Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.
  2. Apologies for enabling the dark skin as the forum default. This was unintentional and the light theme that we've been using for the last couple of years will remain the default.

For anyone who hasn't noticed:
    We've enabled a dark skin on the forums called Keen Software House - Dark. It's not perfect but it gets the job done for anyone who doesn't enjoy white backgrounds. Go to your preferences page https://forum.keenswh.com/account/preferences or click the skin name at the bottom left of any forum page to switch

When not in game my PC tends to stall out quite a bit.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kane, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Kane

I think it happens in game also but not as bad. But when I'm out working on the browser I get a lot of stall outs and wondering if other people get this as well and if it's normal. Could be ships spawning and despawning in the distance?

This is a pretty fresh game like 30 minutes old.

I can see from task SE hits about 90%+ on the Cpu usage as well when this happens it's like deadlocking the entire PC.

[​IMG]

Here is my specs:
    Windows 10 64bit
    Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50 Ghz
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
    Corsair AX860I 860W Power Supply
    32 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 1070 OC
    500 Gig SSD

2. Roxette

Yes, I reported this as an issue months ago, there was no response from Keen, its never resolved, I guess only a minority of players alt-tab out and leave the game running, so maybe it's not been seen as an issue they need to do anything about.

I did some more testing on this earlier today and have posted a new bug report with steps to reproduce, hopefully it will get some attention this time.

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/si...-saturation-when-se-not-having-focus.7392803/

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Kane

I actually found I was also getting this in game at times. One point I stalled so bad that things happen :(

4. odizzido

put space engineers on a lower priority and that should help. Right click the SE exe file in the process tab and go to priority, low.