Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 1.187.1 – Minor Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 6, 2018.

1. WilliamJamesJ Trainee Engineer

Wait a moment... if rovers no longer explode... what else can we use them for?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

This is intentional, it's like a sprint mode for spectator without changing camera speed, it's handy when chasing grids or wanting to go just a bit faster. If you hold ctrl and mouse wheel it speed up rotation alao

3. VigotheDudepathian Trainee Engineer

Awesome! I also am excited to see more developer interaction as far as answering questions. Rather than wondering if devs ever read this stuff we get prompt detailed answers! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Good work, another solid patch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sweminime Trainee Engineer

After the last two updates, the dedicated server has deleted all the saved files. Whay is this happening?

6. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Thanks, beelzerob! :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for the feedback, w4stedspace,

Hopefully we can address it in a future update.

Cheers!
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi Tracecat,

We're hoping that we've eliminated the rare issue some users are experiencing with exploding cars. ; )

Cheers,
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks a lot for the words of encouragement, Udrakan!

It means a lot to everybody at Keen.

Cheers! :)
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi WipeOutt,

Thanks for reaching out to Keen.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, please send as message via: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/

And we'll get back to you asap.

Cheers,
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks for the feedback, RandomBlue.

We'll look into into it.

Cheers,
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks, Bronney!

We're trying to make Space Engineers the best it can be and thankfully, we have a great community that provides us with fantastic feedback, which drives us to keep improving the game.

Cheers!
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi Sweminime,

I have forwarded your question to our server expert and I will get back to you asap.

In the future, please feel free to send futures queries to: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/

Cheers,
    --- Automerge ---
    Hi Sweminime,

Is it possible that you accidentally deleted these save files? Our servers are designed not to do this.

Cheers

7. blkandwhtlion Trainee Engineer

The "rare" exploding care issue was certainly not rare for me. So glad that is reported as fixed, I'll reload the save right before my car rockets into the air and see if it still does!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Hi blkandwhtlion,

Have fun and please let us know if you experience any issues via: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers

Cheers! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrattiestSum3 Trainee Engineer

so i had an idea for a feature in space engineers.

so basically the idea is to add terraforming into the game. maybe not in the solar system map but in a new map with different planets and with different challenges to overcome.
    i personally think it would be a nice feature, and maybe it would bring even more people to play the game.

10. Harbinger Ace Trainee Engineer

That topic has come up many times before. The main issue with such a feature is that the amount of processing power terraforming would consume. This doesn't even begin to mention how the gaming engine would never be able to handle the coding necessary to perform terraforming of any planets.

For instance, if a planet were to be terraformed, said planet would need two different surface maps and voxel sets. Then, every single voxel, including warped ones, would need to be overridden by a world script. Assuming the gaming engine would even begin this process, the strain on a CPU would allow someone to burn an egg on it in only a few seconds.

11. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I lost access to any computer just prior to the release of 1.187 so my last best saves are from 1.186 so I'm always curious about how well 1.187 treats older version saves.

I just hope I can get my hands on a computer before 1.188 comes out :woot:

12. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

when will the "stupid" nonsenseless and very unsmart "mod dependencies loading" removed or at last optional ???
    It still loads in the "last update" mods I HAVe NOT sUBSCRIPED - THAT ARE dONT NEEDED (i have self modded over 100mods - I KNOW THIS) and that are make the game less stable - a nice keen "idea" as always ...
    All other (that i know...) Steam games with workshop have the dependencies shown ON the workshop clear and leave the rest to the user ...
    keen act like M$ with windows - ".... we exactly know what you will, before you know it .........." - and fail in the same way ....

13. DCam2016 Trainee Engineer

What does that even mean? It's like random letters were just vomited onto the screen :stare:

14. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Oh god... This is... probably the most difficult post to reply for me... Can't think of anything (longer than just few words) that would sound serious and professional... So much things I could poke into...
    How would automatic message-bot reply...

Dear @R-TEAM,

when a mod A has some mods (mods A1, A2, ..., An,) in mod dependencies, it means A depends on them -> mods A1, A2, ..., An are required for A to function properly, function at all, or author decided that he wants them included with mod A.
    In any case, there is probably a reason why author decided to to put A1...An into dependencies and you can either
    1. respect it and use the mod A with A1...An
    2. don't use the mod A
    3. discuss it with author of mod A
    4. create your own mod similar in function to A, but without mods A1...An
    5. Many other options-I-have-no-time-to-list-as-there-are-too-many-of-them
    So, here are few things to think about. Nevertheless thanks for your feedback, but for future feedback I would recommend using our feedback site.

Sincerely,
    Petr

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

@Petr Beranek
    thans for the answer ....

the mods of question (where will be loaded without i subscribe it or have it in the sava game mods list...) are :
    Energy Shields Modid=484504816
    Aerodynamic Physics (Deadly Reentry + Drag + Flight) Modid=571920453

Both mods are in NO dependencie of ANY other mod ..
    None of this mods ID is in ANY save file (even in other places as the mod list ..)
    With the last patch you have corrected already bugs in the "dependencie" code ... before it have loaded mods where i have only picture mods for the LCD in the game and it have additionaly loaded the mod where use the pictures ....

But to answer to your listet points :
    1. the mods that give me trouble have "NO" "A" mod ....... (end even if, it should on the player to decide this ! - on all other games with workshop integration, it is on the player to add the req mods that are clear listed on the steam workshop place - i dont think the SE players are more stupid and cant use this simply system ..)
    2. IF the mod i use, should have an dependencie, then this is a "wise" advice
    3. as the mods have no dependencie, it is hard to use this with sense ...
    4. i have already doing this ! I use forks of the 2 mods in question, and i have it already checked twice - in both mods is NO reference of the original mod steam id left - in not one file ..
    5. .... as i have write on point 1 - i think anyway this was an bad move to implement this function ...

Regards

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. R-TEAM Junior Engineer

Hi,
    @Petr Beranek
    I apologize ...
    The error for this happen, was on my end (an oversee ...)

Then next, the thing that bother me most ATM (after an quick testing of the server ..) is, the planets/Moons are STILL different rendered as in singleplayer ......
    From Earth, it is only the Earth Moon and the mars visible - The mars moon, Alien Planet + Moon are still not rendered ....
    I would like to place more planets/moons in the map (further away as the alien planet..) but this make no sense no can see it, or know his existance ..
    This sould configurable, view distance for planets/moons on servers (as in singleplayer, it is still all visible IMHO ..)

Regards

17. odizzido Junior Engineer

Does anyone else seem to have a huge memory leak when you mine+eject ore. I don't know if it's the voxel changes or if it's the ejecting of ore but it eats all my ram in no time.

18. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Why is it that when I shoot at Warheads with ship weapons and player held weapons the Warhead no longer "actually" explodes, it just disappears and plays an explosion sound and a small little explosion effect?

I used to use the rifle to explode warheads... why was this changed? was it intentional?

19. Malware Master Engineer

@KissSh0t Are the warheads armed? Only armed warheads will blow up.

20. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I didn't know about this at all and I have so many hours in the game I feel like an idiot *facepalm*

When was this changed? I used to be able to just shoot them after pasting them in / building them and they would explode, I guess this is some kind of safety feature for carrying them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Malware Master Engineer

Months ago.

22. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Just remembered this :woot:

https://forums.keenswh.com/threads/...shot-makes-explosion-sound-when-shot.7392534/

I guess that was when they were in the process of making the changes.

23. Tau Trainee Engineer

Keep up the good work keen.