Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.60 - No Asteroids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MrHohenheim, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

i created new survival world (dedicated server) and no longer creating asteroids if i set 20 i see 0, and i have experience at multiplayer servers this the first time no longer creating asteroids at multiplayer

edit:

Same to singleplayer custom survival worlds no asteroids

and yeah i know and sorry my englis not the best....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
  2. Angel89 Trainee Engineer

3. Boas Trainee Engineer

Well that goes for updatet servers aswell... :confused:

4. ZigzaGoop Trainee Engineer

I've also noticed no asteroids in my Dedi Server world. I thought I fucked something up but glad to see it's not only me.

5. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

Asteroids are missing in my DS world too.
    They are still there serverside but not transmitted to the client side since I crashed my ship into an invisible object roughly where the asteroid field is meant to be.

6. ozarkamax Junior Engineer

all 257 asteroids on my dedi server are missing. confirmed. lol ... those took some effort to place.

7. ozarkamax Junior Engineer

this is true for new worlds created through the client UI as well. the 'asteroids' map type spawns no asteroids.

8. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

WHAT THE FU_ _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    DID YOU FUC _ K _ Rs CLICK ON PLAY BUTTON BEFORE RELEASE A FU_ K 1 WEEK PATCH ???

I prefere upadate every 2 weeks if you guys starting test you patchs.

Remimber for mine self.

NEVER UPDATE SPACE ENGINEERS ASAP !!!

Every update in the last 3 weeks was every time a complete DISSASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

Yes I already learned that the hard way last week after their "bugfixing" patch. Keen has totaly lost my trust in code quality and their management.
    They should at least give the players a way to "downgrade", just like in minecraft. Because of this no of the over 1 million players they already got are able to play on Dedicated servers.
    I turned off auto update for my server and will only update it after at least 24hours of any patch. And then also only if no game breaking bugs are reported.

As said before: In my years as a programmer I have never seen a company being able to release such bad patches and get away with it. Any programmer in any company I know, that would release such bad code on a weekly basis would get fired asap

10. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

if everyone turn off the auto update how we find the bugs hm?

11. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

Mine too, i will tell mine players to do the same, to disable the auto-update to avoid this in the future.
    Can some one copy the game before patch and post the link for me ? Or pm me ?

12. Conradian Moderator

*sighs, calls to some other person over his shoulder*
    "WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!"

13. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

Well, my server is offline until the asteroid issue can be addressed. My DS has no asteroids.

14. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

The small bugs that need more people to find we can, but those huge bug that even a monkey can find, i think they can just click on play button before release. ;)

15. sedygrizly Trainee Engineer

Oh my... im just not able to imagine what next update brings. No lights, delete all ownership, cant create ships, what worser u can imagine. And now keen brings up invisible asteroids (my friend reported me asteroid still there, just not visible..i dont even launch game, no sense to do it first days after patch).
    Really interesting it is about fifth time when update brings clear gamebreaking bug. Im really curious how testing (if any) is done.

16. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

Holy cow-- relax!

I've just loaded up my SP creative world and seen that the asteroids ARE present, even if they are a little slow to show up when the map first loads. So it's not happening to everybody.

What I haven't seen any of you do is post anything like a log, or a published world, or even list what mods you're running. You know, stuff that they ask for when they go to fix a bug.

So how about you go try that? How about you try to be part of the solution?

17. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

Same here i will try to make a brand new server from 0 to see if the asteroids bugs only apply to old map version or if is more critical.

18. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

And do you know the wost part?
    They will only fix this tomorow ;(

19. InanZen Trainee Engineer

Confirmed, all the asteroids (except custom large planets) are gone.
    Also SEExtender shows 0 entites in the list.

20. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

@Conradian, how can you defend such a philosophy?

They have over 1 million sold copies, which means 1 million players experience their "bugfixing" patches every week and can't play. Also the "early acess" and "alpha" title is just no excuse to release such faulty code on a weekly basis. All they had to do to find 90% of the game breaking bugs is to fire up Space Engineers, test 5 minutes of gameplay in single player, and in multiplayer in creative and survival. That would have been 20 minutes of testing to find 90% of the game breaking bugs...

There are a lot of other "Early Access" and "Alpha" games out there. But none of them manages to screw that much up all the time. As I said "Early Access" and "Alpha" do not mean that we should except a bugfest. Instead there should not be everything implemented yet. What they do is just beyond everything a normal software company finds acceptable.

And this keeps happening week after week and I keep repeating myself week after week, but it does not get better... Also have you seen the newletter a few weeks ago, that they are going retail? Yes they are going RETAIL!!! with this crap. How do you think the masses will react to such patches and poor coding? Yes the reputation of beloved Keen will reach 0 in no time.

Don't get me wrong, I love SE and I did put so much effort into my server. Seeing that the publisher f*cks it up every week just makes this personal. I don't care if something like this happens 2 or 3 times in a half year, as it is still in alpha. But this is just beyond anything that is considered normal, and it does not change...

21. Conradian Moderator

Can you start the game? Can you get into a game from the menus? You can play the game.
    There are no game-breaking bugs in this patch that we have seen. If you think no asteroids is game-breaking, you don't understand what game-breaking means.
    I don't think I've ever seen any other game that even tries to update this frequently. Find me a game that updates weekly and I'll consider this point.
    P.s. If I'm thinking correctly I believe Starbound does something where people can test certain dev builds that come out weekly... They're often broken just like SE.
    Yes, they have released a boxed version of the game that says in very big letters on the case exactly what the consumer is buying into. If they don't read, then they will come here and b**** and get the exact same treatment anyone else who doesn't read will get.
    Personal? Oh dear you're taking a bit too much to heart. As I said before, no other game I know updates the game so frequently and reliably therefore no comparison is really valid.
    If you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Take a break and come back later.

22. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed.
    1- New Dedicated map server come with 0 asteroids
    2- New Private single player game come with 0 asteroids.
    3- Asteroids have been removed from the game.

So... No Space engineers till Xmas :D:D:D Happy Xmas gift.

23. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

Well then, please enlighten me how you define "game breaking"?

In my eyes the frequency of updating a software does not say anything about it's quality. They should stop releasing patches so often and release them only when the code has been tested to find the obvious bugs, like this asteroid bug.

24. Nicolas399 Trainee Engineer

Hello everyone, same problem for me :

When I launch my world on my computer the asteroids are here.

But when I re-upload it to my dedicated server I can't see asteroids, they are all gone.

On the dedicated server the world size use to be 16 mB, now it's 600 kB.
    It's seem server is not loading the asteroid.

The world is fine, not corrupted, no problem in single player on my computer (only the problem with small landing gear (can't create new ship, but this is another thing...))

Hope it will be fixed soon ^^

25. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Conradian: Can you start the game? Can you get into a game from the menus? You can play the game.
    There are no game-breaking bugs in this patch that we have seen. If you think no asteroids is game-breaking, you don't understand what game-breaking means.

erm... right'o then.

26. Conradian Moderator

No offence but didn't you read?
    Can you start the game? Can you get into the game from the menus? If the answer to either of those is no THEN the game is broken.
    Also SyKo... Learn how to quote.

27. .pho Trainee Engineer

I'm playing since approx ONE MONTH, in that time the devs "dont even run the game before you release it" caused the following game breaking bugs:

1. Assemblers disabled for ONE WEEK
    2. Lights turned off for TWO WEEKS
    3. Massive ownership loss all games without backup GOT TO CREATE A NEW MAP
    4. Asteroids gone until those crappy devs do something but we probably got to wait ONE WEEK at least
    Im getting wasted of this game, really, cant the devs understand we don't care if they doesent update the game every thursday ? Even if almost every update broke DS for one week
    Concerning the kid who is going to quote me and say "we are the testers, its an early access game" i will answer that if they keep on that way, keenswh are going to lose its reputation and most of the players

28. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

No thanks, i'll learn to quote when the pasron af wihc am repping ot ist nicht ein retarde

Edit: oh nevermind that was easy, now just because an application opens it does not mean it works.

Edit: i must apologise, i was wrong in saying it was broken,when its only 50% broken.

Edit: although now that i ponder about it, broken is broken.

29. ZigzaGoop Trainee Engineer

Creative still works... Let's call it 50% broken.

30. SyKo232 Trainee Engineer

Deal.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.