Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important Update 1.187 - Major Overhaul of Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I missed you, Drui!

2. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. odizzido Junior Engineer

Cool. After the next few minor patches are done I might give SE another go online.

4. Prof.Liebstrumpf Trainee Engineer

"Spawn into targeted container" not working (not dedicated)
    have to spawn stuff in front of me and put them in

5. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, as with any major update there are many bugs, so I guess we have to wait a bit for the fixes.

6. chrisb Senior Engineer

First option: So, we enable experimental mode (now to be called, unofficially, 'broken mode') and all the guarantees of any good game-play we might have got now, or in the future, goes out the window.. Case of not my fault 'gov', games broken..
    All those things you introduced before todays date, don't neccesarily work, or will ever work properly.

Second option: We disable experimental, your way of getting out of this broken mess and all those features we could enable or disable are gone. We play a sort of vanilla type vanilla, but hey, you can do that in MP.... :mad:

Is there airtightness in the non experimental mode ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Prof.Liebstrumpf Trainee Engineer

Safe Zones shitty broken too...
    * disabling shooting in safe zone -> fly into safe zone and try to shooting. -> fly out of safe zone and your ship is permamently in a "safe zone" (can't shoot anymore)

8. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Spawned a copy of a the default pirate HQ and attempted to transfer ownership to pirates for combat testing and the game immediately crashed. loaded a duplicate copy of the world to see if perhaps it was that world file, same thing happens again. don't know if it's because it was spawned into the voxel of the planet or just something with the station/ownership itself as the world won't stay up long enough for me to do much of anything. So far one of my space maps with my giant starbase is uneffected. That's the bad that I see going on at the moment.

As for some of the good now. I've picked up a ton of sim speed again which is great. seems a bit smoother when it's running good. The small grid gatling guns for fighters feel like they've picked up a massive boost to firing rate which is interesting. Like the new menu and the ability to custom tailor block limits better. So far I like what I see and I'm sure it will be even better once the crashing issues and such are ironed out.

Also is that planet driller on the workshop? :woot:

9. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Getting into your space ship after a new update to see where klang will kill you next.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Phattty3 Trainee Engineer

Marek, you've always seemed very quiet and shy. Now you look proud and exhume confidence in your product. You've started a whole new genre of game as far as i can see. Maybe my love hate relationship with Space Engineers is about to become a lot more love

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Fixed rocks on planets only being iron?

I thought that was a deliberate design choice lol it made sense to me. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. pr0n Trainee Engineer

What happened to the DedicatedServer.zip file?!?

13. chrisb Senior Engineer

In the 'new' 'vanilla of the vanilla' mode (you know, non broken version).
    Do we have any control over the suns rotation ?
    Are there any random encounters ?
    Any alien spiders/wolves, not that I use them, but curious ?
    Are there any factions/pirates to encounter ?
    Any control over asteroid density ?
    Can we adjust view distance for asteroids i.e. 50km, more or less ?
    Can we still set our game to the fictional 'infinite' world, not that it worked, but hey. Or are we now back to a set game area ?
    Can we set object amounts as before ?
    Any abandoned ship/stations along the way ?
    ________

In the new 'vanilla of the vanilla' game mode, ie, your new SE game.
    Is it correct we can build just 3.5ap red ships per side ? (50,000 pcu thingies) if we choose MP ?
    What is the amount of pcu thingies are there for SP ?

Has the travel beyond a few hundred thousand km's been fixed or ever likely too ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  14. /dev/null Trainee Engineer

Quick API question, we used to be able to get inventory items names through IMyInventoryItem.Content.SubtypeName, which appears now to have been made private. Is there a replacement for that, or an approved or recommended method to access inventories? Asking because that will probably break everybodys and their grandma's inventory scripts ;)

15. Seamus Donohue Trainee Engineer

Is there someplace where I can read up on these specific features, please? I don't know what they're referring to.

16. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I think this is what you are looking for?

https://blog.marekrosa.org/2018/07/space-engineers-multiplayer-overhaul.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I hope the next iteration contains the following:

1. A unified and more refined system for spawning NPCs that's easier to use for content creators (scenarios, multiplayer, etc.).
    2. Balancing: advantages and disadvantages to operating on a planet such as production bonuses, etc... give me a reason to get involved with a planet or shuttle back and forth from space to the planet.
    3. A material cost to respawning... this would make cryo-chambers useful as well as players parking a ship out of range of your base and just spamming their character until they eventually take over your base. Perhaps an inventory slot for medical supplies in the medical room and consuming one for each respawn.

Also... if programmble blocks are experimental... what happens to NPC spawning that's dependent on programmable blocks? Or are NPC owned programmable blocks not counted as experimental?

18. Dabombinable Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately running the dedicated server counts as running the game itself, meaning that no matter what I do I can't actually join the server that I'm hosting on my computer after the update. And the only spare computer that I have is meant to be used to connect the the DS run on this computer. Anyone know how to revert back to 1.186? Its pointless me playing with 1.187 since it doesn't support playing over LAN.

Edit: Never mind, just install the DS via Steam CMD. Kind of renders the change in the way the DS is handled by Steam pointless as the end result is the same.

19. BloodThunder Trainee Engineer

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Seamus Donohue Trainee Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Try it. Some things have been fixed (ore detectors being shifted, LODs on planets randomly changing, pasted grid appearing elsewhere), probably not all stuff yet, as there were not much time to investigate (most of time was spent on MP). If you find anything, feel free to make list of it and post it... somewhere... probably here would be good too... As I had to relocate and create my new home in this thread. :D

22. Jarin Trainee Engineer

Now all we need is survival mechanics beyond oxygen and I'll have everything I ever wanted from this game. Awesome work, folks!

23. lyle sonders Apprentice Engineer

Excited about this update until i loaded my game to find my station I have been working on for the last month and several of my large ships missing from my world. loaded game in setoolbox and they show up in the list, made copies and exported them but they will not load in game or paste from a blue print. Now back to square one what a let down.

back dated to previous version but none of my worlds or backups will load

24. J.R. Ewing Trainee Engineer

Cool, magnetic boots staying locked even if ship is rotationg. Finaly, I do not need any gravity in my ship.

25. F15RegalEagle Trainee Engineer

Whatever happened to that handgun from an update teaser from way back?

26. Malware Master Engineer

@F15RegalEagle If I remember correctly - and I may not - that handgun wasn't really supposed to be teased. It was a part of an old VR experiment long ago. It was never supposed to be added to SE. You should take this info with a pinch of salt...

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Mikiy Trainee Engineer

Haven't had a chance to test yet, but the videos look amazing.. i hope the survival aspect of the game gets some love next to be more then just an oxygen simulation.
    The mentioning of MMO in the vrage paragraph of the blog is kinda scary, i hope SE2 (if there were such a thing..) isn't going to be a MMO.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. F15RegalEagle Trainee Engineer

I understand, I'm just hopeful about it. I kinda always wanted pistol of some kind. thanks tho

29. PandaTv Trainee Engineer

[MEDIA = youtube] aWjgzy4HO1U [/ MEDIA]

ich love the crash and i can not host game give crash :wütend:

30. Petr Beranek Developer Staff

Yep, seem to happen. Thanks, QA are now ticketing it. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.