Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.60 - No Asteroids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MrHohenheim, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

No offense but have you ever heard of something that is called different opinion?

The definition of gamebreaking as I know it goes as following:
    You are taking the literal meaning of game breaking, sometimes you just have to accept that a language is far more complicated than just a fixed set of grammar rules, literal meanings.

2. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

"Oh my god they should test an update before they give it to all the people who agreed to be part of the test group!" - I'm sorry I'm having trouble grasping the logic in that argument.

3. Kémy IronGator Bergeron Trainee Engineer

And what you think you are doing, by playing it? except finding bugs?

4. Skeloton Master Engineer

I don't think this is an "obvious bug" if it were don't you think it would have been found before.

Time to be helpful to Phand as SHE is the one going to have to reproduce this so someone can fix it.

Now

Only randomly generated roids are affected those that are pre-determined aren't.

STR:

1. Create a new world (any scenario will work)
    2. Look around and spot the roids, or not.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Additional info: This smells like preparation of a big upcoming feature.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
  5. Ice Forge Apprentice Engineer

So the FKING ASTEROIDS ARE GONE is not apperant and gamebreaking to you people?

I guess i don't need raw material for my constructions ( survival which is 50% of the game )
    And i wont have any problem driving around, oh right they are still there i just cant see them so my ships collide in invisible objects gets wrecked and oh... well the game doesnt CTD so i assume its working as intended...

No with the AMOUNT of people getting this issue i can't really say with confident that its just a small portion so it could have slipped through the net of the closed alpha testers.

This is the very definition of game breaking, when it completely disables a large portion of a game and oh if you are in survival you can't progress at all; if that is not breaking the game then i don't even know anymore.

6. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

Features
    - sound block
    - new skybox

Fixes
    - fixed projector loses orientation after power loss
    - fixed issue with cooperating assemblers resetting build progress on master assembler
    - fixed issue with antennas that were set OFF were working after loading
    - fixed timers, cockpits and other blocks which could not be welded in projection
    - fixed crash caused by same object being added twice
    - fixed crash when saving in remote control or camera and reloading the game

EDIT:
    Update 01.060.018
    - fixed issues with missing asteroids when staring new game

7. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

Its good that we...the alpha testers...are reporting it then right? Thank goodness we acted like mature adults and understood that when we agreed to be testers thud could happen. Or just continue to cry about it till you pass out from your agony and wake up tomorrow to a fix patch.

8. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

What about already existing games?

9. Skeloton Master Engineer

It kinda peeves me that people are going on and on and on without, you know, helping.

10. alakeram Trainee Engineer

Hey guys the issue is fixed! you can stop raging now! go mine an asteroid and light up some w*** and enjoy the rest of your life!!!!!

11. RTM Apprentice Engineer

I don't think they're gone entirely. Went to one server, has asteroids. Some stuff I do in creative has asteroids too..not gone.

Is this only for newly created maps? Or only for a certain class of asteroid?

12. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

Me too. We should all be excited I think not upset. They are adding exploration to a closed world setup. This damn awesome. The process will be painful though and will break things in its birthing pains. Relax a bit. Give them time. The payoff is worth it

13. Czestmyr Trainee Engineer

Hey guys,
    we know about the problem and will fix it. This was caused by major changes in the codebase because of the upcoming large worlds feature. Basically, what happens is that the asteroids either aren't transferred to the client in MP or they don't render there. Have patience please, it should be OK in the Friday's hotfix.

14. .pho Trainee Engineer

Thanks for this, but like everyone said, if you could just give a simple test run before releasing an update it would be great for everyone.

15. Skeloton Master Engineer

Doesn't render, does that mean that they simply invisible or non-existent?

16. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

It means that they dont sync with the client fully.
    They are still there, the server registers a collision when you fly into them. But the client never gets told by the server that there is an asteroid

17. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

Thank you for that update.

18. Skeloton Master Engineer

In a MP environment. I don't do MP unless Im building stuff with friends which isn't often. I was asking in the SP sense

19. alakeram Trainee Engineer

Sorry i lied, my server still missing asteroids, fix didn't work for previous worlds :( your welcome to keep raging! lol.

20. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

I appreciate the politeness. No they cannot. Certain co editions are unavoidale. To delay adopting updates would delay the games development. They won't do that in alpha stage. Please refer to early access agreement and statement on the games steam page or on your product box.

21. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

RIP :p

22. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

EDIT:
    Update 01.060.018

23. alakeram Trainee Engineer

So does this mean i have to start a whole new world? i can't even load up my save world in SE toolbox, it just crashes, even when i try to repair the world file. :(

24. rogeriocamorim Apprentice Engineer

EDIT:
    Update 01.060.018

What part of staring new game , you did not get it?
    The new?
    The Game?
    The Starting?

So, YES ALL MAPS ARE NOW DEAD.

You can get people creation itens from old one to new one.

25. Cobra Apprentice Engineer

SP works the same way. It starts a offline server and then connects yourself to it. Even in SP you have a server and a client. At least as far as my understanding goes.

26. Czestmyr Trainee Engineer

No, that's not true, the maps won't be corrupted. Just make sure that you DON'T SAVE YOUR GAME in the broken state, although we don't know for sure that this current bug will corrupt the worlds.
    Also, this is true in general for any other bug that could corrupt the world. As such, I'd strongly advise you to make regular backups of your worlds if you're hosting a dedicated server.

27. alakeram Trainee Engineer

sorry don't gotta yell, someone needs to take a chill pill :p i'm assuming from that one dev's post that old worlds might be fixed friday? or is that unverified and would have to start a new world?

Also i cannot transfer stuff over from my old world files because SE toolbox won't open the world file, keeps giving me error

[​IMG]

any ideas?

28. ozarkamax Junior Engineer

as with every patch, all 3rd party mod tools will have to be updated to work.

also, currently testing my dedicated server backups with the new 60018 patch and that seems to be deleting roids still. the backups are from version 59

29. alakeram Trainee Engineer

yup tested this also, i had a backup yesterday (before patch) and still deleted roids.... (well made them go invis, no rendering) so uhhh im assuming with this ALL old worlds are dead :(

also, didn't know SE toolbox was a 3rd party tool, thought KSWH produced it, shows how much i pay attention >_>

30. reptile279 Trainee Engineer

Dead seems inaccurate. The roids are there just not visible. Also its temporary. Of anything its a coma.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.