Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

White List for DS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by WraithLeader1, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

I was running a PVE server and had to quit for a while. The Trolls/Greafers were getting out of hand, and I work for a living and couldn't monitor 24/7. I'm looking for a white list option. Note: I haven't played since October, and only started back about a week ago. Is there a White list Mod?

2. Kurikaktus Trainee Engineer

you can make a steam group and would only allow players who are part of that group to join

3. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

@Kurikaktus, I know about the Steam Group, What I'm looking for is a way to add a white list on the DS instead of a black list. That way I can Invite others without adding them to a group.[/QUOTE]

4. rexxar Senior Engineer

Uh, the group is a whitelist. It is literally a list of people who are allowed to connect to your server.

5. Bone Juice Trainee Engineer

I believe the Steam group is probably your best option as Kurikaktus said. I wanted to accomplish the same thing, thought it would be a pain to set up, but actually it was quite easy to do and will accomplish your goal of setting up a whitelist.

6. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

Definitely don't add me to your white list. I'll PVP you first chance I get. :woot:

7. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

@Bullet_Force I usually run 2 servers, One for PVE and one PVP. My main gripe isn't PVP it's trolls and greifers who will destroy stuff and aren't playing to play. Just to be a$$es, Know what I mean?

8. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Unfortunately, because the internet is what it is you're not going to find what you're looking for. Your absolute Best Bet is the Steam Group. It's why they exist, so that you can know who you're dealing with and exclude griefers.

Even then it's not guaranteed.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.