Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Weld two sets of constructed blocks together and grabbing on to objects

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by spacedMatt, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. spacedMatt Apprentice Engineer

I was thinking it would be good and save some time if you could just weld already constructed blocks/equipment to your ship.

Say if your building a solar power station , rather than take all the solar panels apart and reconstruct them at the station. You could just grab them whole with your small ship , take them over to your station , maneuver it within half a block to where your welding it to and as close to the 90 degree angle as you can. Then weld it in place maybe taking longer the heavier the load.

And could be handy when you accidentally sever groups of components from your ship.
    I was also thinking being able to grab (like a landing gear) on to objects. If its lighter then you, you can move it and if its not, it will move you?

Thanks.

2. Grim Apprentice Engineer

It would also be pretty awesome to grab the blocks with your hands.

3. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

Yes! This is so much needed considering it's basic engineering! I would also like to see the exact opposite - possibility to remove the bounds between block and ultimately being possible to take part of the ship/station away from the rest.

4. spacedMatt Apprentice Engineer

I just had a thought it would be really good grabbing with your hands , because you and your friends could work together to move heavier objects by all getting a corner to stabilize it and reduce the load.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.