Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.176 DEV - Cutscene Editor

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

80% of early access games release a 1.0 version when it is anything but complete/bug free or what they promised.
    SE is not in version 1.0 yet and the game is not finished, why does everyone think it is finished? They will continue to add features and fix bugs for a lot longer, until it is finished.

2. Sykel Trainee Engineer

The game is so great that people are afraid that something or someone can ruin everything.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

You can't keep a game in "Early Access" or "Beta" forever. There is an expectation that eventually all of the features to make the game complete will be finished and after several rounds of bug fixing and play testing the game will be release. More features and bug fixes can be done at this point, hell you could even charge for them as add-ons if you feel they are adding enough new content to the game.

What we are currently seeing is more and more new features and bugs with no real end goal in sight (for us, I'm sure someone at Keen has a project plan).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Virtualmagic73 Apprentice Engineer

Beta means "Feature Final"... Normally... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

Drui is online

6. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

This game will probably never be feature final

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Apsyc Apprentice Engineer

There are no "dislikes." There are "disagrees" that people incorrectly use as "dislikes."

Then you should have waited until full release ???

That's a horrible comparison. Emergency medical treatment is supposed to be quick. Game development is not. You all seem to forget or are flat-out ignorant of the fact that nearly everything that gets implemented, including bug fixes, is in progress and planned out weeks or even months ahead of time. If it's difficult to do or is not a high priority, it doesn't happen right away. If you're so sure that the broken bits are so easy to fix, why not head over to the Git and fix it yourself?
    I feel like posts complaining about the rate at which things get done should require a scan of your degree and resume so that we can all see that you know what you're talking about.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

confused. explain then how people incorrectly disliked a shiny colorful feature instead of getting bug fixes they were hoping for?

9. Apsyc Apprentice Engineer

Okay, wow. I didn't expect to give a vocabulary lesson but since you asked, here it goes. And just a heads up, this is going to come across as being really abrasive because I really shouldn't have to explain this.

That nice red "X" button under the post? That's a "Disagree" button (if you don't believe me, just hover over it). So to use it as a "Dislike" button is incorrect, because "disagree" and "dislike" are not the same thing. And if you don't believe me about that, here are the definitions for disagree and dislike. While you can both dislike and disagree with something, they are two separate concepts that are not interchangeable. Now granted, Dwarf may have been referring to typed replies when he said
    I feel it was pretty clear that he was referring to the ratings on the original post.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. PLPM Junior Engineer

Correct. But what if I outright disagree with the update?

What if I disagree with the direction the updates are going and how they´re shaping/or not the game?

That´s how I´ve come to see the "disagree" button in updates.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

I disagree with you <3

12. Cetric Junior Engineer

It has been declared 'ruined' a thousand times by people who consider themselves 'big names' here. You see, the thing is still alive and kicking. Despite all negativism. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. JamesG Trainee Engineer

You're right, of course.

Except for all the OTHER things people are complaining about which you generously did not mention specifically.

Including issues that were causing trouble those many moons ago when last I actually played the game.

Still causing trouble. Exploding parts, major multiplayer issues, squirrely behavior of features long since added to a game whose bugs even then were going unfixed in favor of the new stuff.

I watched as the game went from playable to annoying to almost unplayable. It's playable yet, but barely, for anyone willing to shrug and shake his head at the game's misbehaviors. I was thus for quite some time.

But again and again and again the updates didn't address real issues, added features that were themselves buggy (sometimes very seriously so), and I was told just one damn time too many to shut up when I questioned the choices of the developers. Some of those choices were beyond bizarre. Even when they responded to bugfix demands with actual non-buggy fixes, it was simply stunning how long it took.

The accumulated in-game frustrations were certainly enough to eventually make me decide to spend my time otherwise. There are just too many good products out there as points of comparison. But I might have lasted a lot longer if I and some others weren't told to quit speaking our minds.

You'll forgive me if I regard your explanation -- in light of its glaring omissions -- as a gentle form of hush. I get it. No one really wants to hear the criticisms. I'm not a fan of habitual critics myself. I know they usually don't mean well. But sometimes, sometimes... things just need to be said. The elephant in the room as it were.

I'll be back. I will honestly look for good news and I'll be willing to acknowledge it if I see it. The good news won't be new features. It will be seeing things actually fixed that have been asked and expected by the game's supporters -- and sometimes promised to them -- for a great many months. Beginning now to stretch into years.

This game's concepts and design are truly wonderful, a whole universe of potential. I really do hope it becomes a product.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sykel Trainee Engineer

It's true, i think the negativism is not necessary and is not constructive. It makes no sense that Keen can give up the game in these conditions forever. The game is their lifeblood, economically speaking, i'm sure they will do anything to make him reach his full potential. Only a question of time and hard work

15. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

16. Apsyc Apprentice Engineer

Okay that's fine. You're entitled to do so. Fox News does that all of the time :D

17. PLPM Junior Engineer

@Cetric, I´d like to know what´s the most complex thing you´ve made in SE, or the one you´re the proudest.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.