Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.176 DEV - Cutscene Editor

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

The HUD-update probably includes the usual amount of bugfixes and optimizations... but they likely can't just cut the HUD out and release everything else. Which makes me wonder how long that Cutscene Editor has been laying around...

2. NumberR09 Trainee Engineer

*golf clap* Insightful Keen. Bravo.

QFT

3. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

I would hope that with basically them releasing nothing this update the HUD one has a lot more then the usual bug fixes :(

Edit: typo

4. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I guess we'll get the new HUD next week sooo you might get 2 weeks worth of bug fixing in one go next Thursday!
    Not getting anything during a week isn't really a big deal, to be honest. Every time they do something for Survival, Modders or Multiplayer this is basically me:

[​IMG]

Now, considering the visual design lately, i honestly don't mind another week with the current HUD, my weather hen tells me i'm probably not going to like the new one.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Thinking about it now, it would have been nice to get a preview of the new HUD. It would have been good for them to get the community opinion too.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

I don't think they care about the community opinion sadly or they would not do so much against that very opinion. *cough* glass *cough*

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

Perhaps Lense Flares too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

To be fair it took them forever but glass IS scratch free now.

Still smudged and unuseably dark on one side but it's scratch free. They even added the missing 1x1 slope that was missing for literal years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Hello guys,
    just to clarify some things about this update. Reason why there are no bugfixes was because we had to revert entire HUD update at the last moment. Instead we have released stuff that was supposed to go live next week. This includes cutscene editor and fixes or improvements to Visual Scripting + drone AI. As for the lack of proper guides for VS, there is one made by Steinmarder located here. More guides are on the way - about using cutscene editor, more advanced VS and how to use drones.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

This info is much appreciated however if there is these fixes and such can the change log reflect what happened? As far as I see it says cutscene editor and that is all?

11. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Lense Flairs, the terrible Bloom, the rice you're getting thrown in your face at high speeds, giving you motion sickness... honestly the visual art direction has been dropping several balls since forever and if the guy they had on the birthday stream is any indication it's a case of "I know best, screw the players"-attitude.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

Hello Keen

Can I suggest maybe to move to a longer update cycle because I am sure that then you will not be so pressured into trying to come up with content and/or bug fixes every week. Don`t get me wrong some of the update weeks were really good and much appreciated but im sure the community will be alright with waiting longer for updates to give you guys time to have a look at the issues in hand.

An avid space engineer fan

Stu

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Balmung Senior Engineer

Hear on the community opinion and you already lost the game. Ask 100 players and you get 1000 different answers...

Keen has in the past already hear to too much player opinions and that's the reason why we are here where we are now.

The only truth is: this is an unfinished game, but the players want a finished game right NOW and that is impossible.

So all what you player can do are two things: accept how the game is right now and decide if you can life with it right now how it is or lay down the game for the moment and come back later when the game is in a better or in the finished state. And the second on is... of course... crying like a river in the forum...

I decide for me to lay down the game for a while, but as always I will come back, for that I love this game too much to leave it completely (and it also wouldn't make a sense before release).

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Good point, I will update the changelog in a moment. I just need to get to the full list.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  15. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Cut-scene editor... generating content that's bugged to hell with a cool cut-scene in the middle of it will make a big difference. Klang is reigns for another week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

The Space Debris (stuff you see above 10m/s) doesn't bother me. Its useful to see my current direction where there is no point of reference during turns or direction changes. I would like a display that shows your current direction relative to the control seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Changelog has been updated with more detailed info on what has been changed.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Llessur Apprentice Engineer

Thank you this is much appreciated! I dont suppose you have any info to share with us regarding some of the progress on the major bugs people are having? Maybe you guys throw together a blog post or Q and A or something?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Jeez, im just now starting to get the hang of the visual scripting tool and you guys add in another tool? Great, there go my weekends. Need to try to figure this thing out now too :p:D

Anyways, kudos on the update. I hope the new HUD is worth the extra wait.

Side note, are you guys still testing and fixing bugs with the Visual scripting tool? I've found at least two (one may be my own stupidity, needs more testing) The state my current project is in allows me to omit the non-working parts for now but i will need them or a workaround if i intend to release it.
    ^ Ignore this, i didnt pay attention completely to the changelog ^

Also, can we PLEASE get a sub forum for the Visual Scripting Tool? I've discovered and figured out many things out that could be helpful to others but there is no real way of sharing it or asking questions on parts I'm stuck on. A good part of my scripts relies on me cannibalising specific parts of the official campaign to get things to work a certain way. Granted I've learned a lot from pulling those pieces out but other people may not have the time to do that. A centralized place where people can go to ask questions or post information would be extremely helpful.

Regardless, keep up the awesome work! ;)

20. Ollis Trainee Engineer

Is it a mod I am using or did the Productivity and Effectiveness Upgrade Modules get renamed? As I now have a Yield and Speed Module, but no Productivity and Effectiveness ones, in my assembler page / menu. They where normal yesterday...

21. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Just checked the new nodes and the faction ones that were added are very helpful. Couldn't find any of the other new ones but i don't use those node types as much. :)

22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

For once the spawn of satan is innocent; they have indeed silently been renamed. Considering the original names were dreadfully similar i have no issue with that, i just wish they had given them a "hidden" second name tag with the originals so that people could find them in the Search Bar using the familiar names. I do approve of the change though.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  23. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

Maybe they changed it to avoid confusion? I always had to take a minute to figure out which one did what

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Drakon Apprentice Engineer

Sub forum for VS and cutscenes would be definitely nice. We can take a look on it next week.

Hah, I missed that in the changes. Yes, their names were changed so it is more clear what they are actually doing. Productivity -> speed, Effectiveness -> Yield.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Ollis Trainee Engineer

@Commander Rotal and 666Savior; Oh good it is not just me. :p @Drakon I kinda guessed that :tu:
    Found some at least one other neat little thing, UI now show who built a block, when holding wielder; and I assume grinder, as I have not tried a grinder.

• Late Late x 1
  26. 666Savior Apprentice Engineer

^this

makes me do this:
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]

------Edit-----

The amount of awesome reaction gifs i found is amazing

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. -=Ripps=- Trainee Engineer

Honestly... i hate to say this because i could be 100% wrong... but if your refering to the dev menu to disable flares...
    You are forgetting thats a global change... IE it will remove flares on your nice shiney new thruster effects too :( :( :(

What you want is for them to basically add an option to remove flares specificly from the sun, presumably from the main menu graphics options... I dont pretend to know how it works code wise but i'm guessing theres a lot of work to be done first.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. ATMLVE Apprentice Engineer

Indeed, I was asking for more guides on visual scripting for a while, and I was ignored for quite a long time, until Valentines day (<3) Keen finally provided a new guide, which is quite honestly pretty helpful, and to hear that more are on the way is awesome.

As for a sub forum for visual scripting, that is an absolutely great idea, please get that going now!

Also, about the four campaigns that are in the workshop, visual scripting doesn't even work right with it yet, you have to put it in the right folder or something.

29. Ollis Trainee Engineer

As for sun flares / glares whatever, they do not bother me to much as I have more important thangs to do in game other then to star in to the sun. Beside if you ever watched Seinfeld then you know why you should not stare at wem.... the sun ya that is what I was saying... :words:

30. Concave Trainee Engineer

Is there a way to parse a list of camera waypoints? I've got several placed that I need to return to to reorient or rename, and I don't know how to find them out in space.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.