Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.029 ideas and speculations. [V 1.0]

Discussion in 'General' started by StuffYouFear, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. xxsupremexx11 Trainee Engineer

My floating objects is always under 70 and I only have 1 ship lol. All these problems started when they changed the way the engine renders stuff, I think it was update 1.025 possibly lol.

2. ctiberious Apprentice Engineer

Yeah. I've noticed some performance issues which is pretty unusual for me. What I find odd is even when I have a decent FPS (30+) I'll still get lag or the controls feel exceedingly sluggish. I noticed there is an entry called something like "update delay lag" (or something along those lines) and mine is always sitting at around 500ms but I'm not sure what is causing it. I think it's related to one of the cargo ships I captured awhile ago but I have to test that. Now that we have these large grinders, I may just grind down all the ships I've got sitting around and see if that has an effect. :)

As for my speculations for next week, large ship welder would be nice. As would a large ship drill. But mostly I'd just like to see more bugfixes (door, performance problems, small ship engines damaging large ship heavy blocks, etc).

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Why am I not surprised to see this thread already :thumb:...

I quite like the idea of a stickied update speculation thread but after a while there would be hundreds of pages all taking about different updates.

4. Staxed Trainee Engineer

No reason to have a stickied thread that would be hundreds of pages long. One for each update is easier to read (specially for new people...so they can get to the current speculations faster and not have to wade through dozens of pages of old speculations.

It certainly gets bumped enough to stay at the top anyway :D

5. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Probably because we get several of them on a weekly basis from the same 3 posters who are trying to compete for first thread post?

6. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Indeed, this is a weird type of competition.... haha

7. Akkoslav Trainee Engineer

What about flying whales?

8. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

I am getting rather sick of these attention grabbing posts, christ cant you even wait a hour for the patch to come out?!

9. aboredteen1 Junior Engineer

I do like the stickied idea. it just needs to be wiped every Monday. Monday is when most of the previous hype ends and the new one starts. ive made this almost every Monday and have made one early one as an experiment(didn't go well) and then had one destroyed by mods(that is not derogatory in any way you guys were doing your job). this one has been imo released way to early and should be wiped, locked and then unlocked Monday.

10. Spets Master Engineer

11. Deggy Trainee Engineer

Maybe you'll know...

Do Grinders damage Engineers?

12. Spets Master Engineer

no they don't... yet(?)

13. Azgodeth Trainee Engineer

im on board with the "whatever wasnt mentioned here this week will apear in next pacth" mentality. all our hoping and guessing will just giv them ideas on where to throw that curveball ;)

14. Uhm Apprentice Engineer

rails

15. Conradian Moderator

I think you should do it. Heck I'd be happy to do the whole wipe it weekly thing as suggested if you don't want that burden.

16. kymlaar Trainee Engineer

I'm going to vote for netcode and optimization. As it stands, my friends and I can't use the the new grinders on the multiplayer server because they effectively turn the game into this odd stop-motion thing, and the grinders only kind of grind. When we all leave the host alone, suddenly the game starts running fine and the grinders work properly.

This extends to other areas as well. As a client, I can't build a tug, or really have any situation where my ship uses rotors, or latches on to another ship and applies force, or else the whole thing comes apart. The host does it and there's no issue. This really limits the fun of the game for a client, as I have to rely on the host to perform most operations.

17. Kryjeck Apprentice Engineer

Groups would be awesome. It was a pain turning on 160 grinders.

18. corinmcnerd Apprentice Engineer

Yes grouping stuff up would be nice and a good way of saving some time.
    What also would be nice, and I have to say that this idea is actually sage's for those who know him from YouTube, would be a remote control or at least a controlpanel so you do not build a cockpit everywhere or find a panel to access something.

19. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

"Yo dawg we heard you like speculations thread so we put our discussion about speculations thread in your speculations thread so you can read about speculations thread while browsing speculations thread trying to see some speculations but finding almost none of them."
    [​IMG]

Seriously guys, it starts to get annoying! People came here craving for speculation about next patch and possibly even some info from files or spoiler from twitter and most posts here are from people butthurt because other people are using forums to discuss topic they believe should not be discussed trying to purge the forum with their divine posts. You don't like the topic? Don't read it and, for the love of god, DON'T SPAM IT!

Now for the topic: I seriously hope they did not scrapped the round armor blocks but rather working on fixing it and putting it into game soon enough. It would give us more designing possibilities, I'd love that!

20. dragonslife Apprentice Engineer

^This dude said it all.

WTF are you saying? You created this topic no?

21. corinmcnerd Apprentice Engineer

So what he is an enthusiast and it is his way of showing his interest.
    For those who do not care don't look into this thread and walk along.
    I believe that this kind of threads and post's are a good way of showing what kind of things are important for the community and it is not against any law to state an opinion or asking for one.

SO LET HIM BE. I for one am looking forward of seeing what ppl thing should or shouldn't be implemented into the game.

22. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

I always say that, but no one seems to notice.

Im wondering it they are going to bring in wielders next and if they can pull resources from the ships inventory. Do you think the wielder pulling parts from the network is the hold up? The could always require us to dump the recourses on the block before wielding it.

23. Hawthorn Apprentice Engineer

Space Whales. +1

24. Thunderbird Junior Engineer

lag-eating Space Whales

25. Skeloton Master Engineer

Im sorry to say guys but the Space Kraken, Space Whales, physics slow-mo and Purple ore is all down to the effects of Space Mushrooms.

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/news-flash-culprit-of-the-purple-ore-has-been-found-6878485?trail=15#3

26. Stoner Apprentice Engineer

No need to speculate. I'm in email contact with one of the devs (due to a bug I reported long ago). She's saying next week's patch adds a new freighter, Unicorns. The Unicorn flies through space towards your home base. If you try to capture it, it sh*ts rainbows all over your base. You must mine the purple asteroids to feed it.

I want my Unicorn.

27. becca Trainee Engineer

ok anyone who has a problem with this post (frankly piss off) jeez bunch of complainers worse than my auto correct telling me piss should be Miss... the only thing annoying is your wining at the top of every forum post you dont want to see lol its pathetic
    now on topic
    id love to see a builder arm to go with that grinder and maybe a large drill maybe :) and the grinder and builder arm to be useable on small ships too

28. DDP-158 Master Engineer

The proprietor of the forums has spoken! (In a non bitchy/whiny voice). We are be winrars!

29. wilkins1952 Trainee Engineer

Really hope the next patch is the 3d printer so i can try to make a fully automated mobile shipyard that only requires me to steer it towards rocks

30. xwhitemousex Apprentice Engineer

Someone was overjoyous about getting a lot of views when he made the first speculation post after patch 1.025 or something.

After that people went crazy about making this thread so they can get a lot of views on their thread.

Rather than speculating in these threads I'll just stick to individual threads discussing a feature in specifics.​

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.