Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update a script from a different computer

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by BobbySix, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BobbySix Trainee Engineer

Hey everyone,

It's not exactly a programming but a workshop publishing question.

When in create a script in a computer A, I can of course download it on a computer B by the workshop but when I try to modify it I can't publish it in the same workshop object even if I download it with the same Steam account.
    It seem that the script ownership is not linked to the Steam account.

Maybe the link is in a file ?

2. Sinus32 Trainee Engineer

I'm think you can publish only your local scripts that are stored in %appdata%\SpaceEngineers\IngameScripts\local directory.

Also I'm think that you would be able to update your script from computer B if you first copy it from computer A. You have to copy the whole script directory %appdata%\SpaceEngineers\IngameScripts\local\<your_script_name_here> and make sure that it contains at least three files: "Script.cs", "thumb.png" and "modinfo.sbmi". The file "modinfo.sbmi" is an xml file and keeps information about the corresponding script in the workshop. I'm pretty sure that without this file, you won't be able to update an existing published script.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gothosan Junior Engineer

or for that matter you won't be able to update any other thing you published to the workshop..

4. BobbySix Trainee Engineer

K, it's what i feared.

Thx :?

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

It is very easy to recreate the .SBMI file - it is simply an ASCII text file with five lines :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <MyObjectBuilder_ModInfo xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <SteamIDOwner>7656119899999999</SteamIDOwner>
    <WorkshopId>1361000000</WorkshopId>
    </MyObjectBuilder_ModInfo>

The two numbers are your Steam ID64 number and the workshop mod identity number, and both are easily found. The Owner ID must also match the ID used to log into steam and update the mod.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.