Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wheels stuck at -0.00 power override - cannot be controlled again [solved]

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by MXXIV, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MXXIV Trainee Engineer

I accidentally moved the "propulsion override" bar on my wheels. I carefully tried to move it back to zero to be able to move the wheels manually, but it's stuck at -0.00. That should equal 0 but apparently doesn't in space engineers and hence the game still seems to think that the wheels are overridden and I cannot move them using keyboard.

Here are my wheel's settings:
    [​IMG]

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Did you try CTRL clicking on the box? You should be able to manually type in zero that way.

(CTRL Clicking = Hold down CTRL key then mouse click) Just in case someone was confused by the term. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

Can we ACTUALLY do that? Holy freak! I´ve never seen that in any videos... I TOLD my brother: every-single-piece-of-(whatever)-game HAS TO HAVE a developer´s full manual. It doesn´t matter if less than half of the players read it.

Thank you!

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  5. plaYer2k Master Engineer

In addition to that, you could also rightclick it to reset the default value, which in this case is 0.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MXXIV Trainee Engineer

Thanks for replies. Right click to reset worked just fine. I think the devs should look into the -0.0 thing. Under IEEE 754 -0.0 must equal 0.0. Although I can't really know if that was the real problem.

7. plaYer2k Master Engineer

The thing is that the actual value very likely wasnt -0.0 but only the display value. The actual value could have been around -0.00022, displayed as rounded value and thus not exactly "-0.0" which is 0.0 itself then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.