Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Vote for UESC Contest #25 Topic

Discussion in 'General' started by Kilroy 2, Feb 23, 2016.

?

What would your preferred contest topic be

Poll closed Mar 15, 2016.
  1. Large Grid, Artillery Frigate (lots of mods)

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Large Grid, Repair/ Tow Ship (closed mod list)

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Large Grid, Orbital Supply Drop Station (Vanilla) [Planets]

21 vote(s)
    36.2%
  4. Large Grid, Artillery Frigate (Vanilla)

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Large Grid, Repair/ Tow Ship (Vanilla)

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Large Grid, Orbital Supply Drop Station (Closed Mod list) [Planets]

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

Kilroy here, since W0lfey is hosting contest #24 (starts in 5 days) and I promised i'd bring back voting for my next contest. If you have your own ideas post them below or in the contest sub group.

Thanks

Kilroy

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. E-Man720 Trainee Engineer

3. craftagent51 Trainee Engineer

if the drop station wins i'm not entering anymore :p

4. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Maybe a hybrid atmospheric/space fighter? Or has that been done before?

Edit: or hell, modded tanks would be really cool.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tripping Pug Trainee Engineer

Come on, artillery frigate!

6. PurrfectBlinky Trainee Engineer

I really do not mind any of these, but my preferences go to vanilla at this moment :3 I would also very much like the repair/tow ship... so any of the latter two are interesting to build, as they compliment what this game is currently about: Getting supplies off planet and repairing your ship after you almost destroyed it after a rotor decided to act up :D

7. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

the artillery frigate will have an open mod list for the first week. i will say however that use of the turrets will be ban. i was thinking of ships with fixed forward large weapons

think space howitzer. all other turrets will be for point defense only

8. iN5URG3NT Senior Engineer

Just an idea, why not increase the poll options and allow two responses. Three options for ships and three options for mods? I.E Somebody could pick "Artillery Frigate" and then pick "Vanilla". Yes, that is in fact what I would pick. :)

9. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

good idea

why restrict folks choice between mod and vanilla for a topic

changed poll

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aracus Senior Engineer

Resetting the votes after the changes or allowing switching our votes would be nice. My vote is suddenly locked on the wrong choice for me

11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

The hybrid atmospheric/space fighter would be cool since it involves planetary functionality which is a big feature for the last few months. That's just one person's opinion, though. I'm sure there's people itching to get away from planetary creations and back to space.

12. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

you can now change your vote after the fact

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

Personally, I don't like using the small grid. but i'd be more than willing to kick your suggestion over to my cohost w0lf3y.

14. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well, could always be fodder for a future competition.

15. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

Voted vanilla repair/tow because it serves the most purpose in game.

16. Tripping Pug Trainee Engineer

A vanilla artillery frigate wouldn't have much for armament though. Unless everyone uses player made weapons, the only vanilla large ship guns are missile pods. Doesn't seem very artillery-like to me.

17. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

vanilla would shift the artillery ship from the rail gun mods to player made torpedoes and gravity cannons. which i am all for... i have made several of them and they are always rewarding to make

• Like Like x 1
  18. GhostinshellMMS Trainee Engineer

Good old gravity cannon... how i miss them, still im slightly fed up with making weapons to destroy things, hence i voted the vanilla repair/tow ship.
    Thou i wouldn't say no to artillery if vanilla... even if its not vanilla i would limit my self to that tbh.

thou 1 thing comes to mind artillery, i wouldnt say torpedoes or any other self propelled ordinance fit the bill. rail gun and large grenades or shells is just fine.

19. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Had a lot of planetary stuff in a row now, an artillery frigate would allow people to construct for either environment (or both). Guess the tug would too but it's a fairly limited concept, artillery frigates can lead to any number of usage of PMW/Gravguns and all the clever timers, scripting and everything else that goes along with. Stock (or lightly modded) is always better than a big mods list else it just tends to become a 'who used the better looking parts' contest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

Also, what exactly is an orbital supply drop station?

21. astrocom Trainee Engineer

Yea, are we talking about a two structure system that throws/drops floating objects, or a "vehicle" with storage meant to be dropped from orbit?

22. Tristavius Senior Engineer

In some ways I guess I'm actually coming around to the supply drop a little (though I shall leave my vote with Frigate I think).

My assumption would be a low orbit space station with a mechanism for delivering/receiving goods to/from a planet (cargo drones, docking bay for dropship or similar) and probably also the ability to transfer these to a space vessel as well.

23. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

the touching nose thing does not work for me as i'm a skeleton and don't have a nose to touch

24. E-Man720 Trainee Engineer

I really like the sound of the vanilla artillery frigate. Time for some engineering *To try and be in the spirit of things cracks welders* Whoops..........

25. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

this poll will close march 15th

26. The Churrosaur Junior Engineer

ARTILLERY FRIGATE COMRADES QUICK! MOVE ALL YOUR VOTES TO MODDED AND WE CAN BEAT THE ORBITAL SUPPLY DROP PIGDOGS

• Like Like x 1
  27. plaYer2k Master Engineer

I personally would love to have a car or some actual mechanism in any such contest.
    Seeing different approaches for elevators that have at least 40m x 40m surface and can lift a weight of 5 MN. Such things would be neat.

28. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

Today is the last day for voting. I set this poll up to close at noon EST. It looks like the topic will be Orbital Supply Drop Station unless a whole bunch of people change there votes

29. Kilroy 2 Apprentice Engineer

poll closed, thank you for your input

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.