Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Who already plans to take up piracy?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by meadman1, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Grim Apprentice Engineer

I look forward to meeting you all on the battlespace. Fun times will be had.

For me :D

2. Gentry Senior Engineer

lmao

3. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

I am kinda sure there will be a lot of different servers with different rules.
    Some will be dangerous and hardcore, other will be "only build no weapons or banned!!!11!".
    Everyone will suit his stile of play.
    And that's a good thing.

Probably a lot of great game modes will come out. I can see racing servers or "space soccer" servers too.

4. Gentry Senior Engineer

Don't get me wrong, I plan to play on lots of types of servers.

I just find extraammo's aversion pretty funny.

5. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

Just out of curiousity, would any of you pirates be interested in recieving a Letter of Marque from the Physics Inquisition when the time comes? It might pay to be at least partially legit on some servers? [​IMG]

6. extraammo Senior Engineer

The thing is, I don't have that much against playing as a pirate. I do have something against being a jerk online. You're the latter under the guise of a playstyle.
    Also, you repeatedly failed to grasp what I was trying to say earlier and instead made several assumptions.

7. Gentry Senior Engineer

but you don't know my playstyle

8. extraammo Senior Engineer

You're right. But you were coming across like you were expecting to be a pirate primarily which wouldn't work in most servers.

9. davesoft Apprentice Engineer

So far my piracy has been few but successful. Stealing a fighter here and there, removing a few gyros and engines from the inside of a big ship in flight... good times.

Bring on manual mode! Yargh!

10. GDFKingTigerTank Apprentice Engineer

The internal defense turrets can't go live fast enough. Good thing I'm not flying large ships on servers yet. [​IMG]

11. Gentry Senior Engineer

Then I'll just play with the big boys

12. Ironmike Apprentice Engineer

So if everyone on a server is a 'pirate' is anyone a pirate in actuality?

13. meadman1 Apprentice Engineer

I've been over this already, the play style that resembles 'piracy' is based on taking things other people have worked for, and reaping the fruits of other peoples labor. The pirate play style relays on other people to mine and assemble things so that they can be stolen. There for, a server may only have so many actual pirates before the resources for the pirates to take run out, and the pirates must resort to doing things everyone else does to survive. Pirates may even have to show mercy in order to allow for victims to later produce more things for the pirates to take.Pirates will also be conservationists in order to avoid simply becoming every other type of faction.

Please excuse typos, I did this on my phone

14. X39 Trainee Engineer

just my 50ct:
    Piracy is a thing which will be hard if there comes some MMO style gameplay out of this as you wont catch the big fishes without a big fleet
    also
    dont forget that you also first NEED the money/ore/... to create those ships before you can even start thinking about it

at the end
    the piracy will only work if other players dont get something like a police faction

so
    lets wait for dedicated MP servers + modding
    and i will solve those problems :F

kindly regards
    your UTF police faction

15. Sungur Apprentice Engineer

16. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.