Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wheel troubles...

Discussion in 'General' started by Nic_s, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nic_s Trainee Engineer

Only got the game this week. Enjoying it so far.

Hope this is the right place... need some help with using rotors and wheels.

I saw the video below and want to do something similar:

However, the wheels in game now seem different than the ones in the video. Is something like this still possible?? I tried adjusting some of the settings on the rotor and it made no difference. The game just won't let me place a wheel like the guy in the video has done.

Am I missing something?

2. cornivius Trainee Engineer

Have you tried placing the wheels first and then the blocks for the rail? Sometimes you can't place the wheels when there is a block right next to them but I don't think they have changed anyother thing appart from their texture.

3. Knsgf Junior Engineer

Since introduction of steerable wheels the collision mesh for regular wheels has been changed as well, so it is no longer possible to place a block next to it. You need to build rotors/wheels and the rail separately, then fly the rail between the wheels until they grip it.

4. salvaribeiro Apprentice Engineer

I built a similar system some time ago. But I had to adjust the wheels positions putting them on rotor levers. Now that we have pistons and rotor height adjustment you may use them instead.
    Make it so the wheels "pinch" the shaft, so you don't have to worry about milimetric adjustments. The game has changed a lot since this video was released so it may not be possible to do it as it instructs now.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.