Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

What more default cockpit scripts do you want?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

You know what I think would be the bomb @Malware a few icons for the toolbar for a cockpit in the toolbar config menu. One that says "Run Script" and another that says "Stop Script" When pressed by the player they pass the argument "run" and "start" respectively. Now we have a safe interface for players to interact with the script in a minimal way and possibly allow for some more complexity and interaction without breaking any of the safety protocols... I'm assuming that an argument could be passed to cockpit script this way...

2. Malware Master Engineer

@Ronin1973 LCD scripts have no arguments, no configs, nothing. All you can do is change a couple of colors... :(

An LCD drawing script written for the programmable block, sure. They can have arguments. But the built in LCD scripts, nope. I do plan to do some interaction experiments with more complex mods down the range though, it'll be interesting to see how far I can extend them.

3. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

All together everyone. Say it with me:

You can do it MAL. You can do it MAL
    Keep it up. Don't stop till we get a compass script. USE THE FORCE

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Without the ability to interact... I don't know how possible this is... but an automatic natural gravity aligner would be nice. There are a few out there. But when using sub-grids or attached via landing gear, the attitude of your ship tends to drift. It would be nice just to click a button and have it autolevel. Of course, the logic of how and when to apply the autolevel might be a bit tricky with multiple cockpits. Also, a semi-automatic mode where .rotating, or .rolling suspends the auto level for a few seconds until no more input is detected.

5. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Your ship needs an attitude adjustment? I blame rap music.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

One thing the Automatic LCDs 2 script isn't able to do, that would be useful, is to display to is display what an assembler is assembling or a refinery is refining.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

We could watch movies on a control station or cockpit screen. Yeah! That's the ticket.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.