Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Where did the checksum files go?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zitizenzoldier, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zitizenzoldier Trainee Engineer

I received Space Engineers this evening as gift over steam. Download and install went on without a hitch, but upon launching the game I received this notification: "Space Engineers - application error occurred. For More information please see application log..."

Upon checking the log I found this error: 2014-07-22 23:33:11.584 - Thread: 1 -> Application error: Checksum file is missing, cannot verify game integrity!

I've tried verifying the cache with steam, Uninstalling and Reinstalling, updating my .NET Framework. Are there any other steps I can take to solve this problem?

Full application log can be made available upon request.

2. tylerdarkcaster Trainee Engineer

Me and one other person have had this same problem I even sent an email to the support team but so far it looks like I will be getting no responses ts been over 2 weeks I think

3. Zitizenzoldier Trainee Engineer

On a hunch I installed the game to my aging laptop, and got the exact same error as before, only this time when I checked the Log, it stated the following: Checksum file is missing, game will run as usual but file integrity won't be verified.

Contrary to the log entry, the game does not run as usual, in fact it does not run at all. Which leads me to my original question, where did the Checksum file go, and where can I get a replacement?

4. perrkat Trainee Engineer

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same error after the last patch. I emptied out my mods folder of everything except my skybox and it ran fine after that. I know the last patch messed the mods up somehow and they are working to fix that, hopefully this will help.

5. tylerdarkcaster Trainee Engineer

Are we supposed to have things in our mods folder by default because I haven't installed any mods?

6. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

I believe there is a folder with a bunch of numbers that you're supposed to have, I have since I've found it, deleted it. It's caused me no issues, but it might be related to the whole checksum/verify files thing.

7. tylerdarkcaster Trainee Engineer

hm any idea on how to get the file because re installing doesn't work

8. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

You could try.

1: Go to AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves
    2: Copy all files inside this saves directory to some backup location.
    3: Uninstall Space Engineers
    4: Go to C:\YOURINSTALLPATH\Steam\steamapps\common
    5: Delete SpaceEngineers if the folder is still there after uninstall
    6: Go to the AppData\Roaming folder
    7: Delete the SpaceEngineers folder
    8: Empty your recycle bin
    9: Reset your computer
    10: Reinstall Space Engineers

That's the most thorough I could think of being without messing with registry stuff, which is dangerous and you shouldn't do it if you don't know how the registry works very very well.

9. Zitizenzoldier Trainee Engineer

I tried the above stated method. It did not solve my problem, can anyone tell me what a Checksum file is or does?

10. tylerdarkcaster Trainee Engineer

Just wondering but does it usually take over a month to get a response from the support team other wise it would seem this problem is a problem they either don't know how or maybe do not want to fix

11. Zitizenzoldier Trainee Engineer

Good Question, I'm still waiting for a response too.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.