Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

When i enter cockpit i cant control anything and 0 Mass on big ship

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stevenmwilliams0, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. stevenmwilliams0 Trainee Engineer

hey guys i've been having this problem, where when i place a cockpit on my ship and enter the cockpit it says that my ship has 0 mass. even tho is a huge ship. i have a gravity generator, plenty of power and thrusters and a gyroscope and tons of the normal blocks. i have tried a lot of different things but cant get it to fly! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Nacon Junior Engineer

Make sure they're all connected directly via hull or power unit. The hull blocks also act like a wire to connect things. When the cockpit says 0 mass, then it's not connected to the hull properly. Cockpit can only be connected on the back and bottom sides.

3. Martin.Kroslak Moderator

You probably used "New station" button instead of "New large ship". Unfortunately, there is no way to change this in game after you have created or built the ship.
    From your description it sounds like you have already built something large. Your options are either to start from the scratch, this time using large ship button to create first block, or if you don't mind experimenting a little, you can change it from station to normal large ship by editing the save file. I recommend backing it up before doing this though. :)
    If you open the SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs file in the folder containing your saved game using any text editor (eg. notepad should work as well) and change instances of text
    Code:
    <IsStatic>true</IsStatic>
    to
    Code:
    <IsStatic>false</IsStatic>
    you will change all stations to large ships. Depending on your patience, you could also change them one by one until you find the one you were looking for.

4. stevenmwilliams0 Trainee Engineer

Thanks so much for replying! i looked around my space engineers steam folder and didn't find any SANDBOX files or anything could u help me as to where to look? thanks!

5. ArcAngel Trainee Engineer

they arent found in your steam folder, individual worlds are found in the save folder which can be found at C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\spaceengineers\saves\longrandomnumbers\"savename"

6. Michealjcaboose Trainee Engineer

Saved games are usually kept in an app data folder trying doing a windows search for appdata. Or check in my documents. I'm away from my PC right now, otherwise if would find it for you. You may need to enable the viewing of hidden folders through the control panel folder options. Let us,know what you find!

7. stevenmwilliams0 Trainee Engineer

Thanks so much guys! got my ship flying thanks to all ya'lls help! im thinking about uploading it to the steam workshop you should check it out My name is steveothehero1998!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.