Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 1.190 - Customizable LCD Screens, Replay Tool, and Decorative Pack

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Apr 8, 2019.

1. SileniusFF Apprentice Engineer

Yep. I remember how it used to look. Of course visuals have changed many times during development. DX11 brought changes , block and visuals update made some radical changes again etc. All part of normal development process.

From what i've seen in game and read from Marek Rosa, he does have his distinct vision how game should look. And this is a good thing to have (as someone who has worked with designers couple of decades it is easy to recognise).
    So from that i also believe that SE was never meant to have shiny 80-s sci-fi look (which has come back in current century to extent where one cant see much behind all those lens flares ;) . All that is good.

And frankly whether freshly built blocks should look pristine or not does not matter that much. As game mechanic "wear and tear" probably would be lot of work and little effect to gameplay. Blocks can look "used" and have scratches and still be fine.

To clarify - my point that it is "bit too much" currently has to do with modular nature of building in SE - all builds are made of blocks. While few blocks together could look fine with lots of ""scratch and dirt", larger builds will suffer if visual noise it too overwhelming.
    I was just surprised it was changed now, since after many tweaks over the years it seemed that balance was achieved by release.

2. sepen_ Trainee Engineer

It really does, thank you. I thought I maybe had missed something with the old text system, but being built around sprites, I just have to dig deeper into the new update. And your example makes that much easier. Sweet.

3. Iamiseri Trainee Engineer

First time posting, long time lurker.

I have to say this has been a great boon, as I've only ever played vanilla, and would've tooted on the fact that not giving decorative blocks a chance while waiting in a very Bethesda style for the community to fix these gaps is a tad iffy (although understandable when there are more important features to fix.)

This has scratched an itch to bring me back to the game to design something new with the revamped survival. Easiest decision to buy at this price tag. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1