Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Wooden Gallery

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nejispo, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

Hi,
    this thread is only about my WOODEN GALLERY mod and ROOF SYSTEM SLOPE 30° mod.

Please use this thread for reporting a bug's. I will try to fix them.

Known bug's:
    - window shutters doesn't shine correctly when you mark them.

Known mistakes, impossible to change:
    - you can't shoot through closed shutter.
    - collision models around shooting holes are bigger than holes, it is minimally possible scale for shooting.

Thanks for support and Enjoy the mods.

Nejispo

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

"you can't shoot through closed shutter." how is this a mistake?

3. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

I meant through the shooting holes in the shutters. Because the collision model of shutters with holes caused wrong function of opening and closing the shutters. Was impossible to mark them.

4. GreatBeard Trainee Engineer

Hi Nejispo,

I went back to try the arrowslit curved walls and I realized that it is the diagonal wall that was preventing me from building the round gallery. I totally forgot to screenshot it but your mod is compatible with Yliroe's.

Again, great work on this mod. I love it.

5. timely Trainee Engineer

I can only google-english.
    First of all thank you for the mod - du have given you a lot of effort for the mod both optically and functionally.

I have installed your mod and I am 2 problems to please ....
    see image
    I found no solution to the problem
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ich kann nur google-englisch.
    Zunächst vielen Dank für den Mod - du hast dir sehr viel mühe gegeben für den Mod sowohl optisch als auch funktionell.

Ich habe deinen mod verbaut und mir sind 2 probleme auf gefallen ....
    siehe bild
    ich fand keine lösung für das problem

[​IMG]

6. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

Hi, this are very specific parts of roof. I am still working on base parts now. Later (Maybe) I will create such parts.

7. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Howdy,
    I our DS server crashed today after the latest update. See the log below:

8. MacGuyver Trainee Engineer

No more buildable since your last update in Creativemode.

9. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm that. The research scroll is broken. You can't either craft it, nor spawn it. I guess this is the reason why you cannot build anything anymore.

10. MacGuyver Trainee Engineer

I need a fix so mutch :p I Love this fuckin mod :woot:
    --- Automerge ---
    the mod is ok I just had to research it again as it seems

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Yes, after our server restarted, the mod works fine again :carlton:

12. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Our DS suffers from simspeed freezes to 0.08 every now and then. Deepflame told me they have discovered serious memory leaks in this mod, which may causes this.
    Can anybody confirm bad behaviour on their server with this mod?

13. MacGuyver Trainee Engineer

I have only occasional game crashes but only client side. The server runs absolutely stable except for me also in the survival of the memory goes out. (7.5GB for the Game)

14. C3ntron Trainee Engineer

Hey Nejispo,
    Great mods. Really creates a lot more posibilities.
    Just one question though: I noticed that with the wooden railings, when you place them on 'bare stone blocks', it still sounds as if you are walking on wood. Do you think this could be fixed?

15. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

Hi C3ntron,
    you right :) it looks like the sound of walking is according charakteristik of block you are in and not which is under you. The same problem is with vanilla wooden walls. I cannot fix it :( is the game bug.

16. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

yeah, we had to unfortunately remove this mod because it was having performance effecting errors. Which sucks, because this is an awesome mod of blocks which should be vanilla - love the building options the blocks creates.

17. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Did you compare memory usage with the mod enabled and after you removed it?

18. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I recall it was 5, almost 6 Gb higher over 24 hours than current

19. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Seems like vanilla servers are also suffering from increased memory usage - click

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nejispo Trainee Engineer

Hi,
    I'm sorry to have trouble with my mod. I would like to fix it if I know what.

21. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

I can load it up again and send you the relevant log information, if it helps.

22. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

Is there really something wrong with this mod? I have not noticed anything using it on my server, and honestly I don't see how it could. It only adds new blocks. How can it do stuff like memory leaking?

23. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

I noticed in my log that it shows "...model for subparts missing..." I think those maybe need to be appended to the research seperately. (I didnt check if they are.) Like every little hinge and even generated subpart needs to get unlocked properly. Because maybe the mainmodel battles the subparts in the question if they are unlocked or not... The second log is this "Event ShutterClosing02 could not be hooked, could not find any component providing it." Not sure about it, maybe that helps.

24. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

I have only played single-player on my own machine (no multiplayer at all) and have been having simspeed issues. I haven't built anything with this mod, so I'm going to try to disable it and see if that makes a difference. I will update this post once I have done that to let you know if that is what is causing my issue. If it does, I will also provide more information about what I'm seeing.

Update 1: I disabled the 30-degree roof slopes, and saw no change in the simspeed problems I'm having. Now to try without the Galleries. More updates to follow.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  25. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

Update 2: If this mod is causing my simspeed fluctuations, it infected all the mods I use. I disabled all of them and still have the issue, so apparently it isn't this mod that is the cause! :) I added a bug report to the ME forum for those, so if anyone else is having this issue, feel free to tag along on that thread. At least KSH was able to duplicate my issue!