Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.184.2 Minor - Beta improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by flexx, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

great fixes

2. Veritas Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, except my friend hosts ours instead of relying on some single-thread crap paid service. We've been lucky/his computer is actually capable enough to run the server with minimal issues, even with all the wonderful crazy lagfests in previous versions, for the last 3 years through every version update. Occasionally we took breaks because of exploding connectors or other game-breaking bugs that ruined play, but this is the first time that the DS itself is the problem.

TBH, I will admit every previous patch that people moaned about DS, I was always surprised when we didn't run into the "common" problems others did. But whatever the hell went into the code this morning went and really derped things up.

3. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Watches satellites fall out of orbit.

seems a method was removed from Mathhelper.
    and several orbital scripts broke.

4. ViroMan Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

It was a double method in MathHelper. it appears to be moved to MathHelperD where it was supposed to be.

6. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

What about wheels turning when the parking brake is locked :woot: and lack of adjustable braking force. I find this far more annoying as you should be able to apply enough braking force to LOCK the wheels and if you do lock wheels they should not turn and any further movement would be skidding not rolling. Also controlling wheel locking would enable intentional and somewhat controlled drifting :)

7. KingTriaxx Trainee Engineer

I found that cranking up the safety lock speed on wheels/etc attached to speed modded ships to work just fine for preventing Vader flight syndrome.

8. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello,

If there is any issue that this update brought that was not there before go ahead and PM me with what happened.

Thanks!

9. Darkheyr Trainee Engineer

I haven't played for two or three updates so I can't say for certain, but Air Vents (large grid, creative and survival) seem to always draw 330kw now, no matter if they're actually moving air or not. Shouldn't their idle power consumption be significantly lower?

Even happens in my unoccupied, pressurised airlock. I have to actually turn the vents off and on again if I'm trying to get by with a small large grid rover on Mars. The power draw is crippling.

Edit: Also happens in an unpressurised room with a vent set to depressurise, no matter if there is air to draw or not.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  10. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Believe it or not, that "speed limit issue" is actually a bug with...get this...Connectors. EpikTetus tested it out in one of his most recent SE episodes, and without a connector, a ship doesn't experience the weird loss of control. I know the bug well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RBXPlay Trainee Engineer

With Update 1.184.2, I'm suddenly getting Physics performance warnings and issues. The longer I play (and the more blocks I place), the worse the performance. Then if I save and re-load the game, performance is fine. Not sure if this related, but I start out with 2.5GB of memory allocated to my world and by the time the game is unplayable, I'm at over 5GB allocated memory. Just thought I'd share this observation. I know we're in Beta, so I understand there can/will be issues. This is probably the wrong place to be noting these type of items, so if I'm wrong please let me know and I'll delete/repost. Thanks!

UPDATE: I just left the game up and running overnight with my toon inside a cryochamber. When I checked the memory allocation for SE this morning it had ballooned to 12.5GB. I'm sensing there's some sort of memory allocation issue.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  12. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

Believe me, I'm know why exactly what is broken and in which exactly lines this Issue located :p
    Not only connectors affected, by the way. Also, looks like large grid connectors are NOT affected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MerelyRey Trainee Engineer

Unfortunatelly this is the same of our server. Performance issues pile up within a few hours leading to heavy lag up to complete server crash if one or several people are close to some larger grids.

14. COPR Trainee Engineer

Awesome game, love the dedication to and the detail.
    That being said, can I just ask: when are we going to get the proper inverse blocks for the diagonal 1x1/1x2 glass windows? I was building a rather involved large ship, when I discovered near the end that they can't be easily reversed and it through me off.
    Still one of my favorite games. Thanks for the effort guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

My server is crashing now again but not with memory this time, it seems to happen when blueprints are loaded up now. I wish it was just simple bugs in the game and not game breaking/crashing.

16. Asylumdown Trainee Engineer

uh.....

Happy Halloween? Is there a pumpkin thing people have been talking about and I just missed it? The landscape on the earth type world appears to be littered with pumpkins while walking around at night.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

Oh, is that the case? I was truly not aware of the entire scope of the issue. That, and I'd never been brave enough to try to go full speed into a planet's atmosphere with any of my large grids lol

18. krypt-lynx Apprentice Engineer

I have a speed limit plugin, which fixes speed limit issue (in local game). But now I'm trying to insert killswitch into it. In case is Keen's update will broke it is some weird way. I will release it tomorrow, probably.
    Also, devs are aware about the issue and its reasons, but looks like fix was not included in last update :(

19. wagner Apprentice Engineer

Sorry but the game is still unplayable online, streaming bug all the time, out of sync, crashes, hope you figure out, but until then multiplayer is no existent in this game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.