Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.177 DEV - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. viper312005 Trainee Engineer

Here it is....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871464450&searchtext=merge+block+fix

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

As far as the HUD goes... I hope they move the altimeter AWAY from the cross-hairs. Having the information is good. Having it pasted over whatever I'm flying towards is not. If it were on the side of the horizon bar that would make more sense. But dead center means I can't see distant objects without shutting off the artificial horizon.

3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

The Tapping is loading. This is not a drill. They fixed the Tapping. The Tapping works.

[​IMG]

(....with 10 FPS not moving, and 6 FPS and 0.3-4 SimSpeed when trying to "accellerate", but hey, rocksolid 1.0 SimSpeed when motionless. Her older sister had it worse.)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Harrekin Master Engineer

I'll load it up soon and give an FPS report from my end, I think it was 20fps I reported to you last time?

Is it still the one on the workshop from ages ago?

5. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Yes, i recommend the World Upload for ease of use.

6. Daerqueside Trainee Engineer

Is anyone else noticing that batteries are not discharging properly since this update?

7. Goldobsidian Apprentice Engineer

Batteries and solar panels seem to be just as messed up as they have been. I built 1 battery on a grid with solar power enough to run a refinery and assembler at the same time and set it to recharge. Its not recharging, says its depleted in 0 seconds, outputting 428.91KW, but the stored power is holding steady at 2.5MW.

I built a second battery on another grid and it seemed to work just fine with out any issues, although the grids have different power set ups they are fundimentally the same. Reactor, Solar panel, Batteries.

I also dont know if its a bug or not but I switched from stable to dev mode and every indicator light is now either black or white, a majority are white.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Daerqueside Trainee Engineer

Hm...I'll do a few experiments with various power configurations and see what turns up. Thanks for the response. :)

9. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

It might be worth noting that one of the new load screen messages states that batteries will behave normally if no boxes are checked. I usually play in creative so "normal" behavior for batteries is irrelevant, but the urge to check "semi-auto" is hard to resist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daerqueside Trainee Engineer

Ahhh, I missed that. Thanks for that. Yeah, 'semi-auto' is how I normally set mine up using 3 banks of batteries so that there's one always charging, one discharging, and one that fills the gap between the first two. I'll definitely give that a try as I don't generally play in creative.

Thanks!

11. GDI-BOSS Trainee Engineer

When fix the weels??its impossible drive it,make crazy when you drive vehicles

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. McVoy Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Haven't played SE in months.
    Over all - wheels and lens flare and little things aside - the game is remarkably improved. Never thought I would see other Engineers walking around building and repairing - while underway at full speed.
    Personally; I'm goddamn impressed.
    Just wanted you to know that.
    Thanks KEEN :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

100% agreed! And people keep whining that the game does not improve and is going nowhere. It has its problems, and most of them should be easy to fix (timers resetting their sliders, merge block attachment points) but people keep forgetting that keen is trying to get the elephant out of the room. I was in a world with xocliw and 14 others, standing and building on a ship while flying out of a planets gravity at maximum speed, and had no problems. Most cases of clang are the users fault anyways. what do you expect when you create tensions that would snap a skyscraper apart? (Even though MP clang can be pretty strong at times, but i remember times when just a rotor or a landing gear caused havoc instantly. Most of those problems are fixed now)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

What do you think should happen to a wheel (and suspension) mounted on a piston that is hinged in real life? Someone might for example use such an arrangement to extend and retract landing gear on an aircraft...without the ducking landing gear exploding or that landing gear somehow creating enough torque on it's own to move a 400 ton aircraft.

Most of the problems with rotors, pistons etc are NOT fixed, players have simply stopped using them in their creations. That is NOT a fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Bruce LeedleLeedleLeedleLee Junior Engineer

my point is that people often dont know the way to use them. i use rotors and pistons a lot, the main problem is that clang is often just created by not knowing the hitboxes, or just pushing some meganewtons into a sheet of metal. It's not intuitive and that 'Münchhausen'/Trolldrive should also not be a thing, but the regular old clang of a perfectly fine contraption spazzing out has gone rare these days

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I'm quite inclined to agree with Robert on this one, while the rotors and pistons aren't the most intuitive things in the world, they do mostly work (except for most cases of merged piston heads......Q~Q) are you aware that the default offset of rotors is not considered to be a "zero offset"? When you daisy chain grids without fixing the offsets you generate phantom forces that are the mysterious turning of a 400 tonne ship.

While it should be fixed by Keen, in the mean time you can typically avoid some of the frustration by paying attention to your builds.

Typically offsets on grids to be zero are:

-40 cm on large, and +8 mm on small. It's weird and pointless but that's what you have to work with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If the default height offsets were fully extended, that might help the issue with rotors.

It all goes to hell in multiplayer though. If you have a grid with rotors/pistons and two players near them, strange things happen... especially on planets.
    --- Automerge ---
    Finally, Rotal can Tap that.

19. Arid Trainee Engineer

Hm, prepare F5ing

20. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

An update but no changelog? KEEEEEN is afoot...

21. Tau Trainee Engineer

Compensating for something?

22. Kephyr Apprentice Engineer

So what's the last word on the welders? I've been away from the game for some time now so wouldn't be able to check the changes for myself. Last I remember is they had a radius of 5 blocks, or 3 blocks away from the tip of the block. Where is it now?

23. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

It was improved, don't know the hard numbers thougg but the sphere of influence has been increased.

24. Carthbet Trainee Engineer

Xocliw. Your Face Expressions are getting Better. Just LOVE IT matey.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.