Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Uploading to workshop keeps failing, leaves... residue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MorshuArtsInc, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Hello there.
    I've recently done some cool creations (one completely vanilla, one containing mod items) I wanted to share, but every time I try publishing them to the Workshop, it loads a while, and eventually says the upload failed.
    Also, every upload attempt leaves these weird artifacts here:
    [​IMG]
    They're completely empty. No title, no description, no pictures. And probably no blueprint.
    I've tried pasting my builds into my world. Worked perfectly fine.
    I tried a new world, no mods at all, and tried to upload from there. Still fails.
    Any idea?

2. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

The thumb could be to big. (If you have any.) You could be temporary banned on steam or not jet fully autoritized. (They have cool-down times.) Maybe delete the mod metatadata and smbi and try again.

3. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Hey,

Did you have a look on the steam side of things since this sounds more workshop related issue than ME issue. I tried uploading a few worlds,blueprints and saves and it worked fine for me. From where are you trying to publish? From in-game right?

4. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

It could be Steam-side, but I have successfully uploaded blueprints and worlds in the past. It must have stopped working sometime last month (after January 21), and I don't know what I could have done wrong... Maybe my account ran out of space? Which would be weird, because there's not too much there that could take up space...
    Did I get hacked? VAC-banned for obscure reasons?

5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

how big is the title and description.

I number 2 you not when i tried upload a mod for starbound i got a useless error code that helped me in no way at all.
    after a while and many tries i learned the hard way the description was too long.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

For me the publishing and uploading is working so i would go see any steam forums concerning issues that resemble yours.

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

@MorshuArtsInc I've an idea.
    if @I23I7 if willing something that could be tried is if you send him the file, and title/description and see if hes able to upload it.
    I'm still thinking somewhere along the lines it might be title too long, description too big, i doubt about file size being too big.
    perhaps a single character the upload doesn't like.
    if all else fails i'd say try the old fashioned turn it off and on....well in this sense.
    paste the blueprint then create a new blueprint off it and try to upload that.

8. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

The description cannot be the problem, as you can only apply a description to a blueprint AFTER it has been uploaded to the workshop. The titles I chose aren't that long either, at least I have successfully uploaded blueprints that had longer names in the past.
    But I'll try the off-and-on-again tactic when I get home this weekend. Maybe my creative world got somehow corrupted lately by all these mods.

9. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

If it doesnt work uploading to drop box and giving us the link will let use try uploading from our end to see if its a local problem or a problem with the blueprint or really a bug in our system for refusing your blueprint to be uploaded.

10. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Alright now, I tried uploading a blueprint which was completely build in my vanilla world, and it worked. Pasting, re-blueprinting and uploading one of the blueprints (the one without modded blocks) in question did not help for some reason.
    I'll do some more testing.
    --- Automerge ---
    A-HA! I have yet another case. Again, a large grid vanilla stucture, and again containing movable parts with catch blocks. Maybe that's the problem? The mix of static large grids and movable, but connected small grid parts?
    Anyway, here's the dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyzobeijjkmxrt9/Questionable blueprints.zip?dl=0
    Hope I'm doing this right. (The DaVinci-esque Tank requires the balloon mod, btw)

11. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Well for me i fail to load the blueprint i made a report for it. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for looking into it.
    I should add another important piece of information regarding the DaVinci-esque Tank:
    I did successfully upload it to the workshop sometime prior to January 21st and set it to private because I wanted to prepare a video showcase with a friend, but never came around to do it.
    Because I feared it to get lost in the depths of the workshop, I deleted it and tried to reupload it later, around the time I also tried to upload the Mortello Tower blueprint (sometime around February 1st). I had not altered the blueprint of the Tank in the meantime in any way (if I remember correctly), so it should actually be the same blueprint as when I initially successfully uploaded it.

So in conclusion: It once worked, but now doesn't anymore for some reason.

13. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Do you still have the link for that uploaded tank?

14. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

No, as I completely deleted it from the workshop. But its blueprint that I put inside the zip folder I send you via Dropbox should still be the exact same as when I first uploaded it.

15. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Right so currently its attached to the report for it to get fixed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.