Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[USA]25slot[Public]8byteGaming Survival 10-10-3-3_5-2-0.5 / 9 asteroids 7MB map for low lag!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tassadar, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

[USA]25slot[Public]8byteGaming Survival 10-10-3-3_5-2-0.5 / 9 asteroids 7MB map for low lag!

We have a very stable server and community that continues to grow! Come join our *no rules PvP Anarchy server ... where it is surprisingly friendly lol.

We upgraded from a control panel host to an enterprise level server a few weeks ago and now have full control over what we want on our server. In the event of a crash it auto restarts within 5 minutes, and the auto saves ARE working. Daily backups are made, and we have the server set to restart every 5 hours to do a cleanup. All ships that have a named beacon are saved from cleanup. Enjoy!

Other info:
    No cargo ships
    No meteors
    Custom small starter ship
    Custom mods enabled by well known modders (and one mod from myself)
    10x multiplier on all gatling ammo created
    Nerfed Missles and Explosives for now until Armor ray is rebalanced
    XYZ beacons at 900k

Any asteroid location info can be found at www.8bytegaming.com
    Teamspeak: ts.8bytegaming.com pass 8byte

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me on steam at 'tassox33'

2. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

People seem to love the respawn ship, and i'm impressed with how little lag there is (wasn't expecting much from a vps). Had around 11 people on earlier, would love to fill this thing up!

3. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

Had around 23 ppl on out of 25! Thanks for all of your support!
    [​IMG]

4. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

Got up to 36 players online today, love you guys! I know your reading this even if you are all silent lurkers.

5. Jacmac Apprentice Engineer

I'm curious about a 3 asteroid/50 player map. What do players do when the 3 asteroids are all mined out? How does the game play work when 20 or 30 players are all around the same asteroid?

6. artisticMink Trainee Engineer

50 players? Probably your first server.

7. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

50 slot, not 50 player cap. Either way ping perfect sh it out on us so we are moving to a non control panel host.

8. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

That is just old information as I don't check this very often. We upped it to 13 asteroids at a later date, and that was a pretty good mix of space/pvp.

9. JackedUp Trainee Engineer

The three asteroids being the main ones is actually an interesting play. They are not even close to being all mined out yet, despite at least one mining ship being there at any time. While they are fairly close to each other, there are others further out that are nearly impossible to find, unless one was to look in the right place. No, I've said too much already!

The custom spawn ship is very cool as well. We've had a few versions so far, but I think the latest one is a keeper. It's very..... different.

as far as reliability goes, this server is susceptible to the woes of ALPHA just like any other one, only on this server the admin actually posts server info on the website. Its really cool to see an admin update the players with server info several times a day, not to mention how handy it is knowing why a server crashed and whether or not anyone is aware of it.

Oh, on that note I think this server has a function where is recovers automatically from a crash, and a scheduled cleanup. Nothing is worse than massive lag from thousands of floating objects.....

10. laetra Trainee Engineer

With the Hardcore setting off, People have been spawning in "spawn ships" using the free materials to fly out in space, find bases, then make med bays. No big deal right? except they didn't have to mine the ore, make the bars, assemble the parts and risk there own ship doing so.

Still no big deal ehh? They don't lose ownership of there own materials and faction control. That is the real problem. This means I can find your base, Spawn a new ship till I get a med bay where I want it around you, Ram your stuff as much as I want with no lose to me, then fly my own ship I built back at my station made to take yours out with missiles using the free spawn ships med bays and ships incase you killed me.

This is one of those things akin to having super hack speed, or super ore refining speed.. Survival makes the game fun, Easy survival doesn't. Harder the better. Please make dying penalties much harsher and turning Hardcore mode on in survival.

11. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

Sure thing laetra, already a confirmed action we are taking.

12. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

Server is up and running on the new friday hotpatch! (Perma death is enabled btw laetra)

13. Davion1157 Trainee Engineer

Best Server, Best Admins.
    The regular restarts are awesome for lag and bug reduction. Only real problem is there are always tons of people on that can kind of strain the netcode. Also, check out 8ByteGaming.com, a really cool community.

14. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

We love you too Davion! Looks like even with the unannounced restarts (posted times on our forums but not everyone reads that) we hit 20/20 on a regular basis, which is a very good sign of thriving community ( :

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.