Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.60 - No Asteroids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MrHohenheim, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. NerdimusPrime Trainee Engineer

That's unfortunate, because it seems to have worked perfectly for me. Everything is back where it's supposed to be, and I haven't noticed any glitches.

Yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2014
  2. alakeram Trainee Engineer

OK So i have finally found a workaround to the whole asteroid situation, i had a backup of my dedicated server a day prior to the release, and since then people had made thing, so if this is your situation heres how i did my work around

If you have a back up file (mine was from 12/10/14, lucky me) and a file that got corrupted (mine is 12/12/14 patch) first you wanna open both the SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs files, and (i have screen shots, yay!)

[​IMG]
    And then replace this group of lines

[​IMG] Replace it from </PositionAndOrientation> to </PositionAndOrientation> (same with the asteroids from the backup. from </PositionAndOrientation> to </PositionAndOrientation>)

But remember it has to be the </PositionAndOrientation> BEFORE <GridSizeEnum>Large</GridSizeEnum> in the backup folder or you will mess something up, like i did X_X

EDIT: You also have to transfer the .vx2 asteroid files from the backup also, at least thats what i noticed, when i did it without replacing the newer .vx2 files my collision mesh messed up
    EDIT2: Also i used notepad++ to edit the .sbs files

3. kittle Senior Engineer

I guess I should have been more specific

OLD format
    Code:
        <MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase xsi:type="MyObjectBuilder_VoxelMap">
          <EntityId>72172382850335809</EntityId>
          <PersistentFlags>CastShadows InScene</PersistentFlags>
          <PositionAndOrientation>
            <Position x="-103.835846" y="-1438.90845" z="1115.294" />
            <Forward x="0" y="0" z="-1" />
            <Up x="0" y="1" z="0" />
          </PositionAndOrientation>
          <MutableStorage>true</MutableStorage>
          <StorageName>asteroid6</StorageName>
        </MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase>

NEW (Update 060) format:
    Code:
        <MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase xsi:type="MyObjectBuilder_VoxelMap">
          <EntityId>72172382850335809</EntityId>
          <PersistentFlags>CastShadows InScene</PersistentFlags>
          <PositionAndOrientation>
            <Position x="-103.835846" y="-1438.90845" z="1115.294" />
            <Forward x="0" y="0" z="-1" />
            <Up x="0" y="1" z="0" />
          </PositionAndOrientation>
          <StorageName>asteroid6</StorageName>
        </MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase>

delete the line that says: "<MutableStorage>true</MutableStorage>" and leave everything else alone.

4. alakeram Trainee Engineer

Actually, when i removed <MutableStorage>true</MutableStorage> the asteroid dissapeared, when i left it in from the backup, it showed up and everything was fine.

5. Haunty Apprentice Engineer

All I did (for world with all asteroids stripped except for one) was copy the whole asteroid entity section from a backup before the patch, and pasted it into the new sbs file, replacing the single asteroid that was there. When I started the server, it automatically removed the <MutableStorage> tags when it saved. Everything appears to be back to normal.

6. alakeram Trainee Engineer

So if what you said is true, then the fix that they did was take that out and all we gotta do is reinput the asteroid location with .vx2 files in the folder.

7. NerdimusPrime Trainee Engineer

Got the asteroids worked out, but I'm having serious problems with character momentum. I dropped onto my welding ship from about 2m above it, at 0.5g, and completely wrecked it. I think I'll come back after the next hotfix or patch.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.