Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Important Update 1.189 - Major Overhaul of Survival, Ladders, Leaving Early Access

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Giving you one last chance on account of this keen, but tbh - I will /never/ buy another KHS Product EVER again after my experience with SE even if I like the end product. You pissed me off beyond the final time before - and though it's largely pointless - I am willing to give you one last chance now that we're at the end of the line. But honestly? What do you care? You ruined the game for people who could play it in the past - and I'm not holding out hopes for anything at this point - my advice? Stay off my block. I don't want to see you ever again.

Edit After Playing:

I stand corrected - You did an Excellent Job of Reviving this game. I just wish you hadn't torn our relationship apart before giving the all clear to listen to the woes of your gamers.

Well Done, Keen. Keep this up and I might just buy another KSH Product - admittedly only once it's actually OUT of Early Access.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

Uh. Unreasonably hostile much? You can complain all you like, but they've not done anything wrong. If you're experiencing errors, you had better have submitted support requests so they can address it, rather than just spewing toxicity. They haven't ruined anything. My guess? you have a low quality computer and can't run newer things.

That's on you. Not them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TheReaperofSouls Trainee Engineer

Okay i guess i'll try posting this again. Anyway here is the before and after all in survival with no mods [​IMG] and after [​IMG]

4. Ravenal Apprentice Engineer

Why take uranium off planets? That seems to be kind of logically stupid when planets would probably have higher amounts than say a moon or asteroid. What would make logical sense is to make it more "rare" or like deeper into the planet from the surface to where it would require deep mining and what not. Maybe make it so that uranium ore is processed into uranium ingot like it currently does. Then via through the assembler you must make 'uranium rods' that would in term produce radiation (of course adding radiation would be good too) and then over time as it consumes the rods it becomes nuclear waste which by itself is radioactive and has no effect. You would need to properly dispose it in nuclear waste barrels and then from there having to many in an area will increase the radiation to lethal levels requiring more improved suits. Of course this would require more work on your guys end for vanilla. But yet someone could make this mod too if given the ability with the modding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Malware Master Engineer

Then what's with the people who's reporting loss of items? On discord too. Usually - it seems - DS related?

6. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

The small battery is very nice but it needs to be accompanied by a 1x1x1 merge block so players can make missiles for small ships.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  7. Inflex Developer Staff

@Malware @TheReaperofSouls That looks like a bug. That's not how it's supposed to be :(
    Pls open ticket and attach your world there. And increase your inventory multiplier for now.

8. Cetric Junior Engineer

Seems to me the welder, when just being held and not welding, is clipping through something I tend to believe is my engineer's body, at least the end of the tool becomes invisible when pointing upwards.
    However, as I have the mod in use which manipulates your arms and hands (interaction), maybe it's because of this mod. Will have to check other tools; grinder, firearm.

EDIT:
    Ignore this post. Handheld tools are fine again. I tried new world with unpacked mods for turning them local before this update, must have messed up something with graphics.
    Took away local folders and everything is fine again.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  9. Serge_WFF Trainee Engineer

Hello!

There are problems on the operation of engines. I thought she would decide to upgrade, but she was left unsolved.

Energy consumption of Atmospheric Thrusters is different with the use of dampers "Z" and without them using the interception of thrust.

With an increase in altitude, the power of Atmospheric Thrusters drops and the power consumption decreases proportionally when the "Z" is pressed and the “W_S_A_D_SPACE” button is used. But when using interception thrust, set the constant thrust of the Thruster - its power drops, and the energy consumption remains the same.

For example:

If you hang in the air, even at a low altitude of 100m above the ground: with a quencher "Z", the reactor produces 300 kW; and with the interception of constant thrust (via the control panel or the keys “Increase-Reduce the interception of thrust”, 450 kW of power is required to maintain the height. And the greater the height, the greater the difference.

At the same time, in order to gain altitude in the economy mode - you cannot simply set the interception of the optimal thrust and gently gain altitude at a constant speed - you have to press the “SPACE up” button with pulses when the speed drops. This is not convenient, not realistic, but consumes less energy in the game.

The drop in power with the height of real atmospheric engines is compensated by turbo-supercharging to certain limits, but when the atmosphere is low, the productivity of the propellers and blades of the turbines also decreases. And the following happens: the engine power and fuel consumption are reduced due to less fuel mixture entering the engine, but the need for more power increases due to a drop in screw performance. It is described in the scientific literature.
    With ion Thrusters I assume - the same.

Hydrogen Thrusters are fine.

And I also noticed a problem that was not there before the upgrade: the generated power of the reactors in the control panel is incorrectly displayed after the application of interception thrust by engines. If you turn off one reactor and turn it back on, the readings become correct.

I will wait for the correction of these not significant shortcomings.

Thanks in advance, Sergey.

10. Vicizlat Apprentice Engineer

Nice update overall, but what did you do to Advanced Door Subparts? They are so slippery now, every ramp door mod is now turned into a slide. As soon as you step on the subpart you slide down uncontrollably.

11. DON78 Trainee Engineer

anyoneelse has the problem, that the singleplayer dumps unfreaquently when drilling?

2019-03-01 16:41:37.058 - Thread: 1 -> GC Memory: 2,846,802,088 B
    2019-03-01 16:41:48.085 - Thread: 1 -> Exception occured: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at hkJobQueue.processAllJobs(hkJobQueue* , Boolean )
    at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.StepWorldsParallel()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.StepWorlds()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.SimulateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Physics.MyPhysics.Simulate()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.UpdateComponents()
    at Sandbox.Game.World.MySession.Update(MyTimeSpan updateTime)
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
    at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
    at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
    at SpaceEngineers.MyProgram.Main(String[] args)

First thought it would apear when saving, but now it always pops up when drilling for a minute or two :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Kieran Trainee Engineer

Can anyone direct me to a place or provide valid information on how to get respawn ships added to the respawn list?
    The mod has no errors that I can tell, however, it seems like there needs to be another file added to assign the prefabs to the respawn list.
    I can't seem to figure out where that would be. Your help would be great thanks.

13. Allammo Apprentice Engineer

Finally! I'm wandering how many of my complex designs will fall aparat. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it for long time. Shame update hasn't been relised 5 days earlier when I was at home... Perhaps this is a good thing, within 2 next months you will probably catch most of annoying bugs, other will suffer so I wouldn't have to ;-). Cheers!

14. Iskaroth Trainee Engineer

Awesome patch I like the ladders. Next logical step would be compound blocks for functional & decorative reasons. The medieval engineers team has the code so would implementation be much easier.

15. Inflex Developer Staff

@Kieran Locate file <GameInstallPath>/Content/Data/RespawnShips.sbc
    There is info about respawn ships the game should use along with their configuration and criteria for space and planets. It's pretty self explanatory, so take a look, copy it into your mod and adjust based on your needs.

If you have any question feel free to DM on Discord.

16. id3dteen Trainee Engineer

@Inflex I just wanted to make a quick suggestion/question for SE. Is there a way to have different/changeable key bindings for Connectors, landing gear ,or Wheels(parking brake). Or atleast have the ability to toggle form a cockpit what is enabled for the all powerful P key can do.

I just noticed that it is still a very minor issue that could cause the wrath of lord clang!

• Late Late x 1
  17. Inflex Developer Staff

We kinda run out of keys on the keyboard to make the controls more granular :)

Go to terminal, select blocks you want to control, make a groups, drag that group to your cockpit's hotbar, control separately whatever blocks you want. Tada....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

Definitely not a fan of Uranium being outright removed from planets. Making it super abundant in space while only having extremely limited trace amounts on the planets would still have given a reason to go into space, especially if you want to farm the stuff in any meaningful amounts. Also could have been an opportune time to rework meteors so that they have a chance to leave behind trace amounts of uranium in their impact craters so at least then there would be a good reason to use meteor showers. But I digress as that's getting into a whole other can of worms entirely.

With that said I like what I see. Also ALL OF MY YES the thrusters got a significant buff. Small batteries for small grids, again ALL OF MY YES. This opens up some significant options in building without having to use such super huge batteries now. Not to mention ladders, again yes please. About the only things that could have made this better would have been a small grid jump drive, programmable blocks coming out of experimental mode, or something super insane like Stargates getting added lols.

yall did extremely well with this update. Just when I thought I was running out of ideas for certain builds you guys bring something like this out. yall are evil geniuses I swear. Look forward to seeing what else you guys do with this game now that it's officially out of early access. Very glad to see the game has finally left early access. You guys at Keen really worked your butts off on this game and I'm glad to see it's come as far as it has. Congrats to you guys at the offices.

19. Virtualmagic73 Apprentice Engineer

I think it's good the way it is. I was just about to remove uranium from the planets for my server mod. Space Engineers is a bit too easy for my taste. That's why I've

1. deactivated the 3rd person view
    2. added the "Daily Needs" mod for hunger, thirst and endurance
    3. a skybox that makes the night really dark, so that you can't see anything without light
    4. NPC mods that provide a constant threat level.

This together with the changes in the last update makes the game much more interesting.

20. abnod Trainee Engineer

Dear Keen's!
    Looks like new wheel system is bugged.

I have a large venicle (about 29 mil kg) and 60 large 5x5 wheels.
    Before update driving works fine. After update it works fine only when i stay at place or just rotate wheels.
    When start moving in some direction i have strong freezes for some time until the speed of the transport reaches certain values — approximately in the range between 0 and 5 m/s.
    Then if i move just forward all works fine, but if i try make a turn i have freezes again when speed drops under ~5/m. =(

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  21. Pyromaniacal Trainee Engineer

the enable autorespawn checkbox is not accessible for worldsaves made before this update.

22. Hauth Trainee Engineer

Can't feasibly play on keen servers when the floating objects limit is so low. When 16 players are hand drilling, they're spawning enough ore pickups that before I can pick up my stone, they begin to disappear.

23. Cetric Junior Engineer

Voxel hand menu is accessible via k-key, not ctr+h as user interface writes.

24. Jonas Schiller Trainee Engineer

Hey guys,
    does someone know how to find Uranium after the new patch? Me and my friend searches a whole time but we found nothing only iron, nickel, ...!
    Edit: We have searched on asteroids!

25. Beartornado Trainee Engineer

Did Marek himself come out and stab your mother? Good grief pump the angst brakes son, if you've got unbridled rage save it for one of the toxic publisher giants like EA or Activision that are literally destroying AAA gaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

27. captainbladej52 Apprentice Engineer

To each their own as far as mods go. If that's what you enjoy then by all means.

Having only trace amounts present on the planets would allow only for very brief use of a reactor. Ideally folks would only have enough to help break orbit or power a few initial systems, but not both. Even here on Earth we have trace amounts of hard to find metals and elements such as Iridium being just one example. I simply think the same should be true for SE.

As for the hunger and thirst stuff, if that's what you enjoy then again by all means do so. I personally have never cared for that sort of thing in this game. To me it would make SE just a generic creative/survival game at that point. To me if I wanted to farm for food I would just go play Minecraft or Ark Survival. If folks like the idea of hunger and thirst then cool, folks like what they like. Otherwise for me that would be a hard pass as it would detract too much from the actual engineering focus of the game.

For the NPC mods I'll have to consider hitting some of those up to make my world a bit more lively perhaps.

28. Cetric Junior Engineer

You folks noticed we have now not only an oxygen indication but also for warmth? Status is "freeze", "cold" or "warm" - I hope that is the beginning of more fleshing out of this. Earlier I mentioned somewhere I could imagine heating goes along with heated air which is also providing breathing atmosphere, but now I see there is room for more. :) Like heater or acclimatisation blocks you need for larger rooms to keep the deadly temperatures of space or life-hostile planets away from you. Or something to convert thruster-heat as an otherwise useless or even harmful byproduct into useful warmness in your quarters.

29. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Cetric yes it was mentioned in the live stream about the temp readings. When freezing or hot you use more energy etc. Warm keeps the energy consumption where it was before we had the temp readings. :)

30. Cetric Junior Engineer

So there is even a overdosis to it... "hot". I did not reach that yet, so I did not know there is another level of heat in game. But interesting they thought into both directions of the extreme, too cold and too hot, with related bad effects.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.