Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.0 - Skins, Parachutes & Player Feedback

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Some of the PODs should just go CLANG and blow up, like a piston/rotor (or anything else that should move).

PS - can we have working wheels soon please

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamSann Trainee Engineer

Well with parachutes comes drag and.... LIFT RIGHT? RAAAAAIGHT?

BEcause i don't think is possible to "parachute" anything without some lift involved.

4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I wonder what's inside... hmm.. BOOM!

*covered in pink paint*

hehe

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Here's a problem that got overlooked with the small block parachutes: The Cargo Input is on the bottom right? Well despite numerous attempts to load that hatch through conveyors the small block grid just won't accept the canvas. Also, how much canvas do we need to deploy the chute in survival - I got 1 canvas loaded in the large block chute but apparently it wasn't enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Am I the only one who can't log in to the feedback page? I expected to see some other comments about it... Do I need a separate registration for it?

7. Potter Apprentice Engineer

Yeah you need to make a new account.

8. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Great, yet another account for no reason at all! :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Director Juno Trainee Engineer

So far I'm noticing too frequent spawning of these supply containers, but have yet to actually get one. They never open their parachutes and always blow up on impact, now my nice and clean territory is getting covered in little craters, and I've got nothing to show for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OmegaConstruct Trainee Engineer

So excited to hear about all of these fixes to multiplayer! I'm glad that you guys have finally got around to fixing these issues that have been around for months and been reported hundreds of times. I love when developers pay attention to the needs of the player base instead of wasting time on glitter and gimmicks that nobody asked for. I'm really excited to get back to playing this game with my friends. :tu:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Drive not found...
    [A]bort/[R]etry/[F]ail

Humans are unique in they will choose "Retry" until they cannot choose at all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  12. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

There is a way, I don't remember how, but there's a spawn timer. Check in GlobalEvents.sbc maybe.

It uses the Keen Store account, you might already have one of those, so check that.

13. Pegas519 Apprentice Engineer

2GB download? what the heck have they changed to justify that?

14. Krienas Trainee Engineer

textures and.. buy internet. I am sure you can afford it if can have that computator you are advertising. I have difficult time trying to find justification for complains about 2GB download size these days.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  15. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Actually, parachutes are essentially all about drag. Only parachute that employs lift is a parasail, which is a parachute shaped like a wing in order to produce lift.

All of my sim speed gains have evaporated.

16. halipatsui Senior Engineer

If you put a bunch of artists to patch multiplayer netcode you are going yo have bad time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. gordon861 Apprentice Engineer

Are we supposed to have to chase these spinning PODs all over the landscape or is there a bug somewhere?

Might be caused by them being on an ice lake.

18. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

2GB? OMG, no more SE for me for a while :-(. Shame.

19. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

Wait a second...
    • fixed emissivity issue with mag boots
    Oy, just a few patches ago they said they deliberately made your magboots non-emissive when in a situation where they can't turn on. What's going on? Are our boots meant to be glowing when they can't lock or what?

In other news, I hope this new skin system can be at least somewhat utilized by modders; I could imagine different parts of suits you could put on that actually change gameplay, like a heavy-duty backpack, or armored clothing, maybe precise gloves to make welding a bit faster or something.
    Something like Medieval Engineers, but more space-y.

20. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Is there any way to turn those annoying boxes off? I am finding them as tedious as pop-up adverts.

21. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

There was a post a little while ago to tell you how to disable those things while we wait for Keen to add a checkbox to the world settings. Check the last page or so, it should be there.

22. Draygo Senior Engineer

I also added an autodeploy setting so it will deploy automatically below a specific altitude.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. Anubis 2 Trainee Engineer

that was amusing:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Back in my day - we walked fifteen miles....wait wrong era - Back in my day we wrote code that had No LAG and only had 240kb worth of data; Then 3d Graphics Came and we get an evolvution, what's next? TBs for a SINGLE game? My Patience limit is 20gb, Anything more than that and I just refund without question (actually did that with ESO)

Although in all fairness the Visual Aspect of SE is likely responsible for the majority of that 2 GB - They added what amounts to 33 NEW 3d Motion-capture models.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. chrisb Senior Engineer

Parachutes and skins. Glad the important things are getting done. :?

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Roxette Senior Engineer

Another Thursday with a bunch of emergency fix updates...

It's a shame their impact on server performance wasn't considered and the spawning was defaulted to OFF on multiplayer servers. Performance there is bad enough already without all this ill-conceived crap being added.

27. xphoenixxx Junior Engineer

As far as i am aware Keen contains several teams of staff -
    programmers
    testers
    modellers
    artists

There is some overlap in workload ie modellers and artists may work together or do both roles, sometimes programemrs work with testers, sometimes modellers/artists or programmers work AS testers..

But in general if you have a room of guys crunching code all week, and a bunch of testers testing it.. and a room of artists - what are the artists meant to do.. stand around playing cards?

I would submit it would be a waste of time /NOT/ to give the artists something to do. In some ways they drive the creative control of the game, and bounce ideas off the programmers for actually cool things that might be worth adding. As a business owner that has an unemployed modeller standing around with nothing to do because no company seems to value his qualifications I say.. dont diss the artists! In a world where 90% of game reviews are done by shallow snowflakes that dont care if a game plays like pac man as long as it looks like an iMax movie.. these guys ARE IMPORTANT.

Saying artists are wasting their time doing skins is like saying your favourite car maker is wasting time when they actualy paint their cars before selling them and shouldnt bother designing new models.. Sure the world would still turn if everyone's car looked the same as a model T ford.. or perhaps those horrible 80's era brick shaped cars with no style - but would you actually look forward to buying one. No.

Same rule applies to games :)

As for the female engineer - stop dissing keen for not having one, and go vote on the feedback website for it! Keen is all about community input in its games - its why I still play this game obsessively.. any feature I want bad enough a thousand other players want too, and chances are someone will add it eventually. Even if it is a modder.

Share the love.. *puts on the rainbow space suit*

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Spets Master Engineer

the drop pod spawn rate is too often, too fast IMO. Any way to add an option setting maybe? I donno... more [------------------o---]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  29. Reneta Scian Apprentice Engineer

@Eikester, I use the shit out of your decorative mods. I don't know if I'd want to play Space Engineers without them anymore. :3 Just sayin'. And yeah, I'm kind of with you on this. Sure they could do both, as someone else said, but we've already been literal years without the feature. And decorative elements are just part of immersion. Mind you, it's in Beta, so yeah... I get it... But these features (minus parachutes)... I don't care about, didn't really want that badly, and functions on an RNG. And you can't even turn off the cargo pods, or adjust their frequency. Oh, right... And they keep dinging my sim speed.

30. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I played for a while and also found they spawn far too frequently...

Why not a kind of randomized invisible dice throw? making the spawn rate random, and not predictable... along with the contents of the pods as well.. never knowing when, and never knowing what would make this the perfect little feature.

Ohh how I wish for radar instead of a precise location provided by text on the screen.... just a basic radar giving the player a direction to search in, and then have to visualize the object.... instead of hey look there is text on the screen I will travel to the text on screen and find thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.