Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.183.3 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Arcturus Senior Engineer

So, those Cargo Ships like the Mining Carriage or Private Sail are able to despawn themselves after a timer, but for loot pods they decide to FORCE on trash removal which also eats the Medium Cargo Container that I built and left unattended (for reasons unrelated to loot pods), despite the world option for trash removal being off?

2. Crash Trainee Engineer

I'm only speculating at why it was on as I haven't read or heard anything officially. I always run with trash removal off but found it had been turned back on and coincidentally was set to run the same amount of time the timers of the unknown signals display. Since I turned it off I haven't lost a single drone (they"re about the same size as the pods). I have those pods turned off anyway as they don't provide enough reason for me to chase them down.

Edit: Trash removal eats any grid below a set amount of blocks (configurable per grid type I think). Since that stand-alone medium container was a single block, it was below the threshold and unpowered so it was eaten.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Yeah, the default settings are rather aggressive. You can reconfigure it easily in the Spacemaster menu, one of the simplest things you can do is set it to only clean unowned grids and at a distance of 50kmn (max visual distance) or greater. That way debris and scrap will just drift off and eventually get cleaned up, while stuff (with a terminal) that you leave lying around will stay.

I still have to do some housekeeping on the entity list now and then.

4. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I lost a fully built, un-powered ship(The batteries were set to recharge and it ran out of uranium i guess) I didn't know until Many hours later I came back to that area and it was not there. Space master showed it did not exist. :(

5. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

ViroMan, were you on a server other than your own? If so, it's possible whoever ran the server had some kind of automatic garbage collection, that unfortunately removed un-powered grids with extreme prejudice...Still, I'm sorry for the loss of your work :(

6. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

THE NEW TAG IS GONE!!! F5 SPAM INCOMING GUYS!!!

PS: sry capslock :woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PiettroBeretta Trainee Engineer

where is my Thursday┬┤s hype thread :(

8. ViroMan Senior Engineer

naw. I was on an offline game. That is why I was totally pissed. It was the escape mars mission so I kinda needed it. I had fixed up the ship and went away to get some gas for it and come back and it is gone. soooo mad. I flew around where it was first thinking the textures failed to load... nope flew right through were it should have been.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.