Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Where is my bottleneck?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mcdowect, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. mcdowect Trainee Engineer

System specs:

AMD FX-8150 8 core proccessor overclocked to 4.2ghz

8gb corsair 2133 mhz ram in duel channel

radeon R7 260x graphic card

corsair ssd.

I like building massive ships, its what I do, however im currently building a super capital ship in creative that I want to have at 500 blocks long. but im hitting fps issues im sitting at 20 fps with it at 250 blocks long

can someone advice where my bottleneck in my hardware is so I know what to upgrade

2. Lechai Trainee Engineer

if your set on building a large ship in creative then get SEToolbox and remove every object in the world including asteroids except your ship.
    Make sure you backup your save 1st in case you delete rotor parts.

Might save you some $$

3. mcdowect Trainee Engineer

I only build in empty worlds

4. joebopie Apprentice Engineer

i would think its your graphics card. (the game is not optimised so it could just be bad code) That processor is Literally double what I have and running at the same speed. your graphics card though is basically double the power of mine but Radon not NVidia. (cost me £40). My GPU is sat on 100% always in this game and my CPU is 50-70%.
    a ship with more than a few lights will kill my fps to under 15 easily. LIGHTS are not good for my card MUCH worse than a big ship.

Install GPU Temp. its a free program it will tell you how hard your Graphics card is working and you can always check task manager to see you CPU activity

Also the Debug stats give no information as to weather its the CPU or GPU that is bottlenecking

5. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Whats your motherboard ? And whats its bus speeds ? Motherboards are so much more important than people realize. If its slow, every cool part in your pc is slowed down, and what a waste of cash that is.

6. Syko Trainee Engineer

That is a really weak graphics card when you compare it to the rest of your system, I'd invest in a much nicer card, and you should see some of your problems go away. But remember that this game is not optimised yet, so there will be some performance increases coming in the way of patches in the future.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.