Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.182.3 - Memory Optimizations

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Sirhan Blixt

It turns out that there's a forum for that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Cetric

Link to my compressed savegame sent by PN. Thanks and good luck.

3. Syncaidius

Connectors don't seem to work at all after this update. They refuse to connect or even detect each other. :?

4. Forcedminer

wheels have 'silently' gotten much much better.
    so everything else before after and during this point is gravity gravy

5. NumberR09

Nice job KSH. Someone told me to check back with SE in six months time to see a difference. They were right. Mucho improvements since Feb 2017. Thanks. Remember, bug fixing>features

6. Cetric

After that 229 MB patch my savegame could be loaded. Success!
    --
    Stuttering movement of character still observed, when walking in 1G gravity on a surface, speed interchanges constantly between 3,33 m/sec and zero. When you hang on some invisible hook and are trapped, speed shows between 0,18 and zero while you are trying to get free.
    --
    INFO UPDATE:
    Once my world was saved under conditions of patch 1.182.304 and loaded anew with that patch, I noticed symptoms described above of stutting movements when walking in building *disappeared* and I can move by feet at a 4,00 - 3,78 m/sec circle. I think 4 would be normal walking speed. Also did not get immobilized yet by some invisible obstacle.
    That's great.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  7. captainbladej52

@I23I7 On a bug related note I've been able to narrow down the thruster burn issue more specifically than before and have prepared a clip for you folks. I had mentioned to you that I was noticing thrusters burning beyond their intended ranges in some instances. I've been able to narrow it down to a full power burn with the small thrusters on the large grid. below is a brief video clip demonstrating the burn distances and my results. The burning of the 3rd block isn't as consistent as the 2nd block is but it still is burning. From the inconsistency I'm hoping that this was not intended for the small thrusters to burn at a 3 large block radius and that it's still supposed to be 2 large blocks. This issue seems to have been made slightly worse as of this update. If needed I can test a different setup for you than the one in the clip. The clip is unlisted since it deals with a bug. If the clip doesn't work please let me know and I can repost if needed.

8. aka13

Can it be that something happened to drills and drill groups this update? They can't be hidden anymore, can't be toggled on/off. Is that intended?

9. Arcturus

It is one of those zombie bugs that keeps coming back from the dead. Dates back to at least November 2016, but happens every few months.
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/onoff-action-disappeared-from-drills.7394453/
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/drills-randomly-unusable-dev-01_171_003.7392096/
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/1-162-dev-sp-survival-unable-to-control-drills.7389426/
    https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/1-157-11-stable-drills-have-lost-hotbar-commands.7389150/

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Roxette

Yep, somebody needs to walk round the office with the floppies that have the source code on and update all the workstations to a more recent revision level again... >.>

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dead Battery

After the update (1.182.3) my game crashes after about 1 hr 20 mins telling me I'm out of memory. Before the update it did not do this. The crash happened last night and again tonight.

12. Ondřej Nahálka Tester Developer

--- Automerge ---
    Hey,

please try to update the game, new hotfix 1.182.304 is out.

Does it help?

13. Sovjet

Love the update, i had troubles running the game and after this patch everything is working fine once again :)

14. Dead Battery

Well, some. Now it takes about five hours to crash. All three times now I've been using the grinder when it locks up. Sparks are flying but I can't move the character and then in about a thirty seconds or so I get the message box pop up telling me I'm out of memory. I checked and it is at version 1.182.304. I've saved the log files if those are any help to you.

15. Ondřej Nahálka Tester Developer

Hey,

please try to update the game, new hotfix 1.182.304 is out.

Does it help?
    send the log files -> ondrej.nahalka@keenswh.com

Thanks! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Darian Stephens

This is just a small thing, but the heavy breathing that used to happen only when you sprinted for a while now starts when you're just running. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it seems to be an undocumented change. Speaking of sound, your footstep sounds don't line up with the animation of your foot hitting the ground, which can be pretty jarring in third person or when looking at your feet.
    There's also a little graphical issue with Yield modules, where the conveyor tube on their outside can be seen through on the ending which is meant to meet up with the shiny metal thing.
    Then I think curved conveyor tubes, solar panels and small grid batteries are missing emissives on some of their LODs. The conveyor might have been fixed a little while ago, though.
    Otherwise, things have been going really well!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  17. Thrak

Speaking of sound, I really miss the audio warnings for low O2.

18. Stardriver907

"Massive" builds are apparently the only kind I have. Since, I believe, 1.182 I have experienced significant sim speed drops (from 1.0 to .3 or less) when using any menu. I won't go as far as to say it makes things impossible, but it will turn a one-hour session into a three-hour session. I would like to brag about all of my 5000+ hours as being productive, but the truth is that I spend about as much time waiting on the game as I do playing it. For instance, menus take less time to load now but now the game takes longer to acknowledge my mouse clicks so the end result is the same. I don't call the game unplayable because I've been playing it for so many hours and despite all the updates it still takes just as long to do something, and the answer does not appear to be getting a better machine.

I don't know if the fun comes from being able to build stuff because of the game or being able to build stuff despite the game :D.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. ViroMan

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stardriver907

The way I see it, the game is on the receiving end.

21. Devon_v

Mega late to the party, but I'd just like so say that I can actually load saves and play on a fresh Earthlike for more than 30 seconds without running out of RAM now, so thank you very much for getting the old memory usage levels back. :)