Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Why is there no roadmap with this game?

Discussion in 'General' started by SirConnery, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

Would be nice to know what features the devs are actually planning for this game. Are we gonna get more decorative blocks? More upgrades to the economy system? More engineering related mechanics like heat? Improvements to planets? Combat?

Would be nice to know what kind of improvements are coming.

2. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Back in 2013 maybe they could have shown you a road map, but the second they made the game Early Access the community took over and now even Keen doesn't know where they're headed.

Either that or they're scared if you knew you'd stop playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Guys don't need maps!

4. Sirhan Blixt Apprentice Engineer

"The map is not the terrain."

5. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

6. Roxette Senior Engineer

7. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

Let's face it, when they put planets in the game they had to throw the map away. Planets fundamentally changed everything. There was no "getting back on track." Now there's a whole new "track" and no one knows how far it's going to go or in what direction. Then there are the "side tracks" (ME, Xbox) that reroute the "main" track. Thing is, new abilities and possibilities have presented themselves and the limits are not what they thought they were.

It's like me trying to finish my ships while a new block/feature/script comes out every fifteen minutes. How the hell am I supposed to know where I'm going with it, much less when it's finished? Right now that map @Roxette "found" is about as good as any.

Besides, they said they couldn't do planets but they did. The only stuff we can reasonably expect from Keen is anything they swore was impossible. This is why we are more likely to see shared servers with seamless handoff before we will be able to remove the crosshair without having to exit the session.

8. SirConnery Apprentice Engineer

Do we have any idea of what the financial state of Keen is? Do they have the money to hire new people to work on things?

9. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@SirConnery well they were advertising heavily in this forum and on the main screen of SE that Keen is hiring. So I am assuming they have the finances.

And on https://www.keenswh.com/jobs.html

There are 13 positions listed.

10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I take a simple approach. Play what I've got, and enjoy the fruits of their (KSH's) labors when new content becomes available.

11. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

They have the finances to fund 13 positions. That does not necessarily mean those positions pay well ;)

However, I'm sure Keen can afford the best.

12. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

keen: tries to add something new to the game.
    community:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.