Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Where's permadeath option?

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by JJayzX, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

What title states^:confused:

2. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

It does not show up in the GUI configuration utility; Something they forgot to program in...Should be there by next update.

It is an option still, however, that you have to set in your SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file within the instance folder of your dedicated server.
    You can also just click Edit Config in the bottom left of the configuration utility.

At the end of the "<SessionSettings>" section of the cfg file:

<PermanentDeath>true</PermanentDeath>
    </SessionSettings>

If it is not there, add it.

In fact, if you are using an old save, Create a new instance, and compare the two together, and find any other missing options, and add them.
    It shouldn't let you start it with any missing, so it should be there.

3. JJayzX Trainee Engineer

Thanks. I think I got it fixed. I had to replace a line that said something like <PermanentDeath xsi=null "true" /> with what you posted.

4. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Yeah...idk why it does that sometimes.

5. cfriedman Trainee Engineer

How is perma death different that resetting ownership? All of your stuff gets deleted too?

6. gimmilfactory Junior Engineer

Permadeath true means that if you die, and all of your medical bays are shut off, you automatically lose ownership of all of your current control panel items you own and that you'd have to reset ownership of all entities, or hack each one with a grinder to regain it.

Now with it off, you can die with no medical bay and not have a friend's to use, then spawn in a new temp-ship as a newbie to the game, go back to your stuff and still have ownership and access to it.

Resetting ownership doesn't *delete* anything, it sets the "Ownership" option to "nobody" of all control panel items found in the world so that you can go to each one and re-take it.

7. Onemetalzero Trainee Engineer

With my service that I buy from Plugpayplay I had to request them to put a option in for the new normal server options.

8. Kielm Junior Engineer

I'm not convinced that this option actually works in multiplayer.

With permadeath off, we've had multiple examples of players having nowhere to respawn, so getting a respawn ship and then having all their stuff be owned by the 'old' character, even factions.

Has anyone had an instance where permadeath (off) has functioned correctly?

9. fevfev Apprentice Engineer

I,v had no problems with perma death on my server (apart from when it was added and set to true bty its self) and all the factions and spawn got bugged the only way i could save the server was to remove all players from the sandbox file and start the server back up (making sure the perma death was set to false in the sandbox file)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.