Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

When not in game my PC tends to stall out quite a bit.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kane, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Kane

I think it happens in game also but not as bad. But when I'm out working on the browser I get a lot of stall outs and wondering if other people get this as well and if it's normal. Could be ships spawning and despawning in the distance?

This is a pretty fresh game like 30 minutes old.

I can see from task SE hits about 90%+ on the Cpu usage as well when this happens it's like deadlocking the entire PC.

[​IMG]

Here is my specs:
    Windows 10 64bit
    Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50 Ghz
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
    Corsair AX860I 860W Power Supply
    32 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 1070 OC
    500 Gig SSD

2. Roxette

Yes, I reported this as an issue months ago, there was no response from Keen, its never resolved, I guess only a minority of players alt-tab out and leave the game running, so maybe it's not been seen as an issue they need to do anything about.

I did some more testing on this earlier today and have posted a new bug report with steps to reproduce, hopefully it will get some attention this time.

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/si...-saturation-when-se-not-having-focus.7392803/

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. Kane

I actually found I was also getting this in game at times. One point I stalled so bad that things happen :(

4. odizzido

put space engineers on a lower priority and that should help. Right click the SE exe file in the process tab and go to priority, low.