-API changes List? the link above is unspecific

15. Drui Keen Update Guy KeenSWH Developer

Patience you must have my young padawan :) We are making it right now
    update: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/modapi-changes-jan-26.7392280/

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Saphi

what about the stable branch?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Eikester

Code:
    Exception occured: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at VRage.Sync.Sync`2.SetValue(T& newValue, Boolean validate)
      at Sandbox.Game.MyInventory.RefreshVolumeAndMass()
      at Sandbox.Game.MyInventory.Clear(Boolean sync)
      at Sandbox.Game.MyInventory.Init(MyObjectBuilder_Inventory objectBuilder)
      at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.InitInventory(MyObjectBuilder_Character characterOb)
      at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.Init(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder)
      at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.CreateCharacterBase(MatrixD worldMatrix, Vector3& velocity, String characterName, String model, Nullable`1 colorMask, Boolean AIMode, Boolean useInventory, MyBotDefinition botDefinition)
      at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Character.MyCharacter.CreateCharacter(MatrixD worldMatrix, Vector3 velocity, String characterName, String model, Nullable`1 colorMask, MyBotDefinition botDefinition, Boolean findNearPos, Boolean AIMode, MyCockpit cockpit, Boolean useInventory, UInt64 playerSteamId)
      at Sandbox.Game.World.MyPlayer.SpawnAt(MatrixD worldMatrix, Vector3 velocity, MyEntity spawnedBy, MyBotDefinition botDefinition, Boolean findFreePlace)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.World.MySpaceRespawnComponent.HandleRespawnRequest(Boolean joinGame, Boolean newIdentity, Int64 medicalRoomId, String respawnShipId, PlayerId playerId, Nullable`1 spawnPosition, Nullable`1 botDefinitionId)
      at Sandbox.Game.Multiplayer.MyPlayerCollection.OnRespawnRequest(RespawnMsg msg)
      at lambda_method(Closure , IMyEventOwner , RespawnMsg , DBNull , DBNull , DBNull , DBNull , DBNull )
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayerBase.InvokeLocally[T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,T7](CallSite`7 site, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4, T5 arg5, T6 arg6, T7 arg7)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationSingle.DispatchEvent[T1,T2,T3,T4,T5,T6,T7,T8](CallSite callSite, EndpointId recipient, Single unreliablePriority, T1& arg1, T2& arg2, T3& arg3, T4& arg4, T5& arg5, T6& arg6, T7& arg7, T8& arg8)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayerBase.RaiseEvent[T1,T2,T3](T1 arg1, T3 arg3, Func`2 action, T2 arg2, EndpointId endpointId, Single unreliablePriority)
      at Sandbox.Game.Multiplayer.MyPlayerCollection.RespawnRequest(Boolean joinGame, Boolean newIdentity, Int64 respawnEntityId, String shipPrefabId, Int32 playerSerialId, Nullable`1 spawnPosition, Nullable`1 botDefinitionId)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.GUI.MyGuiScreenMedicals.RespawnShipImmediately(String shipPrefabId)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.GUI.MyGuiScreenMedicals.RespawnShip(String shipPrefabId)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.GUI.MyGuiScreenMedicals.CheckPermaDeathAndRespawn(String shipPrefabId)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.GUI.MyGuiScreenMedicals.onRespawnClick(MyGuiControlButton sender)
      at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyGuiControlButton.HandleInput()
      at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyGuiScreenBase.HandleControlsInput(Boolean receivedFocusInThisUpdate)
      at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyGuiScreenBase.HandleInput(Boolean receivedFocusInThisUpdate)
      at SpaceEngineers.Game.GUI.MyGuiScreenMedicals.HandleInput(Boolean receivedFocusInThisUpdate)
      at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyScreenManager.HandleInput()
      at Sandbox.Graphics.GUI.MyDX9Gui.HandleInput()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mr Engineer

Nice Update. I havent seen a fix for merge blocks yet, have they been? Kind of expected stable branch to be updated today myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. chemicalscum

Looks realy nice, but every new world I start (Lone Survivor - Creative) starts with a respawn-screen with 1 spawn (spacesuit) and a crash to desktop when clicking it.

Edit: Indeed this seems to happen when world is set to 'offline'. It works on 'private'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Hyperion

I think it's just a matter of perspective, in a planet-moon system. But I would surely love SE to have actual stars and planetary orbits!

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Eikester

not only new worlds, existing worlds too, currently unplayable

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. darth_crunchus

I have a couple worlds I can play on. Existing. I have a Lone Survivor map I was able to load in, but anything with planets for me crashes at a respawn screen, even with Start on Respawn Screen unchecked. And I know I have a functioning med room in those saves. Modded, or unmodded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Entersprite

I just came to check if I'm the only one who can't play, but it looks like I'm not alone with my problem...

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Eikester

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Nick_A

26. Urablahblah

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Whiplash141

So are small grid merges fixed yet? Edit: Nope. For real guys?

Also, the new small grid corner LCDs are awful. They are (1) inverted on existing builds, (2) considerably smaller, (3) harder to read, and (4) display less text than the old ones.

All in all, this was a bad change that drastically reduced the usefulness of corner LCDs on small grid.

Also... I'm still waiting for y'all to fix those awful scratched-to-hell armor textures. :D
    (The scratches should scale with the paint color, simple fix)

• Agree Agree x 5
  28. Loues S. Cat

Ummm... so... the text on some of the corner LCDs is now inverted.
    is that how it is meant to be or is it an error?

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. sankti

blargh no crash fixes from 2 months, from this time I dont care about bug reporting, they dont give a shit to check every log :((

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Late Late x 1
  30. ATMLVE

I'm going to keep asking for more tutorials on visual scripting until there actually are some... Was just reading today on a previous update log that special drone functions like strafing and ramming were added, but these actions are only available via visual scripting. How did you expect anyone to be able to use these features?

http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/more-details-on-visual-scripting.7391426/

New oxygen generators look awesome by the way, nice work! I'll have to take a good look through the new API too...

• Agree Agree x 3