Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

welders refusing to weld projections apropriately

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by mmaaddnndd12, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mmaaddnndd12 Trainee Engineer

Welding small ships was a once easy and mundane task that could be done quickly, not so anymore. Welders used to work on projections nearly perfectly when working with projections before Space Engineers went to beta. Now they are super picky and refuse to weld projected blocks if there is a completed block within reach of the welder (both handheld and ship mounted). Often I will have to 'dance' back and forth at a projected block to get the welders reach to only just cover the projected block, and not the completed block behind it, to start welding it. A task with a margin of error equal to less than a footstep or a tap on the W key while flying. You (Keen) already had it working. So what is wrong with the old code? Was it too resource intensive or did you simplify it without knowing that this would happen?
    --- Automerge ---
    Also has anybody else noticed this issue? Please, i cant be the only person in the last few monthes to hand weld a small ship projection only to find that it barely works.

2. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

The small ship welder is a know bug in 1.186.5 and is stated to be fixed in the next major update.
    The hand welder vs projector = yes its not as friendly as it once was and I notice this also when I tried to weld a decent size ship a few nights ago. some blocks needed extreme distance to weld. some blocks would have the green highlight box around then indicating that they could be welded by the hand welder but no dice. some blocks attempted had to be hit from a different plane angle also.

3. mmaaddnndd12 Trainee Engineer

This is good to know, i looked and haven't seen hide nor hair of this issue being discussed by anyone else. maybe I just missed them all.

4. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

5. Yliax Trainee Engineer

I've had the same problems. I noticed when I'm right next to a block and try to weld it I get nowhere. I have to move away from the block far enough to weld it but close enough that it isn't out of range. It seems like there is this dead zone between the end of the welder and about 2 feet away where it doesn't weld. This is a huge problem if the projections ends up with a block in front of the one you want to weld because you effectively are unable to get to it. I used to be able to get inside the outer block to weld the inner block but that doesn't work anymore. I also used to be able to use small ship welders to fix this problem but small ship welders no longer weld more than one block deep and even then it's hit or miss on whether they weld the blocks right in front of them or not. I was flying a small welder ship back and forth, left and right trying to get it to weld and I was leaving huge holes in my blueprinted ships that I'm going to have to go partially take apart so I can fix them.

6. Tamagotchii Trainee Engineer

There is a workaround on the workshop that restores the radius of the small ship welder but I haven't used it yet. desperately I made up a large ship welder battery and a docking port and manually locked it to a small ship, the shot was a little far out but it did work.

7. mmaaddnndd12 Trainee Engineer

i tend to use projectors nowadays to show me where to manualy place all the blocks, not their intended function but its the best i can do.

8. jordan_hayes Trainee Engineer

i found if u take a step back it welds fine so u just have to keep walking forwards and then backwards havnt tried it in the new update yet

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.