Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wheel settings

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Lithorn, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lithorn Trainee Engineer

Since Physic run like badly in populated Dedicated MP, what settings on the wheels can I alter to make them not jump 20 feet into the air and crash or flip. I understand wheel height and all that but the issue is I don't understand what dampening does. I read to keep it at a low level to prevent too much jumping, at 100% slight movement causes it to rocket into the air. At 5% it jumps higher the faster you go. What can I do here?

I want to build a mining truck dang nabit.

2. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

This video is a great introduction to the settings on wheels.

Long story short, you'll want more Suspension Movement allowed to handle the off-road terrain, and a fair amount of Dampening to absorb the shocks of movement, but a low Strength so that things don't bounce too much. It's far from perfect, particularly in multiplayer, but this should give you a better chance! Good luck. :)

3. ziporama Trainee Engineer

I'm working on a combination miner that can mine in space and on moons and was looking at putting wheels on the thing. Helpful post, thanks.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.