Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.179.2 Minor - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DopePope Trainee Engineer

cant wait till next update where they fix batteries and give us back sinking ships

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. noname42 Trainee Engineer

no tank tracks, these were the physics boundaries of wheels, which now are cylindrical and not spherical anymore (which probably fixes the sideway wheels exploit)

3. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

Did... did you not see the wireframe marks left on the ground? Just watch whenever the vehicle turns, you can see them quite clearly!
    Definitely no mention of tank tracks, either.

4. Konscience Trainee Engineer

Wow, I was waiting for theses days to come,
    Not only wheels will get fixes, but
    This is the best, I mean I was trying to build my MAZ-543 for ages, but couldn't because taking a turn would smash the spherical hitbox into the hull...

KSH I love you!

5. heartlessdeath Trainee Engineer

Did no one else notice that he said "shit dampeners"? YouTube subtitles confirm it.

With that being said...
    Shit Dampeners are required for the proper functioning of the poop deck. It's appropriate that keen would fix them otherwise the game could quickly get messy.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. damoran Junior Engineer

Nice bug fixes. Those wheel updates look solid. Finally seem to be tightening this ship up a bit.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication Keen!

7. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I'm pretty sure that was just debug related graphics, it could be acting as the low poly version of tire tracks to come... It could be anything, but I very much doubt it's tracks (as much as I would love to have tracks....)

8. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I hope you're right, man. As much fun as I've been having tinkering with the settings there's no way to have the steering account for the radius of the turn you're making, taking into account the size of the vehicle. Flips are nearly unavoidable at any speed worth pursuing. My advice has always been "go slower," but now that may (hopefully) not be true.

Not crazy about going from spherical to cylindrical as it would remove some options but, if it will encourage more people to use wheels instead of making flying miners and such I'm all for it.

Maybe I'll even put wheels back in the terrestrial mining facility in the signature picture below...

heh

9. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Oh, the teaser was about wheels? I thought it was teasing the return of the old HUD.

No I didn't. I couldn't help myself. I'll go away quietly again. I like the new HUD.

10. midspace Senior Engineer

Mmmmm tire tread marks, but no thruster scorch marks or atmospheric contrails!?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DarkS33d Apprentice Engineer

The teaser is in debug view. Those aren't tire tread marks but just a visualization of tire turning radius. So don't get too excited or disappointed just yet. I'm sure this will be stated a hundred more times in this thread.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BloodThunder Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to see more bug fixes coming in, as that's really what the game needs.

Along that vein, several friends of mine and i all experience CTD when loading medbays in DS. I've tried with and without mods, and same result. It seems fairly random as to which medbays do it. This only just started a few weeks ago, when the new UI was introduced. PLEASE review this bug, guys. This bug is literally going to kill me. All I want to do is log in and grab my ship blueprints, and i can't even do that.

Does anyone else experience this?

Keep up the good work, Keen!

13. G4mer4ddict Trainee Engineer

Well you guys wanted ladders ...... now you have ..... wheel ladders.... see keen is keeping everyone happy! BTW purchased the deluxe upgrade as i want to support this game as far as it can go!

14. odizzido Junior Engineer

Nice update :)

15. gchristopher Apprentice Engineer

I'm excited to see any multiplayer improvements!

Phantom forces on connectors after jumping, and regular desynchs where ships bounce around positions (visually leaving things like cockpits, LCDs and drill heads behind) are continual problems in MP, and with relogging being such a slow process, it's hard having that be the only solution to many problems.

16. rexxar Senior Engineer

We also fixed the issue where dedicated servers would corrupt certain mods when updating, causing blocks to vanish from your world.

It was actually fixed a few weeks ago, but I wanted to see the fix in the wild before announcing anything ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Protocol005 Trainee Engineer

I haven't tested this since the beta launch and now this bug is even worse. Steps to reproduce without fail:

1) build shuttle with door. get in and park inside a carrier ship. lock landing gear
    2) jump carrier ship to new location
    3) observe the door on the shuttle EXPLODE MASSIVLY! possibly ripping a hole in the hull of the carrier ship

Old behavior: carrier ship would spaz out.
    Work around: install a rotor and set hot bar to lock/unlock it's safety thus stabilizing the ship when mass is recalculated.

New behavior: Doors on smaller ship blow the fook up epicly like gyros.
    Work around: None. Your ship is Rekt.

Darth Vader would not be happy to know his transport ships are blowing up when they come out of warp.

Also in terms of models.
    1) Take a look at the center point of the projector's projection. It wobbles ever so slightly when it spins. it's most notable on symmetrical objects (edit: as it turns out it seems the center of the large reactor is slightly off. which is causing the wobbling)

2) when building in creative mode if you have a projector active on a ship and you try to place a rotor on the grid the rotor will not have a head. you have to then add the head manually. untested in survival

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  18. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Sideway wheel exploit?

19. Arcturus Senior Engineer

1. They did something with wheels, but it isn't clear what all changed. Some debug mode visualizations are active in the teaser.

2. The old HUD is because the Wheels branch/fork is several versions/updates old, and doesn't include the new HUD or other fixes in/since the HUD update. So when they do go to update major 01.180, they need to be careful with file overwrites to avoid raising zombie bugs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. KissSh0t Master Engineer

@Xocliw Throwing down words of wisdom each week with this week's being the most profound.... lots of space in space.. Everyone watching the video = [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Looks interesting. Need to review the video when I am back home on a proper sized screen. Can't really see it properly on mobile. I really hope we have proper cylindrical collision models for wheels. I know why they didn't before.....and fixing that means someone has put in a lot of work somewhere. Would also be nice to have recalling effects on terrain....just saying

22. EldidiStroyrr Trainee Engineer

Nice update! But, what I wanna see are the ability to 'pulse' thrusters. Like, have them output 5x output for half a second, then stop working/slow down for a few seconds. It's make dogfights even better if you could 'airdash' in any particular direction.

23. starmindfr Apprentice Engineer

sadly this "ship slowly falling" fix didnt apply to rotors extra weight on ships + gravity ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Morningdude Trainee Engineer

Anyone else having an issue where turrets won't lock on to shit at all, unless you set it to shoot moving objects? it seems to just be vanilla turrets....

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Thrak Apprentice Engineer

Yes! I have brought this up in a few update threads now.

Still waiting for someone from Keen to tell us if this is the new "normal" or not.

26. Digi Senior Engineer

There were no blocks. Those were the item models, which are already in the game.

27. Jonathan_777 Trainee Engineer

If this is a wheels physics fix then that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo111111111111ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 11111111111111111111111111111111
    Yes that is SO with an S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SoOooooo Cooo0o0o0ooooooollllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L!LLLL!L!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!L!L!L!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!||!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YES! Working wheels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Been waiting so long for these wheels to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE the new HUD !!!!!!!! I did JAM HARD TonighT ! Did fly without shit dampeners for the first time and it was legit.

BIG problem on PC is that keyboards with pressure sensitive keys never become popular Bcoz that would help my bunny hopping substantially.

LEGIT game 4real guys at Keen ! ! !

Sure the bugs have outgrown their uncles but this game is the only one that is called Space Engineers, it has its own feel to it that just "is" my flavour.
    Few games have ever caused me to spend this much on pc parts. In the end - it was worth it!

Happy coding.

For those of you who think coding is like building one car and accounting for all the various parts used, think again, at times it can be as difficult as trying to phone E.T using a 3310 and trying to teach him sign language over the phone so that he can communicate with the ouens watching through the telescope on the other side of the planet to send help your way, while they are experiencing power failures. You ain't gana make it in that case. So two choices.. Figure it out or keep trying till you figure it out. or get a UPS. Coz not making it is not a choice.

So what do you do? You have a nice day.

Playing SE that is.

/----RIG----\___ ____________________________________________________________
    | _____ | | | 2500K 4.5Ghz |
    | |X-|-X| | | | V6 -Blue LED- push pull at 60% running 55-65'C under full load |
    | '""""""' | | | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X -Fan's chill off most of the time. -Some Red. |
    | | | | It is, quiet enough. -The V6 |
    | | / | 24GB Ram -DDR3 1600 Gskills yea Green LED |
    | (0) | / | 250 SSD -Samsung EVO750 |
    | |/ | Corsair tempered RX460 case with 3x Corsair RGB LED Fans :D |
    '~---------~' |______Loading..._____________________________________________|
    || || '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''| ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

• Like Like x 1
  28. Bumber Senior Engineer

My landing gears seem to disconnect (while remaining locked) whenever I load my save. At least I haven't had any explosions yet.

29. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

I'm curious if new wheel physics will change possibility to place wheel suspension block next to each other, making impression of trucks. Now one wheel slipping to each other and it's possible to create nice super ground gripping some called trucks. I've been working for couple of weeks on vehicle using this exploit, so far best land vehicle 0.5-1KT ever created by me if it comes to rough terrain/angle of hill incursion/power efficiency. I would rather to see real trucks, but this exploit gives lot of new possibilities, would be a shame to not be able to build something like super fast and grippy tank.

Btw, nice update, would be great if sub grids was considered if it comes to interia dampeners. Keep up a good fight people!

30. Arcturus Senior Engineer

It is a bug. See my comment on someone else's bug report about the cause, here: https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...causes-a-failure-to-fire-on-hostiles.7394083/

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.