Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 1.188.1 – Minor Improvements

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! Today's minor update brings you more improvements in Airtightness, UI and Scripts. There are also bunch of fixes for issues found by our community. Thanks for reporting them - it really helps us locate and fix everything!

If you want to help, please visit our new support page and make a report: https://support.keenswh.com/

image13.png

New features and changes from the support site
    • Airtightness
      • Added missing airtightness tags for blocks that did not have it defined
    • Blueprint screen
      • Added automatically selecting newly created blueprint
    • UI
      • Added navigation by arrow keys to blueprint screen
      • Improved color coding for block rotation hints cube

New features and changes
    • Security
      • Added security checking for distance and ownership
      • Added server-side checking for specific actions not being called by a client
      • Improved checking for player rights associated with player ranks
      • Improved kicking of banned players
      • Improved security when deciding whether player has access to block, grid
    • UI
      • Added thumbnails on mouse-over in blueprint screen when thumbnails are hidden in the list
      • Improved spawn menu screen
    • Voxels
      • Added new asteroid density setting (Lowest) to advanced world settings
      • Improved voxel deformations in head-on collisions
    • Workshop
      • Added NPC tag for mods
    Rank System Rules

Fixes from the support site
    • Airtightness
      • Fixed airtightness not being precise at supported far away coordinates
      • Fixed door being airtight while not fully closed/open
    • Multiplayer
      • Fixed antennas and beacons not being synced beyond sync distance
      • Fixed connector disconnecting on player reconnect
      • Fixed handbrake status not being properly synchronised to players
    • Render
      • Fixed ghosted texts on LCDs
    • Gameplay
      • Fixed connectors disconnecting when the grid lost power for one frame
      • Fixed connectors disconnecting on save/reload
    • Scripts
      • Fixed programmable block being compiled in preview or in projection
    • UI
      • Fixed control menu allowing access to admin screen without permission
      • Fixed block hints for previous block showing up when current block does not have a hint
      • Fixed connected inventories not remembering local/connected
      • Fixed HUD elements showing up after reload when they should be hidden
      • Fixed information not showing up about items that can be picked up when control hints are turned off
      • Fixed only small ship variant description appearing in G screen, regardless what size was selected
      • Fixed rotor angle not showing up at all times
      • Fixed typos in advance world settings tooltips
      • Fixed workshop screen unnecessarily refreshing content when sorting and a thumbnail issue
      • Fixed wrong world name of Easy start space when launched as a lobby from scenarios
    • Voxels
      • Fixed inconsistent sync and view distances for procedural asteroids on DS or Lobby
      • Fixed multiple types of ice not being detected by ore detector
      • Fixed ore detector not detecting ores in specific ranges
    • Workshop
      • Fixed mod workshop title getting renamed to folder name every time the mod was updated
    Fixes
    • Airtightness
      • Fixed passenger seat being airtight
    • Camera
      • Fixed clipping with hand tools when crouching in first person view
    • Misc
      • Fixed suspension jump remaining charged when control of the vehicle was released
    • Multiplayer
      • Fixed procedural asteroids not being properly removed for all clients across the server
    • Physics
      • Fixed dynamic grid vs static grid deformation
      • Fixed grid deformation in head on collision with voxel
    • Render
      • Fixed shadows culling as if they were seen only from light source's point of view
      • Fixed solar panel bottom edges being rendered over everything
    • Security
      • Fixed admins of a lobby not being able to kick players
      • Fixed bulk changes to sharing access setting affecting even blocks you did not have access to
    • Skins
      • Fixed skin crafting for tokens actually requiring one token more than advertised
    • UI
      • Fixed autosave happening while attempting quick reload
      • Fixed blueprint screen readjusting the list after searching and selecting
      • Fixed character getting killed due to Yes being selected when trying to cancel cockpit removal by pressing Esc
      • Fixed double-click not doing intuitive actions in several UI screens
      • Fixed faces of block rotation hints cube changing layers when moving at higher speeds causes "stardust effect"
      • Fixed Good.bot hints not disappearing when disabling them
      • Fixed rotation hints cube being rendered in layer under safezone
      • Fixed tooltip for auto-healing not reflecting the new airtightness functionality

22/11/2018
    Hotfix 1.188.104

- Fixed various crashes
    - Fixed various Security issues

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

You fixed the spastically flashing lighted objects issue!!! Oh, yes, hallelujah!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I gravel at your feet!

{UPDATE: Looking and moving around more carefully I've noticed that lighted objects don't spastically flicker as badly as before; however, lighted objects (e.g., floors) still cycle on-and-off-and-on when moving near lights. (The lights themselves don't flash on-and-off.)}

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. nukeguard Trainee Engineer

Thank you for this one!!

4. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

"Fixed ore detector not detecting ores in specific ranges"

While this is apparently true, the small block ore detector (maximum range 50m) when set to 25m still detects ore at 90m.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Timotei~ Apprentice Engineer

I welcome this long list of fixes with open arms.:)
    Keep up your good work Keen!:tu:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AlexDenton Trainee Engineer

My blueprints are not creating the groups after welding the blocks, the bluprint has like 5 groups but after completing welding there is no group. Help pls.

7. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Yeay! Curren angle works again!? So cool, need to download this one no matter how much it's gonna cost! Lot of fixes, good job :-D.

Edit: I confirm current angle works again. Tkank you for that, now I can finish functional wheel transtainer, yeay!

Edit2: Crapp current angle value is not updating if rotor is not viewed in terminal :-(. It sucks, cheering up in vein. Half of my fleet depands on it, at least 1000 hours will be wasted if it will not get back to pervious behavior.

I guess I'll have to get back to building stuff simple as brick, with limited automations and more yellow sensors, BTW, do they really have to be so outstanding - not paintable?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  8. DCam2016 Trainee Engineer

SMH More bugs, connectors, blueprints, groups... sigh .... it would be nice to be able to see the engines firing too...

9. Spaceman Spiff Apprentice Engineer

Why does SE always start in third-person view now? (Or do I have a case of the dumb?)

10. mojomann71 Junior Engineer

Saw was another minor update today, now all of my worlds when I have tried to launch them are at endless loading screens........:?

Yes I know this isn't the place to report bugs, but Keen too lazy to read them here and I am too lazy creating an account and logging into another forum..... :p

11. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

22/11/2018
    Hotfix 1.188.104

- Fixed various crashes
    - Fixed various Security issues

12. WoYo-Sensei Trainee Engineer

Is the newest update is on Steam already or is it something wrong with my DS? Every time when I'm trying to update to x.x.104 the SteamCMD says that app was updated successfully and yet on my server still shows x.x.103 version.

13. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for the update, but as a request could you please continue listing specific details on crashes. I really like to know what was fixed as I watch for those on my DS and will report if there are still any issues with fix or it leads to another bug. "Fixed various crashes" is just a bit under the detail you usually post! Thanks again for keeping us timely informed.

14. Keith Stevens Trainee Engineer

I read that you made the fix to the blue prints and scripts in the programable block. However, I'm still not able to view or even access any of my scripts old or newer ones I've recently subscribed to on Steam. In addition, my blue prints aren't being saved either. When I attempt to use a programable block or blue print, the game freezes and I'm forced to restart my entire PC. Please make the fix and update the community! I also have some ideas for newer engineers who are programmer challenged. It would be cool for the game if there was an option for people who struggle with programming, or are in the process of learning, to have an option that would turn on some of the more popular scripts that make the game really fun (i.e. homing missiles, shields, laser turrets, or even mining drones to fetch resources for you.) I really enjoy this game and look forward to all the exciting things it can produce. I'm in the process of learning C# and I have some really cool ideas to make this game super fun.

Thank you.

Keith

15. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

I guess this is the new thing to do.

16. NoThanks Apprentice Engineer