Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 02.063 - Small blocks crafting, blocks costs revisited

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Description:
    Players can now craft, take and carry small grid objects. Small grid objects can be crafted at a crafting table, and this can be created via the character crafting screen. When you craft an object, it will be placed into the inventory of the crafting source (e.g. player or table). Then you can take and place the object wherever you want from your inventory. Most of the small grid items will take up one slot in the inventory, but some small ones, like the catch block for example, can be stacked up to 3 pieces per slot.
    We have also changed keybindings for picking things up and interacting with them. Picking up items is now done with the E key while the F key is used for interaction. To make sure these changes are applied, please set the control scheme to "default". If that does not help, try deleting your config file, which can be found here "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MedievalEngineers\MedievalEngineers.cfg". Your new config with all changes in controls will be created when you restart the game.
    Players can now pick up small blocks from the grids with "E" (and a timer will be added later to prevent unwanted deconstruction).

Note for modders: Small blocks won't show up in survival after this update. A way to remedy this is to create a component, add it to the component blocks section, create a blueprint, add it to blueprintClasses, and change the cost of the block to the component.
    Example Small Grid Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659882453

Features:
    - Small blocks crafting
    - Inventory not empty notification
    - Inventory splitting function

Tweaks:
    - Default INTERACT key is now "F"
    - Default PICKUP key is now "E"
    - Pressing "I" now only opens character inventory + crafting
    - Inventory now doesn't throw out stuff on interaction
    - Tweaked crafting GUI to better filter non-public blueprints and blueprint classes
    - Changed component prices for the blocks

Fixes:
    - Fixing crash due to wrong logical condition in MyGuiScreenInventory
    - Fixing crash in character jetpack component when switching from creative to survival
    - Fixed ui opacity 0 when starting game without config
    - Fixed scrollbar missing in crafting screen blueprints grid
    - Fixing blocks built in line not being built in the correct state (happened in Medieval Master)
    - Particle lifetime fix
    - Fixed axe, hammer and pickaxe holding animation
    - Fixed crossbow particle effect

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CanOmer

Great!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. Martinineter

4. Ed Frost

yeh bit more stuff... wooh!
    way to go.

5. KingdomBragg

Thanks guys, I'll have to check this out once I'm home :)

6. Jecandy

Features again! Glad the survival aspect of the game is shaping up some more.

7. OmEgA_StOrM

Keeeeeeen!
    Please save the game! It is dying (On average 40 people playing and 7 servers with a total of 2 people on them)
    This game needs a big update to give people a better reason to play it and if this update is not ready than tease it because it is getting kind of boring.
    Thanks for reading

8. waterlimon

It just needs gameplay focused features to be added (like farming and other long-term systems). Easiest thing they could do is make barbarians more interesting and less annoying (much rarer and predictable waves, less random attack 'formations', slower advance...) so you can play survival with them and also be able to focus on building (like prepare 30 min for a big barbarian attack, where they slowly advance toward your 'castle' instead of all just running at you from all directions).

Currently they only have tools without purpose (being able to build), and purpose without tools (having to eat).
    We need tools with purpose. Reasons to build all kinds of buildings. Many tools (easy, difficult, short term, long term...) to deal with the basic needs (food/health/threats).
    (yes there already are a few such things like carts to transport resources, or building stuff against barbarians, but they are far from functional in terms of gameplay)

9. MechanizedIT

Yeah, barbarians are a menace on servers if you aren't there to kill them when they attack your stuff. Need some kind of block that does damage, like spikes, or fire, something to leave as a defense while offline, something make traps more effectively.

Barbarians need some kind of 'camp' or 'village' that they spawn at. Would add some exploration purpose to the game, especially when planets come. That way, you can go and find their village, destroy it, and be barbarian free for a time, until another one eventually springs up somewhere else.

Game needs farming for sure. I typically don't even bother to eat, just starve, die and respawn, because going out in the woods to collect food just gets extremely old fast.

I think the main thing that is going to make this game appealing to more people is going to be a more in depth NPC system. One where you need NPC's to help you build/defend/maintain your castle, and the goal of the player is to keep these people alive, and that means farming, some type of 'manufacturing', to keep your guards supplied with blades, bows, and arrows when they break while defending, and your miners, farmers, and woodsmen with tools. The game just won't go very far if it is only about building castles.

10. OmEgA_StOrM

I think what is kind of upsetting is if you compare the updates from Space engineers with medieval engineers. In the first year you got in space engineers nearly every week a new feature or a big change such as remote control block, sensor blocks... while in medieval engineers the features were smaller and after update 30 there was already the first bug fixing period.

As I mentioned in my comment above I believe what medieval engineers needs the most is content!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Digi

Why :(
    Crafting things in inventory and placing them complete is so boring.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Yurand

Definitely agree with that... The realism is gone... I can carry 3 beds and 5 logs at the same time on my back, how I'm supposed to do that. And also, we can press E and destroy siege machines or other mechanism in 2 mins... Really, how the hell I'm supposed to do all those things, we are losing all the realism...

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Ed Frost

they are destroying their own game without knowing it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. CanOmer

Helloooo
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Ed Frost

okay keen.
    tomorrow patchmas... I expect quite a lot actually....
    but above al.... Tell us what the **** is going on over there and why does it take so damned long.

also either bring back the old realistic inventory or give us a toggle for it.

16. Ghostickles

Nice, now we have craftsmanship.