Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Version 1.166 - Extremely un-"stable" (w/ issues listed!)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Athalon020, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

Initial post has vanished....general summary here:

- Game locks while loading terrain, especially with buildings (large or small). Even with 5km loading distance, game will freeze on loading. Traveling closer to the surface of a planet will cause the lock to be shorter in duration. Typical locks are usually 50-90 seconds.

- When playing in a game, leaving the game and trying to load a save file again (whether the file is the same or different doesn't matter) will lock the game. All instances of this lock have lasted more than 3 minutes, all but two locks have required a hard reboot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After various attempts to get Space Engineers to lock up again, I can link most of the stuttering/freezing to terrain/grid loading and rendering. I loaded the Easy Earth Start world in creative mode and flew to the pirate bases with only the jetpack, and the game would stutter badly when loading the nearby ore refinery. As for the base that is 20+ km away, I haven't been able to make it there yet, as the game will completely lock around 7-9km away. In the few km prior to this point, the game will stutter and get progressively worse until I get to the point where the game locks.

It is behaving like it's trying to load everything all at once instead of loading what is visible while adding things in as I get closer. This world also takes about 20-40 seconds on initial load-in to stabilize while the game loads everything.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Athalon020 Trainee Engineer

Just had this occur while Task Manager was up, and the lockup took place during what appears to be a memory leak. Throughout the entire period of stuttering and freezing, 100% of RAM was in use (I have 8gb total). This specific instance occurred on the start of Campaign Mission #2, and the lockup ceased following a drop from 7.99 GB in use to 5.73 GB, which is the typical amount used during the game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.