Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.176 DEV - Delayed

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    333
    The closest thing I can think of off the top of my head for that is KSP!
     
  2. Konscience Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    54
    That would be great, I dunno what are the real limitation of the map tho...
     
  3. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    123
    [​IMG]
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    377
    More like a real solar system, and then a whole galaxy
     
  5. Iceh4cker Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    50
    Maybe the pic from their post is a clue? ???

    Perhaps more stability for rotors, pistons and wheels?
     
  6. Tonkah Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    38
    @Keen Thanks for the heads-up. I do look forward to Thursday updates, but I can wait till tomorrow.

    @EveryoneElse It's kind of hypocritical for me to say, but don't get your hopes up too high :) 80% chance of git merge conflicts, 20% chance of new awesome feature they're trying to squeeze in.

    It is technically still "Early Access"... albeit for years now, which means they've overstayed their welcome in that category. Fortunately, they still have a massive amount potential. Check back in about 6 months and it should be much more playable™.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Harrekin Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,077
    Zen...

    I assume you mean AMD's latest attempt at their same old formula...again?

    When will they learn they can't just add more cores and hope for the best?
     
  8. mhalpern Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    2,119
    There is so much Clang in that picture, its clangtastic...
     
  9. Harrekin Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,077
    I assume if it's moving you'd have to make sure nothing gets "in the way".

    But you could have it outright delete objects that get too close, like they do (used to do?) inside planets.
     
  10. druppi Apprentice Engineer

    Messages:
    179
    probably the new HUD
     
  11. odizzido Junior Engineer

    Messages:
    674
    I am not sure what you mean exactly. They were always pretty decent in single threaded performance until they rolled out the construction cores. If anything they've returned to their same old with Zen.

    If you're expecting another incremental improvement on bulldozer you're in for a surprise.
     
  12. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    2,227
    tfw your love of se is slowly dying in the forums..................

    oh well patience i guess.
    the weekly updates have always been a nice high point of the week. :)
     
  13. Echillion Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    1,334
    Nice Axles of Clang pic! Don't tell me! Your replacing the wheels?
     
  14. Harrekin Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,077
    I hope you're right, but all Ive seen so far is "add more cores and hope it impresses people" with some temperature limited overclocking...

    Cinebench is only fun temporarily ;)
     
  15. odizzido Junior Engineer

    Messages:
    674
    Nda lifts on the 28th so we won't need to wait much longer to see. At least for their 8 core 16 thread parts. 6/4c parts are coming in q2 apparently.

    They won't beat intel in single threaded performance but they should be pretty close. Where they will win is price. Intel dedicates a huge amount of area to their igpu which adds significant cost. AMD is nothing but cpu from what I've seen so far.
     
  16. NumberR09 Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    8
    Every time I boot up SE I'm greeted with a beta banner, so it's only being treated as EA. False labels.. Which leads me to further conclusions about what Keen says in these notes and such. Doesn't look promising. But I will heed your advice and check back in around August. Until then Keen will have to be content with my unrecommended status on Steam.

    Between this and KSP, I'm not sure which dev team is more poorly mismanaged. Either way, two of my favorite games have overlooked player recommendations in favor of their own ideals. Beta or no, a community driven game that ignores it's player base is doomed. I agree with the potential of SE, of KSP too, but all I see is each squandering the opportunity to be something great rather than 'haz potential'.

    Thanks bud. :tu:
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. odizzido Junior Engineer

    Messages:
    674
    Meh I say keep checking back once in a while until they've stopped development. Until then the game isn't finished.
     
  18. Malware Master Engineer

    Messages:
    9,724
    Early access means you have access before gold release. Beta is still before gold release ergo Early Access is still correct: There's no false labels here. Steam has plenty of early access games in beta, search it up if you don't believe me.

    The entire game is community designed; that's one of its problems. There's hardly any aspect of the game that hasn't been asked for by the community.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    2,227

    imagine when it is.
    the ability to mod without it most likely breaking or turning purple with each week.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. KissSh0t Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,689
    First for everything I guess..

    While we all wait... everyone should watch the anime "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon"... it is awesome..
     
  21. NumberR09 Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    8
    I won't argue semantics, but it appears to me that there is an outcry for Keen to stop doing what they're doing and backup for damage control (bug fixing). Keen should really listen. I'm not in any group asking for content, I'm in the group demanding a less buggy experience. I'm far too new here to make demands for content. Sorry if my complaint was unclear.
     
  22. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    2,227
    as long as it isn't some crappy anime about little girls in war dodging bullets or something fighting soliders or generic harlam anime X girls 1 guy or something....
    its got maid dragon in its title so...........welp lets just see....how bad could it be right? this is the internet after all.
     
  23. Harrekin Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,077
    Is that a good direction to go though?

    I like having a backup should the "blue smoke" escape my GPU (if that smoke gets out the hardware is done, it like, powers the chips...science).
     
  24. odizzido Junior Engineer

    Messages:
    674
    That's why I stopped working on my scenario. I don't see the point in working on something that's going to be in a constant state of breaking. I am looking forward to when everything is complete, whenever that may be.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Malware Master Engineer

    Messages:
    9,724
    They're doing bugfixing every single update tho. However they're also optimizing and threading it; both which are quite prone to add new bugs. Optimizing is the process of simplifying algorithms by making assumptions about the environment. Unfortunately that's quite difficult and can go wrong. Multithreading is well known to be one of the most difficult aspects of software engineering, period. Things will get worse before they get better, that's just the lay of the land - but things will run faster. So yeah, if you can't deal with that (which I don't find unreasonable) you're better off waiting.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. odizzido Junior Engineer

    Messages:
    674
    For me the answer is 100% yes. I don't like paying for something I never use. I'd rather put the extra money into a better real gpu.
     
  27. KissSh0t Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,689
     
  28. Harrekin Master Engineer

    Messages:
    3,077
    I want EVERYTHING.

    :D
     
  29. jgpurty@icloud.com Trainee Engineer

    Messages:
    4
    Well, you better go at night or you will burn up!
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Dwarf-Lord Pangolin Senior Engineer

    Messages:
    2,597
    And then blow it up.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.