Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Voxel Hands - Alignment

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Buzzed Bear, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Buzzed Bear Apprentice Engineer

Questions:

Why don't the voxel hands have any alignment properties? Is there a way that someone could make a variation of the voxel hands to act like any other block in that you can decide what the alignment will be (grid, planetary gravity, free placement). Trying to align the voxel hands to "trim" or landscape is near impossible.

Questions 2.0:

Does anyone know of a script or way that one might be able to scan his/her mod directory and have list created of the mods located within - Steam # and published name? I have almost 1000 mods and so many of them are deprecated. Sadly when one unsubscribes from the mod, there is no option to delete the mod file. Having a list of mods would greatly speed up the process.

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Sounds like you could use the Mod List Builder.

Voxel hand control is different from block placement control. It's been a while, but I believe if you are holding the voxel hand you can hit f10 to get the voxel hand control panel which will let you control how the hand works. You can unsnap it from the grid, resize it, set its distance from you, change the transparency... lots of stuff. You have to bring up that menu to change anything and it's kind of a pain in the ass, but since voxels are not blocks they have to be handled differently.

Don't quote me on the f10. I know there's a button and it only works if you are holding the voxel hand.

3. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I think he means something that lets you control voxel hands a lot easier. The way it currently is even using the controls (Press K after you have voxel hand selected to bring up the menu.)

The way it is Voxel Hands isn't so easy to use.

4. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

K. Yes. I knew it was something. I don't play using a regular keyboard.

I don't think many people bother with voxel hands precisely because it's such a pain in the ass to use, and a lack of complaints about it means Keen never addressed the issue.

There's a mod adds a block that lets you add and remove voxels with precision. Again, I can't remember the name, but it's fairly recent. It's fairly popular though, so it shouldn't be hard to search for.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020