Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wait - I just noticed something...

Discussion in 'General' started by ViperMan, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ViperMan Junior Engineer

[​IMG]

2077... The year the bombs fell...

Fallout 4

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dreokor Senior Engineer

A little more:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. Demo Apprentice Engineer

Spoiler warning!!

Guess were the lucky few that made it into the space engineer experiment.

4. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

that's what I thought,when I started hearing all that stuff about fallout 4 and looked into it. the 2070s must be a popular year in scifi.

5. Dreokor Senior Engineer

Maybe the Space Engineer we play as was in orbit when It happened and he was like:

"I'm outa here" and thus, we play.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Demo Apprentice Engineer

My first thought was, we were given the "gecko?" was that what it was, creation device and shot into space by vault tech. Thats what the yellow ship was :p
    Garden...Of .. Eadin .. Creation.. Kit..
    Rogers voice,"OMG I did it!!" - the fact this gif dosn't exist makes me sad.

7. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

We are those fortunate enough to to have made it on the first great journey.
    The creator warned us of the great calamity and called for us to reach out to the stars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DizzyDave Trainee Engineer

Illuminati [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

The illuminatay r just Institute spies tryin to steal our teeth because they cant get artificial ones right (not a spoiler... I think). Too much mentats sorry, they tend to give me the smell. It's like the sight but you can smell things that haven't happened yet. It's mostly shit and burnt lemon peels though.

Actually looking at the time frame I wonder what kept the culture stuck to mid to late 50's. The game never properly explains it, 70 or so years pass with no real evolution of culture. Sure they have robot butlers but they still have that Stepford vibe.

10. PolarWolf Apprentice Engineer

A group of engineers, sensing impending M.A.D, decided to turn to space to survive. They/we need to carry on humanity somewhere in the stars before returning to reverse the damage done by the war.
    [​IMG]
    It's all making sense now...

11. Devon_v Senior Engineer

It's because Fallout 1 never explained exactly when things took place and kinda went with a not-so-cold-war theme playing off the b-movies at the time where nuclear readiation made giant monsters - see THEM, Godzilla, etc. Fallout 3, which was Bethesda's first, established that the war was MUCH later on, but kept with the asthetics and kinda handwaved a return to 50s style as technology advanced. So the current lore is that the bombs fell in a 2077 that had a retro-1950 culteral asthetic.

12. Devon_v Senior Engineer

But we're doomed because they're all guys. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. zDeveloper10 Junior Engineer

well gee, they made it sound like it would automatically renew the world. they didn't tell us we had to do it ourselves. last time I hide out in a vaultco vault during a nuclear war. oh wait...
    in the long run, yes. for now though we have the ability to pop out of medbays like nothing happened. guess humanity will survive a little longer until the last medbayless engineer is killed

14. Demo Apprentice Engineer

nope

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

Fallout 1 never explicitly stated a date, but a time line can be peiced together from it. You get some clues as to what happened in Mariposa Military base. There are dated journal entries detailing one of the security staffs impression of the FEV in the last few entries it mentions the bombs dropping amd how they had to hole up in the underground facility. Don't remember the date it had though.
    (Hopefully this isn't a spolier, after all it is Fallout 1.)

16. SirLANsalot Apprentice Engineer

Just leaving this here

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Devon_v Senior Engineer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but installing that mod makes them all women instead, yes? Or can you actually select a mesh independent of other players?

18. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  19. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

Sadly though, we only have the one option available to us, lest we just keep our helmets on in other suits. It's a right lovely option though!

20. PolarWolf Apprentice Engineer

Maybe a Tinder app for all those lonely Space Engineers floating around?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  21. TungstenWall Apprentice Engineer

Next your going to tell me that by next major patch we will discover the Helm Memory Core, and humanity will rediscover the ladder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. CrazyCommodore Trainee Engineer

A connection with the Fallout universe explains why the engineer wears that Pip-boy like arm gauntlet. It would be really cool if there was a "look at the gauntlet" animation when accessing your inventory or the G-menu. As for the massive size of timer blocks and programmable blocks, they were obviously manufactured by RobCo.

23. Azzanine Apprentice Engineer

Jason Bright; Crap... Humans are here too! No one tell Saint Chris.

24. Qestroy Trainee Engineer

We were the crew of Rocket 69...

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. mrax Apprentice Engineer

That might explain why we can stand next to 40 reactors filled with tons of uranium, which we packed in there with our hands before, without the fear of any consequences...

• Like Like x 1
  26. Qestroy Trainee Engineer

Our Space suits are obviously advanced ultra-lightweight power armour

• Like Like x 1
  27. Devon_v Senior Engineer

We're all really good looking Ghouls. That would also explain why we can route out oxygen supply through the reactors.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Qestroy Trainee Engineer

And how we randomly go crazy and become really violent to anyone we see- wait, is that just me?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. madw0lf Trainee Engineer

Sorry, you're going to have to wait until someone reverse engineers a Clan Ultra Ladder for that.

30. Mike55520 Apprentice Engineer

Because it's the only culture they knew when they went in and since most vaults were cruel social experiments the survivors in tiny pockets never really grew past it. Kinda like how rainforest tribes don't really change culture. It's all they know and no contact with new ideas from outside

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.