Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Warhammer 40k server ?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by QUINTUS LEPIDUS, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. QUINTUS LEPIDUS Trainee Engineer

Hello, how about survival server with a lot of good mods and dark, grim Skybox [like Dark Planet from Steam Workshop] . Only two factions Imperium and Chaos , maximum size 100km cube and lots of meteors? About 10 or more players max at once, perm death, etc.
    I think it will be great and popular server.

I just created one - with loads of greatest Steam Workshop mods, and with grim atmosphere - mostly for roleplayers -
    It will be hosted few times a week - there is autosave and ability to save for all clients. If some people will play we will continue if not, then not ;).
    It's located in europe, pings should be good.
    It is survival, with 10 people max and world 100km cube - perm death included, and some nice features too.
    If we gather stable group of people who can keep climate, we will make new one this time priv only for friends.

Story:
    Constant War for resources between Imperial and Chaos forces. Small forces from both sides were send to take control of this small part of system.

Rules and settings:
    Healing only at medical bay [if you build one] , players when enter server please write at chat side you will join [Imperium or Chaos].
    All forms of war allowed. Cease-fire periods can be negotiated. Wars should be announced.
    All players who want to join and participate in longer term please write a nick and short respond in this thread.
    Server is public.
    PVP is on.
    Server has dark space and scary atmosphere, keep your lights on or die, you are in space not in wonderland ;).
    Main colours for Chaos - BLACK / RED / GREEN
    Main colours for Imperium - WHITE / BLUE / YELLOW
    Both sides keep building bases, ships, mines etc. & keep fighting with each other.

Victory:
    Total domination of one side [Imperium or Chaos]

Future plans:
    If idea will catch some more dedicated players i will try to look for , 24h, 7days a week working, stable and dedicated server.

Notes:
    Any ideas and proposals or help - please write them down here in this thread

I already created Imperium faction, need other person to create Chaos faction [keep "accept everyone" button on while creating] .

Check it out:

Server name:
    Warhammer 40K - Eye of The Void

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Tiger313 Apprentice Engineer

Here's me thinking this is Space Engineers, not Warhammer. :confused:

3. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Sounds great, I've always been a fan of Warhammer 40K (don't look at my profile pic!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Lakelui Trainee Engineer

can the factions incorporate all species with good vs evil??
    ie I would prefer to design a dark elder ship and as they aren't the friendliest bunch they would count as evil or chaos.
    if so it would be good to see a list for which armies come under each

5. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

sounds cool, I've done some warhammer builds before (shameless promotion: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252314184 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218113507), although not in a while and they where more aesthetics than functional, most of my more recent ones have been for my physics inquisition fleet. The server sounds like fun, although I can't promise a 100% commitment.

Will we start with any ships pre-built? My only worry is otherwise the server may loose its theme.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  6. Fab Apprentice Engineer

If you want WH40K, go play a WH40K game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.