Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wheel suspension

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by VillainVonBadGuythe3rd, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. VillainVonBadGuythe3rd Trainee Engineer

Hi guys I've been having a problem where in an attempt to build a land machine I end up using wheel suspension 3x3, and when I do it works fine up until I try to turn, where the fps drops severely,the game lags up and the machine starts twisting around even though it is 17,000 kg and in 2gs. The performance drops and I can't use the turn function as 2 wheels leave the ground and the remaining 2 just spin in circles endlessly going in opposite directions, doing nothing. Gyroscopes don't work, the wheels just lock up and don't work when I try to turn. The game normally runs fine, but the fps drops to ~6-7 when I try to turn.

System specs:
    intel 4th gen i5 4370k
    gpu: intel hd integrated with 8gb ram
    windows 7.

If anyone could help that'd be appreciated.

(Side note: Is this the appropriate place for a problem of this nature?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
  2. radam Senior Engineer

Altho integrated gpu really isnt powerfull, i dont think thats the problem.

How many artificial mass blocks do you have? And are they low and in the center of the vehicle?

Does simulation speed drop aswell? Shift f11 menu...

3. VillainVonBadGuythe3rd Trainee Engineer

I have 12, in the middle of the machine and some around the axels, and yes, it drops to downwards of 0.2, when normally it doesn't do that. Unfortunately that happens all to frequently with the new patch, but specifically and predictably when I try to turn my wheels.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.