Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Want to Change From Light Armor to Heavy

Discussion in 'General' started by Audiacious, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Audiacious Trainee Engineer

As the title says. I have built a hull out of light armor and now want to make it in a heavy armor version. Is there an easy way of doing this or will i just have to do it all again?

2. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Audiacious Trainee Engineer

How would I do this with the toolbox?? any good videos or such??

4. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

you can load the world in toolbox and then edit that ship by changing all the light armor blocks to heavy

5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Before installing SEToolbox, make sure you quit out of Space Engineers, and quit out of Steam. This is always a good idea before installing or updating SEToolbox. SEToolbox is usually updated by Midspace if a change at Keen is going to break SEToolbox.

I would suggest only altering backup copies of game saves unless you're really comfortable with what you're doing. SEToolbox will load an entire world into a list of objects: grids, asteroids, planets, loose items, players, etc. If it's a very busy world, it might take a while to load. You simply have to click the name of your ship, then look in the menu under "convert" I think.

Here's a link to an older how-to video. There have been some changes but they're easy to figure out.

6. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

Bumping this old thread seeing that devs are working on survival items. I Believe this needs to be native to SE with a new tool of some sort where you can add the resources and select a block for an upgrade.

7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  8. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.