Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.172 DEV - ModAPI, Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Small grid sub-grids are still 100% broken when it comes to having more than one piston connected to a single grid, phantom force is still at the point of being unmanageable, shame really, another week goes by without the ability to do any physics engineering.

Oh well, i guess i'll wait till next week...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Except it's not. Change setting from Offline to Private and proceed.

"Totally Unplayable" is not a conclusion you should jump to. A bit of experimentation can usually expose possibilities. It's like saying "This box of cereal is totally inedible" because you never opened the box.

I am totally playing Space Engineers right this second.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

If there's been an adjustment to the placement/hit box for Small turrets, can we hope to see one for Large? I've been dying to recess them for eons now.

See also: Landing Gear. The Wheel Suspension hitbox is loads of fun to embed into designs, and I'd love to have something similar for the Landing Gear if we aren't getting retractable versions anytime soon...

4. Pwneater Trainee Engineer

You mean I have to open the box of cereal? TOTALLY INEDIBLE

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. aerosabe Apprentice Engineer

That's why I don't eat cereal (lie). Totally inedible.
    But seriously. I can't play. The game gives me this message:
    and closes the game window. I go to the site, download the latest driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (win64_153631.4414) and the game still gives me the same message.
    It also leaves the game set as running after it closes the game window, and it doesn't even show up in the Task Manager anymore. I have to restart steam every time I try.
    If I try the latest without filtering for actual graphics card (win64_154512.4552) I get this message:
    EDIT: ok, so I tired clicking cancel in the pop-up and game seems to start fine. So downgraded to annoying false Warning. Pointless in the first place since I recently updated my main graphics card drivers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marty Trainee Engineer

I've been having issues trying to start any of my offline worlds, if i run in private mode it runs fine,
    if i switch to offline mode and start the game it then prompts me to spawn followed by an immediate crash, any assistance
    or hotfix would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Konscience Trainee Engineer

And I was waiting for this update to be stable : / Isn't it 1 stable release every month?
    I guess they need more time for this one...

8. Roma1879 Trainee Engineer

Repair the last wheel! The worst implementation, I have not seen in any game.
    Почините наконец колеса! Худшей реализации, я не видел ни в одной игре.

9. Cetric Junior Engineer

Also expected a stable one this week. However, if it is necessary to pause for one month for keeping the tag 'stable' in the sense of the word, I don't mind waiting another month. It's better than interrupted playability due to 'unstable' + premature updating. See it this way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

I concur. I originally thought I couldn't play it. At all, at least on my planetary worlds; all of my other ones (easy start, etc.) are fine, but switching to Private "fixed" the planetary ones. I'm still genuinely curious as to why Offline is broken...

11. Enigmus Trainee Engineer

So there was no Stable update this month? Can we get one soon?

12. jemccro Apprentice Engineer

I like the ability to pause the game, playing in any mode other than offline disables pausing as far as I am aware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roxette Senior Engineer

Personally, I'd prefer to wait until there's perhaps a slightly less broken version available. Although there was mention of it being fixed on a bug report thread, I've seen nothing in the release notes of any update since the last stable regarding fixing the issue of the blinding light from ghost sun at map centre on multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

small ship gatting turret hitbox fixed!

no longer will my only form of defense smash off something i had good clearance for! :D

15. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Was there an update to stable? I saw today's date in the load screen window. Are they just changing the info and not the build?

16. Greystar Trainee Engineer

What was today's SE update?

17. Roxette Senior Engineer

No, there is no update to stable today, but confusingly the news box on the loading page shows the details of the dev branch with its version number.

18. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

You can lock them, at least it would be flyable
    --- Automerge ---
    I don't know, hopefully the turrets firing at nothingness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nick_A Trainee Engineer

I play in Armageddon mode, thank you very much. The ability to pause is essential to my survival.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. theimmersion Trainee Engineer

The offline crash actually is unplayable for some! I play with lots of my own created mods and since they are local files, local files dont work in any other mode other than offline. So yeah, WOOHOO!
    And ironically, steam workshop is bugged too so i cant upload any of my mods to play in private mode either. GREAT! :p
    So... unplayable. :D :woot: Good Job Keen! :tu:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

It has nothing to do with flyable or not, it's an issue of it literally explodes the second you start to move the piston and I don't know if locking them does anything to fix the phantom forces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. theimmersion Trainee Engineer

Oh, last time i tried it was magically fixed. I actually figured that out yesterday. It worked fine, no tearing anything appart. Which is odd, there was no fix before that unless i didnt notice a hotfix. Since Keen seems to really hate to post hotfix notes. Like we just got a few minutes after this update. What was those 30MB? Anyone know?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Noahdaceo Trainee Engineer

Update the patch notes for the hotfix, and someone update the official wiki! Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Large grid is fine, large grid works more or less as it should, small grids on the other hand are a whole different story.

Which is weird, because i figure the coding would be more or less the same between the two of them, obviously with some minor differences.

25. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

The new corner LCDs are too small. I appreciate wanting them to be compact, but that small you'd have to have your nose pressed right against them to see anything.
    The new corner lights are too rounded. They looked better as flat panels. Yet again, a fairly neutral block that could be used in a wide variety of ways has fallen prey to the over-specificity of redesign.

And yes, merge blocks are still broken. Time to wait another week to work on most of my ships. TBH, I think it's time to buy a new game to pass the time until SE gets fixed.

:(

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. theimmersion Trainee Engineer

The hotfix last night did not fix offline crashing for me. -.-# YEY

27. KingDank Trainee Engineer

the planets, moons, and asteroids are traveling in the same orbit and velocity around the sun. the speed on your H.U.D. represents the speed relative to speed of the planets, etc. in this orbit. it's all relative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Nick_A Trainee Engineer

I have an Nvidia card, but I get the same pop-up. My problem is that I physically cannot update it, as once it gets to that window, it says that my system is incompatible with the updated drivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

After the patch/hotfix, I can no longer fly my small ships. They just won't move. They won't turn, use any thrust, nothing. Short of grinding them down, has anyone else encountered this and found a fix?

• Like Like x 1
  30. Clanner Jake Apprentice Engineer

it broke turrets as well, the lag spikes are more frequent as well, and staying in the menu cripples the game as well. yaye keen, all hail the plan to not do basic tests on commonly used functions.... and its nice to see we get no update as to the fix's supposed cures. turrets are far worse now, they don't respect any ownership at all, even when you reload the server they still bash your gear and they keep firing with the setting "shoot" turned on when you goto them, and red turrets usually fail to fire as well.... this is making me really upset. every time i see an update now, i see smith drilling neo with another round mercilessly.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.