Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Winds of Change!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

The winds of change have begun to blow in Space Engineers!

:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Late Late x 3
  2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

*flips table*
    Teasers DansGame

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. mikeangel Trainee Engineer

Forget that windmill, look at those freaking trees!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Annnnnnd this was teased how long ago....not to be a Debbie Downer or anything. :)

5. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

Oh snap, you're right! Those look like Medieval Engineers trees, no doubt about it! Are we getting logging and bio-fuels, perhaps? Plywood blocks? Who knows!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Patience, Engineers. Patience. ;)

7. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I have patience. :) Just not sure why the excitement, we have seen this teaser before, along with a combustion engine.

8. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Forget the trees and the windmills. Those engineers are standing there and not moving, not even breathing. We're getting the whole range of engineer statues! Or at least working scenario tools. The windmill is a distraction

9. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

Winds depends of the atmosphere/planets, affect ship and maybe also hurricane ?

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Well you could implement wind by spontaneously altering the gravity vector. Scale sound effects volumes or layering of wind with the increase in vector and away you go. Of course creating dynamic wind events would take a bit of planning: gustings, storms building, storms dying out. The values would have to slew so as to not be jittery.

Or they could just be showing off their new free-energy windmill. Please don't go Bethesda/EA on us.

11. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Do you guys actually believe that windmills will be more than a block that only functions on planets with sufficient atmosphere? I fully expect this to be just that.

12. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I mean it would be kinda silly to have a windmill on the moon or in space, so yeah I think will be an atmosphere only thing. :)

13. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

14. Malware Master Engineer

I don't understand why it matters if they were teased before. Yes, we who have been around since then are aware of these things but we're also aware they were postponed. Some people were convinced they were outright canceled. Now we are informed otherwise. People have been asking about these blocks lately. Here's the answer. Others have never seen these things at all. So once again... So what?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Malware I was just pointing out they were teased before, meaning do not get too super stoked in case they are not released soon. :)

16. Malware Master Engineer

17. J-Cataclism Apprentice Engineer

En...gi...neers... much...too...see... 8-)

18. vadersson Trainee Engineer

Windmills will be awesome. I assume Earth and Alien planets will allow them to function. Maybe Mars at a lower efficiency. I like the idea of something renewable besides solar cells so we can get through the night.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.