Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[US] Dedicated 24/7 [Speed Mod] - Yggdrasil World Tree

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Kamikazie, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kamikazie Trainee Engineer

Hi everyone,

We have been running for a week or two now with planets and wanted to share our success with you. Our server hits 20 people nightly and stays at a 1.0 server sim speed. We added 10 more slots to now be 30 person and wanted to share the good news with you.

How to Join
    In the steam client click on
    View > Servers
    Favorites Tab
    Right Click and add server by IP Address and enter "192.223.29.72:27016"
    Server is now on your favorites in and out of game.
    You can also quick connect by putting this in your web browser address bar:
    steam://connect/192.223.29.72:27016

Cleanups
    We now have automatic scrips. The scrips will remove any time certain conditions are met. There will be a chat warning of it coming and tell you why. All you need to do to prevent it is satisfy the requirement.
    1) Respawn ships are removed twice a day at 3am and 3pm.
    2) Grids without beacons will get removed. This will run whenever there are more then 25 grids on the server without a beacon.
    3) No power will be removed daily at 6AM EST.

New Hardware
    We now are running a full dedicated server, the hardware specs are below. We anticipate being able to run 30-40 people again. The host says it can handle 300-350 connections but... yeah right.
    Intel Xeon processor (four physical, 8 hyper threaded, 4.0 ghz cores)
    32 GB DDR3-1600 ECC memory
    240 GB SSD and 2TB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
    1Gb/s upload and download

2. Dark Rider 400 Trainee Engineer

server isnt up?

3. Kamikazie Trainee Engineer

It's been up and down for maintenance and is up for good now. The server backups and auto crash recovery scripts were fucking up.

4. MrJinx Apprentice Engineer

Hi there,
    I used to run my own server, However since its end. I've Been looking for a new play location. Been on a few servers but non with good sim speeds to give.
    Ill give you guys a connect and see how we do.
    Ill be connecting as "Dark" Tho my steam Profile has be as "Mr Jinx" -
    Do you guys have a teamspeak? or any other comms?
    -
    Thanks
    Dennis
    PS: I'm in the UK so time for me being online from easten will be around 6pm-11pm UK Weekdays (Earlyer and Longer on Weekends)
    Edit:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  5. Ced23Ric Apprentice Engineer

Kamikazie, out of curiosity: How has the simu speed been and what do you attribute your high simu speed to the most?

I have a hosted server, and I am debating on switching to a full root server myself.

6. Kamikazie Trainee Engineer

The sim with 30 people is always 1.0. I attribute this to the fact that we have our own server. We do not share cores like a virtual server does. EVen if a virtual promises the whole core you dont get it and get a large % that no other virtual uses but the root machine needs cores as well. The CPU runs at 6% usage and single core runs at like 55%. We have some really expensive ECC ram and I got a lot of it. We run the game as a RAM disk so it buffers all of into ram and then just rely on the cpu. We have a physical drive that is a SSD. We use extender and do a lot of work with rexxar in terms of testing and configuring. Arthmael is out big server guru admin and puts a ton of time into tweaking and crash troubleshooting.

We are setting up virtual machines now and going to do more servers, we could probably rent you a portion of the server. Ced23ric the biggest thing is find a good data center for the server or company with a good center. We are based out of an Internap data center in texas. The host needs a 1Gb/s or more.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.