Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

When did damage start removing installed componants ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeloeven, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

the last few days i have noticed that damage caused by sources other than weapons is removing installed components from blocks and altering their build state. this change was not listed in any recent change logs and i am trying to figure out when this change was made and how do i disable this behavior on my server as it is an undesirable mechanic and should be toggle-able like thruster damage

2. FallingWhale Apprentice Engineer

Since survival was added.

3. NolanSyKinsley Apprentice Engineer

There are only 2 other options,

A. Blocks are invincible and cannot be damaged,

B. Binary damage, either A. a block survives or B. it does not, no in between.

While A. would possibly be a good toggle option I do not think it will be added on a per world basis. It will come as a protection mod, or being able to set individual blocks/cubegrids to be invincible. B. I just do not see happening, that is a very undesirable and highly unrealistic behavior.

4. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

what i am referring to is how within the last two weeks deforming armor blocks are loosing steel plates and i want to turn this off because this behavior was not present until recently.

blocks can be damaged without removing components as this was the behavior until recently

5. Conradian Moderator

This is not new behaviour. Block deformation will not break components up to a point, after which more deformation causes a loss of components.

Honestly, that's realistic behaviour, there's only so far you can push a plate until you can't just bash it back into shape and weld it back down. If it takes enough of a beating you really would have to replace some of it.

I say this isn't a bug, it's how it should work.

6. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

It's been this way since I started playing.

7. Blako Apprentice Engineer

For as long as I can remember, um, many months.
    • A miner came home from a mission and some of the repairs required new parts.
    • A guy rammed my solar panels, took new parts to bring it from 60% to 100% health.
    • Large ship thruster partially cooked my refinery = ordered new parts.

8. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

On Tuesday !

9. Zephram Apprentice Engineer

Exactly. Indestructible blocks holding all its parts together are unphysical. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.