Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 1.185.6 - Beta Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! You thought there will be no update between Christmas and New Year? Oh ye of little faith... :)
    Here are more minor game improvements for this week and enjoy your holidays!

06.jpg

Fixes
    - fixed various crashes
    - fixed an issue with battery recharging itself
    - fixed key bindings in F1 screen for voxel hand
    - fixed control hint for opening block's control panel

Thanks!
    Keen Software House team

• Like x 15
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. jtreiman Trainee Engineer

GOOD. Future stability to overly-large ships? :D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hemp Plan[e]t Apprentice Engineer

2nd? Pls make us getting rid of the windows error sound when using Shift+Tab :(

• Late Late x 1
  4. KingdomBragg Junior Engineer

5. Super_Happy_Alien Apprentice Engineer

yea Good Work again but i guess i have to wait for Randomly Exploding Large Ship Drills Again !!!

6. Pennywise Apprentice Engineer

How many time has passed since last new block in game?

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. dbran1 Trainee Engineer

dam why are they just small updates of little problems would be nice if the multiplayer piston rotor and wheel situation was fixed main thing that's holding the creativity in game back.

i do appreciate the updates but there hardly worth calling a updates when there so little change.

Dam good game tho keep up the good work hope that the clangs get fixed soon ;]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  8. Voltz Trainee Engineer

I hope you fixed the small advanced rotor not conveying anything!

9. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TheTargetObject Trainee Engineer

Not that I expected something in this update.
    The batteries are also fixed every third update.

Without performance update, SE degenerates to a single player title that has no chance of survival. You kill SE before it's done. And other games will overtake you.

Too bad.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  11. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

Are hydrogen tanks going to be usable in creative somewhere in the future?

12. warpig2255 Trainee Engineer

You need to make alot of Oxygen Generators to fill them up... i have that sma problem. The just broke it couse of reasons...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. warpig2255 Trainee Engineer

Same goes for me i cant even play in SP without any laggs...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  14. GibboAu85 Trainee Engineer

cool, but I feel this game needs some more content. Its starting to fade away into limbo

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. warpig2255 Trainee Engineer

Thes game needs a MAJOR Rework. To run. Couse right now you can slap it into a wall....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. AjaxBaker Trainee Engineer

i agree with the past posts.. when are you guys gonna start making this game stand out from others? it was released back in 2013 and still in beta? that's kind of embarrassing.. like the previous post said.. another game is sure to take over and i am glad i only picked this up for $11 so it wasn't much of a loss to me but i had a lot of hope for it witch really makes me mad.. and it seems there is always another update that has to fix the game after Thursdays update.. you guys really know nothing about your game engine if you keep breaking it.. so expect another update tomorrow that only fixes what they broke today. lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Late Late x 1
  17. jlele Trainee Engineer

OMG! how hard is it to make at least thirst and hunger? or, for example, can sound the dogs! why when you shoot at them they make a sound like it's metal? and from them come the sparks instead of blood when hit!

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  18. Pentbot Trainee Engineer

I say Pish Posh to all the naysayers about wanting more content, complaining about Clang and the like -- credit to you developers for releasing an update during this time of the year. Keep up the great work! I will enjoy my minor update, and you enjoy your festive period!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Killaim Trainee Engineer

what ? no new years eve last ditch effort to make something different?

the amazing "wolf" ai comes to mind.

i hope you get to the ai bit of the game one day.

game is fun to build in. but even some rudimentary ai focus would be nice (just dont make more wolves please...) (yes the player made mods drones helped alot, but more of that, more framework for such things, so modders atleast can make more of it easier)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  20. Cetric Junior Engineer

It was a great year 2017 for me, in both SPACE ENGINEERS and MEDIEVAL ENGINEERS. Creativity never ends. In this spirit I am expecting the best for 2018, in both my KEEN games.
    (No, it is not all smooth with 25 performance issues indicated at this time, but two weeks ago, there were 29 of them in my world. Also, they are mod-related mostly. So I have all reasons to see the glass half full instead of half empty.)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Artur Błażczuk Trainee Engineer

From what I noticed while playing and dedicated game server on my computer changed the load on my processor i7 (8 threads) one of the processes now consumes over 90% of one thread and the rest are around 50%, the day before the update worked better, did will there be an update to optimize lags in the game? Will I have to buy a 32-thread processor?

As for me, the problem is on the side of a dedicated server, without the client software still running, it is still bigger on the CPU.

22. jlele Trainee Engineer

why the in-game menu is terrible? I understand that this is a small part. but damn we have high-tech warp engines! and at this time we have a blue strip on the screen! very cool!

• Late Late x 1
  23. Casegard Trainee Engineer

Yeah .. this fixed the inventory bug .. well done mates and good luck for 2018

• Like Like x 1
  24. StrikerBAY Trainee Engineer

Thank you guys - wish you a happy new year

• Like Like x 2
  25. Dataro_X Trainee Engineer

Happy new year!!!

• Like Like x 2
  26. darth_crunchus Apprentice Engineer

You know, I'm not entirely certain of how to respond to this. But assume it's slightly negative and chiding.

Hunger and thirst don't NEED to be a thing in this game. And the dogs USED to be mechanical in nature and used to explode on contact with an engineer, so, cut 'em a little slack...Seriously. You obviously haven't been playing the game that long if you feel you need to criticize the canines formerly known as Cyber Hounds.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

@jlele that is because they used to be Cyberhounds (made of metal) but I guess Keen couldn't justify how there were robotic dogs since there are no other NPC beings that could have created them in the first place. They could have even went the route that the spiders were intelligent enough to build them.

As stated above the game has been in Early Release since 2013, and if you take the time to go through all the updates the same issues are still being worked on from years ago. There is a newer game out there that is going to give SE a beat down if things do not turn around soon.
    I will be nice and will not mention the other game title. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. ViperZeroOne Trainee Engineer

All I have to say is holy hell some of you people are salty... :mad:

You could have said good job bringing us an update during the Christmas holiday Devs. Or how about, good job thinking of us before your own families Devs. But no, instead they whine and bitch.

I've had this game since 2013 and I'm friggin thankful the Developers are still working hard on it and pushing out regular bug fixes before looking at new content. Instead of mentioning other games that "might give SE a beat down" you salty people should take note of other games. Like, perhaps, one called Folk Tale. It was killed off in early access because the developers got tired of listening to whiny, impatient, ungrateful children who have no idea what it takes to develop a new game (you know, like some of you).

So yea... THANK YOU DEVELOPERS for taking time away from your families to provide us with some minor fixes this holiday season. :beer: Wishing you all the best in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  29. carbonCore Trainee Engineer

Just wanted to ask whether clang issues are still being addressed? My ship doesn't explode immediately, but it is unable to take off from a planet when constant thrust is applied. Every piston in the ship tears itself off, seemingly with no provocation. I've got saves and everything, but I'm not sure whether clang is a priority at this point, since you guys did fix so much last time. Happy holidays, guys, and thank you for the continuing good work!

30. ViperZeroOne Trainee Engineer

Then get a better computer or wait for optimizations... I run a server our of a datacenter, play on it with 5 others, and have virtually ZERO lag.

Don't blame the Devs for shortcomings on your end.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.